TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

Better than Mystic Gallery

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 20, 10 1:22 AM
I thought this game was good, and I got a few PM's and they are also saying they enjoy it, so far. Mystic Gallery was so terrible, maybe this will help those fishies that had to subject themselves to yesterdays game!! I have seen other HOG/IHOGS games that have been better than this one, not a game I would be buying though, but I am hoping a few more fishies will. The graphics are so much better and not so much strain on your eyes, though I had a hard time with one hidden object that darn button! You also do not get penalized for clicking, and no timer that I saw and the hint button takes a little bit to load. Like I said it was ok, I am hoping you all will give it a try. For those fishies that like it, good to hear it, especially after yesterday you all deserve it and for those that don't, I am sure Big Fish will have something good soon!! Happy Gaming!!! TMann

Edited on 04/20/2010 at 1:52:44 AM PST

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Re:Better than Mystic Gallery

[Post New]by belamba on Apr 20, 10 1:33 AM
Hi TerryMann,
I so wanted to like it but just didn't. Glad you do though...and we not all see games the same way.
Found it boring, and only just entering the iHOG genre. Main gripe was too many tiny objects to find in each scene, and the interaction wasn't very interesting and I found it too repetitive. I was really looking forwards to something good today.
Great graphics though :-))

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 20, 10 1:51 AM
Hi La Bamba, You would have to admit after Mystic Gallery anything at this point looks and sounds so much better!!! I have seen other games that where more appealing than this one, and I wouldn't consider buying Masquerade Mysteries. However, I hope some more fishies will be pleased with this one. I know there are some that have been waiting patiently for a rather good IHOG, I'm not sure when that one will come out- any day now- Crossing my fingers for them!! TMann

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Apr 20, 10 1:57 AM
I had hopes for this one but the too-small objects took away all the fun. It's a pass for me.

At this point I am so hungry for a game that I might buy almost anything. I like the graphics and the clever Hints. Minis ar OK though I did find the jigsaw a bit awkward. The pieces of paper did not look like pieces of paper to me so I had a hard time recognizing them. Unfortunately I was done in by the tiny objects. More and more HOGs seem to be having these too-small-to-see objects lately and this game is the latest in a string of no-buys for me that are based on the tiny objects alone.

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 20, 10 2:09 AM
To: Bribling I saw your review on the other thread, So Sorry!!- this wasn't a game for you, I have to admit those hidden objects on Mystic Gallery- what objects? I could not find anything but that green gem, I was able to see a little better on this game, sorry the objects were too small for you. I am hoping you will get something soon, Good Luck!! TMann

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Apr 20, 10 3:37 AM
Hi Terry

DL now, will try later, Thanks 4 heads up.

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 20, 10 3:48 AM
Hey Patnsky, I read a few reviews and a a couple of fishies liked it and others let's just say not so much...objects being too small. If that is a problem for you, you may not want to bother. I would ask you to try it although I am not sure what you will think. Either way let me know and I will PM you soon, Take Care TMann

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Apr 20, 10 3:54 AM
Terry, for someone that obviously tries to be pleasant and nice, you're not taking into consideration the feelings of SweetCandy from MoonCat that obviously reads here. Your comments are neither kind or constructive. There was enough complaining about Mystic in its own forum yesterday, is it really necessary to drag it into this forum as well?

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 20, 10 5:07 AM
To: Snapnhiss Whether you read my reviews or not for Mystic Gallery, I did an add-on to my 2nd post and I asked the members of this community to go and see what he/she had to say. I even wrote that there may have been something that some members have missed. Actually I wrote that in two reviews of yesterdays game. One of them said PLEASE READ!! And the next one, well first of all my review wasn't as bad as some of the other ones I read, but I moreless said go read what sweetcandycane has to say. If you go check my long post you will see just that. I even put HOG/IHOGs may want to give this a chance!! Not to mention I got about 14 PM's yesterday, telling me that I should have not sent them over there where she was at and that if I moreless wanted to kiss a developers you know what, not to do it here at Big Fish. Another HOG member said, didn't you read the other reviews that said, "We don't need to be slapped on our hands." Some actually thought I did like the game and I didn't and I wasn't the only that didn't. Now if you want to get upset with me that is totally up to you, whereas I was helping fishies and that add-on to my review, I am sure sweetcandycane didn't notice how thoughtful, I was trying to be. Now as for the name of the thread people actually told me that Tomorrow's game was going to worse than Mystic Gallery and well to All OF Those Fishies that PM'd me about that, you all were wrong. As far as I am concern, I did my part and I was being nice and I did ask fishies to go see what he/she had to say, now whether they took my advice or not that was totally up to them. However, I know a few fishies that I did send over sweetcandygames way, who was not very pleased with the game, nor her uncalled for comments. TMann

[Post New]by Coronagold on Apr 20, 10 5:22 AM
DQ

tayers81
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,692 Posts

[Post New]by tayers81 on Apr 20, 10 7:10 AM
I just came over here to read a couple reviews of this game and I'm a little confused. I understand that some people may have liked the other game (Mystic Gallery), but it looks from reading those reviews that most DIDN'T like the game. I guess my confusion is why berate the OP for stating his/her opinion here? I thought we're all allowed to state how we feel about a game since this IS the spot for it. I don't think a personal attack against the OP is really the way to further a debate on the subject. As far as I knew, developers looked at these forums to try to get feedback on their games so they knew what areas were good and which areas needed to be worked on. So, I see nothing wrong with someone posting what their issues are with a game. I may not always agree with what they're saying, but I definitely think they have the right to their own opinion.

That being said, I demoed this game and I thought it was ok. It's not as good as some of HOGS/IHOGS I've played before, but I've been spoiled by some really good ones so it's harder for me to really love a game now a days. The graphics were great and it's definitely one that I'll consider buying when I get my free credits from this month's punch card.

woodentot
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,391 Posts

[Post New]by woodentot on Apr 20, 10 7:21 AM
I am sitting on the fence with this one, not sure. Played 60min demo, had to use the hint for a couple of things, the button wasn't one of them. Loved the taking the photo's of clues, a bit different, enjoyed most of the puzzles skipped two. Wonder how long this game is, my 60 mins finish with me dressing her up as a waitress. Think I will put this in my folder, in case I still need a game at the end of the month.

dewieee
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by dewieee on Apr 20, 10 8:21 AM
TerryMann wrote:Hey Patnsky, I read a few reviews and a a couple of fishies liked it and others let's just say not so much...objects being too small. If that is a problem for you, you may not want to bother. I would ask you to try it although I am not sure what you will think. Either way let me know and I will PM you soon, Take Care TMann

Nevermind

Edited on 04/20/2010 at 8:52:53 AM PST

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Apr 20, 10 9:30 AM
Hi fishies,

We definitely want to hear your suggestions about games and we understand that there are differing opinions as well. You are perfectly welcome to state your opinion about the game but let's refrain from commenting about other users. If you have a disagreement with another user, please PM a moderator and avoid posting in that thread.

Thanks everyone,

bfgTigris

runewarden
Herring
Herring
300 Posts

[Post New]by runewarden on Apr 21, 10 8:57 AM
I've not yet tried this, but unlike Mystic Gallery where the developer's attitude secured me against ever spending money on something they make, I will trial this.

To the developer of Mystic, lesson be learned, respect your customers.

This game looks more baisc HOG from screenshots, I probably won't buy immediatly but may note down as a future or Daily Deal purchase, Unlike Mystic Gallery and developers who went on my personal blacklist.

Will return here later to post a review on a trial of this game.

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 21, 10 11:25 PM
To: runewarden I couldn't agree with you more, I will talk to you soon. Happy Gaming!!!

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Apr 22, 10 9:26 PM
it seemed like every review i read boiled down to "this game will suck the life out of you!" so, yeah, i decided not to even try that game... i mean, i have enough going on in my life right now to keep me plenty busy, i don't need to lose any more time in games that are just plain awful! i am going to try 'copycat' though, although from what i've read it's been earning very mixed reviews... i'll let you know how i feel after i've played!

happy gaming!

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Apr 23, 10 4:40 PM
there's a lot more to copycat than hidden object scenes... it's definitely more puzzle in my book - whether you're trying to take pictures based on riddles or get the detective lady all dressed up, there's just a lot more going on than just a hunt... i think that will add to the game's replayability for most users... so i would probably go so far as to say that it's better than a lot of games that have come out lately - if that's what you're looking for! happy gaming!!

Go to: