KingTrout
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Suggestion: Change to Resource Marts

[Post New]by KingTrout on May 31, 17 5:35 AM
Please give us the option to change the type of Resource Marts we've built. This would help me tremendously because of missteps early on in the game. For instance, I built two hat marts and a brick mart in Tokyo instead of even build, which would have allowed me to mine for gems in that city.

I would be happy to pay coins to change up my builds!

fishfinder246
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

Re:Suggestion: Change to Resource Marts

[Post New]by fishfinder246 on May 31, 17 7:55 AM
What a great help this would be! Just one chance to change, not the ability to switch back and forth, which I know they would never do.

If others chime in, maybe we could make this happen? Or not!

??

Edited on 05/31/2017 at 7:56:20 AM PST

NeenaL60
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by NeenaL60 on May 31, 17 8:05 AM
I like the idea....

[Post New]by globetrotter217 on May 31, 17 8:19 AM
Oh yes, great idea!

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on May 31, 17 9:15 AM
It's been suggested before. I'd pay coins to change the type of resource too, and in one or two cities would use it even if it meant destroying the mart then building up from scratch.

Not sure how the UI would add the option to change resource, but I'd really appreciate this feature.

lawaters
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by lawaters on May 31, 17 9:34 AM
Yes please! I'd pay coins to change or rebuild. I've got 2 pinks and a brick in Tokyo and want to change a pink to hats.

(I also wish cities after SF had 3 resource marts instead of two but I won't cloud this request with that one.)

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on May 31, 17 12:32 PM
Greetings Everyone!

I wanted to swim by and thank all of you for participating in this conversation. It's completely understandable to want to be able to change what Resource Marts produce, especially after playing the game further.

The Moderation Team doesn't have lots of influence over changes made to Gummy Drop! but we always want to be advocates for our players. I'll definitely pass this suggestion along to the appropriate teams.

Please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active moderators. We're always happy to help.

bfgBeruna

Edited on 05/31/2017 at 12:33:07 PM PST

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on May 31, 17 4:11 PM
I have made this same suggestion directly to them before a number of times, ages ago, and it seems to always fall on deaf ears. Have also made other really good suggestions, but it seems nothing will ever come of them. Sigh!!!! But I would be happy if they could follow through on these things. There is nothing wrong with players having good ideas about changes to the game.

KingTrout
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by KingTrout on May 31, 17 7:27 PM
I make mistakes all the time in this game. They'd make tons of coins off me if they ever decided to give us the "undo" option to use during the games! I know many have asked for that feature. Same concept.

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on May 31, 17 11:54 PM
I've also suggested the ability to change the Resource Marts in the past. I also felt that suggestions fell on deaf ears, but they did change the resource requirements for one level of Blossom Valley when people complained, so they do act sometimes.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jun 1, 17 4:53 AM
keitht53 wrote:I've also suggested the ability to change the Resource Marts in the past. I also felt that suggestions fell on deaf ears, but they did change the resource requirements for one level of Blossom Valley when people complained, so they do act sometimes.

Resource requirements or goal in a given level would be a very simple fix, likely to a database entry, XML file, or similar thing that doesn't need a software developer, just a level designer. From what I've seen in the various game updates, most of the budget is for artists and level designers. While there is some budget for software development (source code changes) it is small (such as adding a new type of goal for a level) and not present in every release. Software development is expensive. I've worked in and around the game industry for about ten years; it is amazing how much adding a new feature costs, over and above the risk of adding bugs to the game or just making the UI more confusing so players give up and play something else instead.

I'd really like to see this suggestion implemented, but I doubt it will be done, unless they charge $$ for it and think enough players would pay. I'm rather surprised that we still get a new city every few weeks, and most of those new cities don't need any software development hours at all, just art, level design, plus QA and management.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Jun 1, 17 5:44 AM
Call me cynical if you like, but they CAN afford it. This game, and all the others in the BF stable earn millions for them. That is after all why they are developed in the first place. We are all just lucky that we think this is the best game going around and that we enjoy it so much, whether we spend real money or not, but that is up to the individual if they wish to do so, but there is really no need to spend apart from the one off life lifter purchase which is worhtwhile. Some major improvements to the game would be most welcome, especially if the ideas come from players who know it inside out and can see the benefit of certain things being done to improve it.

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Jun 1, 17 6:38 AM
No game is perfect and there are different changes everyone would make depending on their individual circumstances. For example, I do not build resource ports, but I have over 5500 useless travel vouchers as I have completed all the available cities. I would love to be able to trade them for something. But, BF is more responsive than most game developers. The two times I needed to contact customer service, they were very responsive and quickly solved my issues. Sure, GD could be made better (ie. make the helping hands relevant again by increasing the rewards or lowering the cost) but it is the best game I have ever played and it has kept my attention for over 2 years. I am grateful for all the work that goes into making new cities.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Jun 1, 17 7:00 AM
You're right Snowman, of course. I didn't mean to sound like I was being mean about it, just factual. I agree with what you say about the GD team being very responsive as they have got back to me the times I have had something go wrong and they have helped me every time, they are fantastic about that aspect of it. I have never got involved with ANY other game like this one and have no other game to compare it to when it comes to the developers helping you etc, as this is the only game I have ever made contact with anyone about. None of the other games are anywhere near as good as this one, and like you, its kept my attention since day dot too. NO other game keeps me coming back daily like this one does, I have plenty of others I play when I have nothing better to do and have run out of lives here, but really, they are nowhere near as enjoyable as this game. Gummy is my 'go to game' So hats off to the team, they do a great job, even though we would like some improvements in things we see that really could be improved. But hey, if they don't change it, it will still be fantastic.

fishfinder246
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

[Post New]by fishfinder246 on Jun 1, 17 8:57 AM
Wow! What great information from all who have taken the time to post about this issue.

One other thing to note is the potential increase in building of resource marts by players, thus an increase in income (spending of coins) for the developer.

Fish

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Jun 1, 17 8:46 PM
The coins spent to upgrade ports is not real money, just game coins earnt for completing levels etc, it doesn't cost real money so not sure how they make income from it?

fishfinder246
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

[Post New]by fishfinder246 on Jun 2, 17 9:00 AM
Jules,
I guess what I meant was spending "coins" is actually real money if you run out and have to buy them to purchase boosts, extra moves, and to build resource MARTS, or whatever else you may need to move forward in the game.

Personally, I don't purchase coins, but at least some players, (as we know by reading some of the posts here) do buy them using real money.
Hope that explains what I meant.
Fish

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Jun 2, 17 4:28 PM
Yep, that explains it, and yes, you are right, there must be plenty of people who pay real money for games. Such a waste IMO. Personally, I don't understand why anyone even needs to, I have never had to spend on anything, apart from the one time I made the decision, when it was on special, to purchase the life lifter. And that was not only on special when I got it, but having got the itunes card at around 30% off its price, it meant that in reality, it cost me even less than the special price by BFG. So it was a good deal but a ONE off purchase. I have completed Cannes, so if I can get to the latest city without spending anything on boosts, lives, etc, then I have no idea why anyone would need to pay. And I didn't buy the life lifter until I was at least 3/4 through all the cities, so its not like I have had it from the beginning, far from it. I made it through approx the first 15 cities without using many boosts either, I just didn't know then how they all worked and NEVER once purchased any from the boost bar apart from shovels when inside a level. All the boosts I get, (and I have accumulated a huge stockpile of them), is from the daily challenges and many extra coins from the gold fevers. I have now over 90,000 coins in the bank and thats taken a lot of cities to accumulate, but it can be done. The ironic thing is, now that I am at this stage, I don't really need the coins in this amount nor do I need many boosts. I really still prefer to be challenged by the levels and not use boosts if I can to get through, although there are the odd levels that really need one or two to get them out, especially timed levels. HATE them. But its still fun and thats the most important thing, I would not still be playing it if I did not enjoy it and its far and away the best game ever.

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Jun 2, 17 5:34 PM
Jules: I have over 56,000 coins now and to be frank it makes the game less fun. I also have tons of boosts from daily challenges and finishing cities. It is less fun because I know I can easily beat any level by using boosts, even buying them, and not really affecting my coin or resource levels. If I need extra moves, shovels, or even eternal freezes, it is no biggie. At first I thought using boosts was "cheating" , then I realized they are an integral part of the game. Now, they just make it too easy....not if I will pass a level or City, but when. Especially with frequent shipping, it is just a matter of time.

Edited on 06/02/2017 at 5:36:31 PM PST

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Jun 2, 17 9:25 PM
Snowman, I actually agree with you that having all the coins and boosts etc at our fingertips doesn't make it more fun, I really like the challenge of getting through the levels without having to use them at all, hence, the enormous build up. After all, what else can I spend them on anyway besides boosts that I don't really have to have? It kind of defeats the purpose, but boy, if I had known about them, daily events, getting them for free earlier on in those cities that were murder to get through, I would have loved to have had them then. I struggled through them all without more than shovels and extra moves and time, that was it, and I didnt' know about this forum, I didn't google search, I didn't see any videos or tutorials at all, never even thought of that. Wish I had had the help, info and this interaction with other players back then. The players who are just new to this game now and have already found this, are very lucky being able to get the help that I just didnt' know existed. However, I got through it all the same, so just proving it can be done.

Go to: