Daxadillion
Salmon
Salmon
2,604 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 6 here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on May 31, 17 12:35 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 05/31/2017 at 6:28:13 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
8,663 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 6 here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 31, 17 6:28 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help. Checking out the help articles in Big Fish Games Help is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.[/color]

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by Stormy01 on May 31, 17 7:07 AM
Why is it that I all of a sudden can't play games. I have resolution set at 1920x1080 but it's still too big for the screen. How can I see the game in order to play. Windows 10.
Don't have the option to change settings to 1600x1200. I have tried all the settings that I can and still doesn't work.

Edited on 06/01/2017 at 3:44:26 AM PST

wb120b7
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by wb120b7 on May 31, 17 8:18 AM
I'm unsure if this is related to the size issue posted, but this is the second time I've downloaded the trial with the same result. I do have Windows 10, and this executable starts up in windowed mode. However, when I click inside the game window, the resolution is so large I'm unable to input anything to start playing. and I can't change the resolution. Help?

Message 2: Changing resolution in settings did not work. I have two other games that never worked; thinking about requesting a refund...

Edited on 06/02/2017 at 5:31:05 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
8,663 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 31, 17 9:07 AM
Hi Stormy01 and wb120b7,

I'm so sorry to hear that there is some trouble playing this game as well as others on your Windows 10 system. Thank you for letting us know what is being experienced as well as what steps have been taken as we definitely want to help get things up and running as they should.

If you are able to change your screen resolution to a lower setting, that may help get back into the game. I'll include steps below:

1. Lower the resolution to 1600x1200.
2. Launch the game.
3. Exit game.
4. Revert to preferred resolution.

I'm also going to provide a Big Fish Games Help page below that contains troubleshooting steps that are specific to the Windows 10 system that has been mentioned in this thread:

Windows 10

If issues continue to be experienced, please reach out to our Customer Support Team. The Support Team has the appropriate tools to provide further assistance beyond what the forums can provide.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the Active Moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

Bonz54
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Bonz54 on May 31, 17 9:12 AM
I have the same issue with windows 10 on this game and a lot of them. You have to change your settings to one of the lowest settings by going to Settings and Display then advance settings and "apply" changes. It changes the view for everything so you have to keep changing the setting if you want to view everything else on your PC in normal setting.

Dell PC's don't recommend the lower setting. I'm guessing that it is because it distorts the clarity on the rest of your PC applications until you change it back.
Once you change the setting you should be able to go to the "Options" in the game and change to minimal view to play.

Very frustrating as a result I don't buy a lot of the BigFish games anymore. BF should be able to tell their vendors to accommodate Windows 10 by now.

BF Customer Service used to be a lot better, they should have addressed this by now.

[Post New]by GablesGurl on May 31, 17 7:14 PM
Same issue with this game and Windows 10. Tried compatibility modes, tried changing the resolution and still it bleeds off the screen. I agree by now Windows 10 should be the default for developers.

julesyhedgehog
Catfish
Catfish
1,578 Posts

[Post New]by julesyhedgehog on Jun 1, 17 4:18 AM
Same issue on Win10 with the game overflowing on the screen. I tried the suggestions by changing the resolution but it still did not resolve the problem. The devs lost an opportunity to have gamers purchase this game but no properly testing on Win10s. I will not be playing the trial and certainly not use a credit. If I have to finagle my laptop too much in order to play a game, it's not worth it. So many other games out there to play.

julesy

[Post New]by judiflowers on Jun 1, 17 8:13 AM
Vacation Adventures 6 freezes and there's a buzzing noise. It does this every 10 seconds or so. I also have this problem to a lesser extent with the last several versions of this game series but they are playable. I've uninstalled the game and reinstalled it but it didn't help. I am using Windows 10 and have no issues with any other game from Big Fish.

[Post New]by vicci0328 on Jun 1, 17 11:02 AM
I love this game series, however have not been able to play the last 3 of them, due to the problems discussed in this forum, i.e. black screen after pressing "PLAY" with music in background.... I too use Windows 10, so it appears that for some reason, this game is not compatible with Windows 10. Has anyone ever addressed this problem?
This is very frustrating as it is not often that I find a game that I enjoy. Thank you for your assistance in solving this issue.

[Post New]by LYNDAHINDLE on Jun 2, 17 3:22 AM
Installed game. Violation at oxo477092e comes up windows closes programme
windows 7 operating system

Many thanks Lynda Hindle

[Post New]by 78gameam on Jun 2, 17 10:03 AM
I just bought the game and when it comes up only the upper left quarter of the game shows; in other words, it is too big.

I have a wide screen, but can't seem to adjust it. All my other games work fine with the resolution that I have. What should I do?

bfgBellerophon
8,663 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 2, 17 12:32 PM
Hi Everyone,

The Moderation Team greatly appreciates players taking the time to post in this thread what is occurring within your games. I'm sorry to hear that players are experiencing various issues on different systems. To help resolve these issues, I'm going to go ahead and provide Big Fish Games Help pages below with steps that have been known to help get players back to their game.

For the Windows 10 system, if the steps in my previous post to lower the screen resolution doesn't help, please refer to the following help page:

Windows 10

LYNDAHINDLE
, it is possible that you are referring to an access violation error message. This is a non game specific message that can occur before and during the start of a game. Please try the steps in the help page below that is specific to this message:

Access Violation

78gameam, please try to run the game as an administrator to help resolve your specific issue. This will enable the game to obtain the necessary permissions to run as it should.

If issues continue to persist, please reach out to our Customer Support Team. The Support Team has the tools to provide further assistance.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as I've also gone ahead and passed along the contents of this thread to the appropriate teams for investigation. If any information is brought to our attention, we will post in the forums. Please reach out to any of the Active Moderators if you have any questions. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by Marinersfan04 on Jun 2, 17 1:17 PM
Also having the same issue of game opening up way too big on the screen, so unable to play it. I've never had a problem playing the previous games in this series, so I tried opening Park Ranger 5--same overly-large issue now! That never happened in the past.

So, I'm wondering if this has to do with the recent Windows 10 update (Creation update I believe it's called). I had no trouble playing this series before that update. I hope BFG is passing this information along to the devs. I really want to play this latest game! Thanks.

Terri in Kirkland, WA

[Post New]by bjbax_63 on Jun 4, 17 7:44 AM
I've tried everything suggested, and still when I click on Play, I get a black screen with music in the background. Very frustrating. In this case, I don't like Windows 10. Never had a problem playing any games before, and I really like the Vacation Adventures games.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,210 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jun 4, 17 10:22 AM
No guarantees and many of you with Windows 10 may have already tried this, but if not...

Try playing in compatibility mode. I know BFG forums won't allow links, but this article gives two different ways to use Windows 10 compatibility mode. It's written for laptops, but it works for any system using Windows 10. I hope it helps at least some of you. Just copy and paste the link in your browser address bar. You might want to bookmark the article for the future purchases, if it does the trick:

<Removed by Burf90, since my edit of this post seems to have broken the "Removed by Moderator" message>

Good luck!

Edit:
So... since I can't post that info here in link form, just do an Internet search for "windows 10 compatibility mode" and see what you get. If BFG has anything on compatibility mode for windows 10 in their help pages, I couldn't find it. Maybe the moderator will find it and link to it here.

As I said, I really don't know if it will help anyone else, but it has helped me get games up and running correctly quite a few times, recently.

Again, good luck!

Edited on 06/07/2017 at 12:24:28 PM PST

[Post New]by Marinersfan04 on Jun 4, 17 5:10 PM
I found a way to make it work (Windows 10): I lowered the screen resolution one notch down from the Recommended, to 1680x1050. Then the game opened as a small window, but I could see the entire opening page. Under Options, I checked Full Screen, and now it plays correctly. I changed the computer resolution back to the Recommended setting, and tried the game again. It now opens and plays correctly. I'm happy!

bfgBellerophon
8,663 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 5, 17 12:49 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and address the recent posts in this thread. I'm sorry to hear that players are experiencing issues with this game on the Windows 10 system. It is recommended to refer to the following Big Fish Games Help page for troubleshooting steps:

Windows 10

Players are also welcome to try adjusting the screen resolution as Marinersfan04 mentioned as this has also been known to help resolve the issue on Windows 10 specifically. I'll include the steps below:

1. Lower the resolution. While it is normally 1900x1080, switch to 1600x1200.
2. Launch the game.
3. Exit the game.
4. Revert to preferred resolution.

If you find that you continue to have issues, please reach out to our Customer Support Team. The Support Team has the appropriate tools to provide assistance beyond what the forums can allow. I've also gone ahead and passed along the contents of this thread to the appropriate teams. If any information is brought to our attention regarding the issues presented here, we will post in the forums.

I'd also like to remind users of the Forum Rules when posting, specifically,

HTML, links, and images are not allowed in the forums.

We ask that users not post outside links as this will ensure that the rules are adhered to and help maintain the security of the users.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the Active Moderators. We are always happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

Cr1s
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by Cr1s on Jun 7, 17 9:44 AM
While playing, the sounds suddenly disappeared. I can hear the music, but not the sounds. I checked the settings and they're fine.
Any idea on how I could solve this problem would be very appreciated because the game feels "empty" without the sounds. Thanks!

I've already disinstalled and re-installed the game, rebooted my PC, etc. etc.

Edited on 06/07/2017 at 9:45:52 AM PST

Showgirl25
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by Showgirl25 on Jun 8, 17 8:47 AM
How do you get to a new scene? I cannot get past Lakeside Station. The bar will not move. Playing on mac 10.12.5.

Go to: