Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 6 here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on May 31, 17 12:37 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 05/31/2017 at 6:27:30 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 6 here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 31, 17 6:27 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 6 here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 6.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on May 31, 17 7:56 AM
Glad to see another Park Ranger game. Cute HOG, definitely will have to get out the reading glasses for this one. Could be just because I haven't played this one through yet but things seem to be really well hidden this time. Great colorful, sharp graphics. Good job developers! Skip time seems to be shorter for those of us that do not enjoy puzzles but I haven't checked this out versus the previous games. Glad to see a sale today so I bought without playing much of the demo. Game made nice with computer running Win 10 64 bit OS so I'm off to check out the park.

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on May 31, 17 12:02 PM
My favorite, favorite game. Thank you BFG! Keep the fun games coming. No murders and gory stuff!

[Post New]by sixmets on May 31, 17 7:39 PM

Edited on 06/13/2017 at 12:07:26 PM PST

cal711
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

[Post New]by cal711 on Jun 1, 17 12:07 PM
I'm also having trouble finding items this time around. I have the other 5 Park Ranger games and the 3 Cruise Director ones but things seemed easier to find in them. I'm not complaining though because I like a challenge, even with "simple" games like this one, and once I get my bearings, I'll probably be fine. I like that the skip times are shorter on this game (only 1 minute) and I admit I've had to use it already (the fishing lure jigsaw puzzle was giving me a headache!).

I'm just so glad that there are still games like this being made for people like me who like the enjoyment of just finding hidden objects and playing some games. I've tried the games with the storylines, characters, dialogue, and inventory and have found them way too tedious. When I click on a new HO release and see that it has any of those things, I just pass it by and hope that a game I like will be coming soon. I didn't know that there was PR 6 in the works but was very happy when I checked the New Releases today and found it. I wish they'd do a Cruise Director 4 but maybe that's on the drawing board as well (fingers crossed). These and the Big City Adventure games are the ones that really do it for me. Thanks, Big Fish, for keeping those types of games on your site.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jun 2, 17 3:59 PM
Hello friends! Well, we have #6 in this series and I have them all. Bought this one with even trying out the demo. If you like straight HOPs, then you will like this series. The scenes are still a little cluttered, but not bad at all. Some items are way too small, so you can get a little eye strain if you aren't careful. You still have to find wildlife and garbage for extra points. The garbage can be a carton, pizza box, coffee cup, empty bottle, etc. This is where the challenge is in these games, as their placement can be pretty tricky. Yes, I still have the need to find them all. The best part is, if you don't find everything the first time, you can replay the scene and find it. You don't lose the money you already earned and you don't have to start all over finding all the collectibles, just the one (s) you missed.

The devs still seem to be working on the faces. The eyes finally look almost normal and not like they are sitting on a tack. The music is still quite annoying...I either turn it off or way down.

I like how you play a scene and then a puzzle each time. The puzzles haven't changed in all these games, but they do break up the monotony of straight HOPs, which have become quite interactive. You have quite a variation of puzzles to play. Each scene and each puzzle that is completed earns you money to purchase souvenir items from your vacation. The more stars you earn, the more money you earn, the more items you can buy.

A lot of people don't care for straight HOPs, but they are quite relaxing to me and a very nice change from the dark, dreary, bloody type games we seem to get a lot of lately. I think most players will find this one a nice game for a lazy quiet day. As I said, I already bought this one.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Jun 2, 17 8:01 PM
Loved, loved, loved it! Can't wait until Park Ranger 7

scorpio42
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by scorpio42 on Jun 7, 17 7:48 AM
This is a great game...Enjoyed playing the puzzles except for the math ones and could not find all the recycle items at 2 scenes even though I did try several times ... Those were at the Welcome and Auditorium scenes ... I sailed through to the end with flying colors after that! Looking forward to Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 7 when it gets released probably next year...

Edited on 06/07/2017 at 7:49:24 AM PST

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Jun 10, 17 2:22 PM
WOO HOO...was finally able to get this game, which is one of my all time favorites, they are just so fun, IMHO !!

I got this one and the BCAR so I am in gaming heaven, although I do like this one more, so will play it first .
I don't know what I would do without my games, they have literally been a lifesaver for me, I get so much joy and RELAXATION from them.

This has everything I come to expect, great mini's, love collecting trash & recycle and different wildlife, placing items back, hiding places and the normal listed items!!
I didn't even go on the BF site to look, because I didn't want to be tempted, thanks to a friendly fishie, who thinks of others, I was able to finally look & buy...and there was 2 of my favorite games!!
A wonderful day...for sure ... .

[Post New]by Diesel2591 on Jun 11, 17 7:00 AM
Question: is there a way to restart a level while you're in it, or do you have to finish it and then replay?

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jun 11, 17 10:17 AM
Hi Diesel2591. I answered your other post, but the short answer is no. See the other reply for details.

plat1098
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by plat1098 on Jul 8, 17 6:31 AM
I like this game series also, it hits the right note. It's gotten so I always go for the trash first, a must-do. Not always in the mood for long, drawn out storylines with mini games I don't have the patience for.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jul 15, 17 9:40 AM
For the last 6 years, Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger, has given us a virtual vacation, one I personally look forward to every year. I love the familiarity of this old school HOP, and I'm sure you love it as well. The rangers at the Pinecreek Hills National Park are always busy, and always seem to need our help, cleaning and finding the lost critters.
The Park is going to be busier than ever so there's no time to waste finding missing items, cleaning up the park, and finding lost wildlife. There are seek and find puzzles in scenes all around the park, and each scene has several wildlife animals to find that are shown as silhouettes in a box to the left of the word search bar, when all animals have been spotted, the box will close. You will also recycle trash that is laying around, such as plastic bottles, crumpled paper, bottles and cans, when all trash has been found, the recycle can icon will be displayed and the bin will be full.
You will earn an Eagle Eye achievement if you don't use either the hint or mega hint feature. The Mega hint will show you the location of every item left to find. You earn a Bronze star for completing the search, a Silver star if you find all wildlife OR all recyclable items and a Gold star if you find all wildlife AND all recyclable items. Words listed in blue require an interaction of some type, and words in red are hidden inside or behind things, requiring you to click on an item to open it or move it, which will reveal the hidden item. Many of the scenes have an area that zooms in which will have several items within, that are on the list. Levels can be replayed at anytime to better your score or locate items you missed the first time.
My favorite feature in the Vacation Adventures games are the abundance of Mini Games available after each search, such as, Spot The Difference, Word Search, Match Two and several different styles of puzzles, rotating tiles and putting together maps and pictures with different shaped pieces. You can use the money you earn playing the game, in the Souvenir Shop to purchase 16 vacation park souvenirs, everything you purchase is kept in a display case in the Souvenir Room, and you can earn up to 20 Achievements, happy camping, enjoy!

vikina43
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by vikina43 on Aug 8, 17 10:14 AM
I love this game. The colors, the locations, the mini-games and the music is very relaxing. I can't wait for Park Ranger 7. This series is my favorite among HOG. Keep up the good work?

Edited on 08/08/2017 at 10:14:46 AM PST

zephyrzodiac
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by zephyrzodiac on Aug 9, 17 11:30 AM
Too samey for me. The mini-games lack variety, and the wildlife and litter are just a little too well-hidden! Also, the story-line in earlier games was better.

Go to: