Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Bridge to Another World: Escape from Oz Collector'e Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jun 1, 17 12:47 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 06/01/2017 at 6:29:42 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Bridge to Another World: Escape from Oz Collector'e Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 1, 17 6:30 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Bridge to Another World: Escape From Oz Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Bridge to Another World: Escape From Oz Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Bridge to Another World: Escape from Oz Collector'e Edition here.

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Jun 1, 17 7:36 AM
i like it so I bought it. Thanks designers and developers for the colorful graphics, good music and voice overs. Lovely artwork. Always loved the movie about OZ so I'm intrigued to see what they have done with the story. Not challenging but I've found if the games are too hard to follow I lose interest and never play them again. Everyday life is challenging so I don't need it when I'm trying to relax and enjoy a game. Toto is a hoot but now I feel obligated to fix up his room with the coins I've found this far. So, I'm off to see the Wizard...where are my ruby slippers? Oh, I've got the sorceress silver ones to use. To those of you that enjoy the whimsical... happy gaming.

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Jun 1, 17 8:14 AM
Its a cool game! a strange twist on the "Wizard of OZ"Like other "Bridge to another world" It has some similarities! I'm OK w/ shortness of game! But have you notice lately games have gotten shorter? The trial is kinda short too! But it kinda gives a idea of what to expect! You might find you like it! I purchased it!

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Bridge to Another World: Escape from Oz Collector'e Edition here

[Post New]by judy76073 on Jun 1, 17 8:46 PM
nanafraser wrote:Its a cool game! a strange twist on the "Wizard of OZ"Like other "Bridge to another world" It has some similarities! I'm OK w/ shortness of game! But have you notice lately games have gotten shorter? The trial is kinda short too! But it kinda gives a idea of what to expect! You might find you like it! I purchased it!

I bought it as well - yeah just a bit strange - but enjoying the game - had a glitch at the start re-did with a new profile and it's working good now

yes - finding the CE games are providing less and less extra stuff - used to get all kinds of colletables, morphing objects and other stuff - made the games interesting - now just getting perhaps 1 item to find. So other than a "bonus" chapter, not much extra to rate the extra price.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jun 2, 17 5:15 AM
Have to agree with the other posts; I'm loving this journey through Oz One of my favourite games this year was the last 'Bridge To Another World', the one about Alice. This one is equally as enjoyable although a bit less challenging. I do like this developer's games and I bought this after the trial expired. It seems like quite a long game to me. Some may not like collecting coins to buy various things for Toto but he's so adorable, I didn't mind getting him a nice kennel, some food and toys to play with!

Really fun game to play. I've had no technical issues with the full game. Desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit.

[Post New]by MaryCricket on Jun 2, 17 11:57 AM
This is a really fun game, I love Dorothy's every time I hear it I laugh, so far this is the best game out there, completely different from all others

This is my second game in the series, I enjoyed the one with Alice, but this is like icing on the cake

[Post New]by NanaShirls48 on Jun 2, 17 6:40 PM
I loved the story line, the graphics, just everything about it. I played the demo to the very last minute and did not even realize it because I was so into the game and having fun. I really enjoy the guy who was doing the voice-over for Frank, (plus more characters in this and other games.) Is there any way to get his name so I can give him the kudos he so rightly deserves? He is the voice over guy in many of the games I love and he is the best in this line of work. This game is a definite buy for me and I recommend this game to anyone who would enjoy a fun, twisted version of the "Wizard of Oz"

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Bridge to Another World: Escape from Oz Collector'e Edition here

[Post New]by MaryCricket on Jun 2, 17 7:08 PM
NanaShirls48 wrote:I loved the story line, the graphics, just everything about it. I played the demo to the very last minute and did not even realize it because I was so into the game and having fun. I really enjoy the guy who was doing the voice-over for Frank, (plus more characters in this and other games.) Is there any way to get his name so I can give him the kudos he so rightly deserves? He is the voice over guy in many of the games I love and he is the best in this line of work. This game is a definite buy for me and I recommend this game to anyone who would enjoy a fun, twisted version of the "Wizard of Oz"

I think his name is Eric Braa, he does a lot of voice over for Eipix

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Bridge to Another World: Escape from Oz Collector'e Edition her

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 3, 17 9:40 AM
This is a great game. It's colourful - a rarity in HOGs these days - and it's fun and exciting to play. A pity that I can't get widescreen unless I play in window mode on my Win10 laptop. Otherwise, a first-class game, and the best one I have played in a long time. I also love the HOS in this game, and the puzzles, which are - thank the gods - on the easy AND fun side. I am not much into puzzles, but these are fun to do.

Oh, and I also love finding coins to buy stuff for Toto.

Edited on 06/03/2017 at 9:43:05 AM PST

faboomama
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by faboomama on Jun 4, 17 8:56 AM
Hedging on if I should buy this. I finished the demo yesterday and liked that they hewed closer to the book, than than the movie in some bits. Loved the h/t of your new friend being named Frank. But the puzzles were so simple and as someone else mentioned, not much other stuff to collect to make the game fun. I also have to play with the sound low, because whoever does the VO for Dorothy has a diction that grates on my nerves whenever I hear it. I hope too never hear that voice & the dudebro voice from Adam Wolfe in the same game. Someone else mentioned it was bright and yeah, but the scenes were still cluttered, so it was distracting.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Jun 20, 17 1:12 AM
Based on completed game: unless you love finding coins to buy things for Toto, then wait for the SE. This was a beautiful game full of rich colors and a story that followed the book, not the movie. Short of that, there is little else. HOS repeat (which makes me grrrrrr as that's just cheap) and the bonus game was a disjointed waste of about 15 minutes. What happened to the wizards? Where did this witch come from as you landed on her in the main game? So I seem to be rattling on about the bonus chapter but it really was very disappointing and as we get almost nothing else for our CE money in this game, I therefore recommend waiting for the SE.

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Jun 27, 17 9:00 PM
I agree with the above posts. Love Toto.

nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Jul 3, 17 8:03 AM
Thank you, kgustavson, for commenting on the bonus game. I wish more people would do that, as bonus chapters a/o collectibles are my only reasons for purchasing CEs.

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Jul 4, 17 7:06 AM
finished the game, bonus chapter was pretty short.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jul 13, 17 10:07 AM
Today's forecast calls for sunny skies, unless you're name is Dorothy! Poor girl, she doesn't even have time to drink her morning cup of coffee, before a violent tornado rips through her house! The good news is that Toto is fine, the bad news is that the house is no longer a home, the really bad news is, I don't think Dorothy is in Kansas anymore! Yep, you guessed it, her house has a new address, in the land of Oz. (I would like to point out that in the original movie, Toto is a Cairn Terrier not a Scottish Terrier, everyone gets that fact just as wrong as the saying, Toto I don't think we're in Kansas anymore)
Bridge To Another World has done it again! Dark Parables isn't the only game that knows how to put a twist on a classic fairytale! Escape from Oz however, isn't nearly as good as the last game in the series, Alice in Shadowland, because this game is too cliche, and it makes the plot seem more like a sarcastic comedy. I also found the graphics to be far more inferior from Alice in Shadowland. Instead of the wicked witches of the north, south, east and west, the land of Oz is protected by the wizards of the same origins. The problem is, that three of the wizards are missing (did anyone look under Dorothy's house?) and the last remaining wizard has agreed to send Dorothy home, but only after she finds three statues and returns the to the wizard in the Emerald city. The even bigger problem is, Dorothy isn't the only one searching for the statues.
You get two helpers to assist you in your journey down the yellow planked bridge, good ole Toto, and Frank. Toto is cute, and doesn't appear to be annoying, Frank, only communicates with Dorothy via a set of video walkie talkies (bluetooth must be fantastic in the land of Oz!) As far as Collector's Editions go, this one is a bit stingy with the "extras" Each scene has 2 Scotty Coins to collect. When I say collect, that's exactly what I mean, because they aren't hidden, they are quite the opposite, more like, in your face visible. You can use these collected coins to buy virtual toys for Toto, as well as hats to dress him up. This is a feature I just don't get, I just don't see the appeal of buying fake toys to give to a fake dog in a fake room, from a house that's not even habitable anymore! And the hats? Why do I want to humiliate my poor virtual Toto? Besides the Walkie-talkie Frank feature, you will also have a pair of magical Goggles that can reveal details about various events, after you play a game of Spot the Difference, of course.
The Hidden Object Scenes are varied each time, with Interactive List finds, Multiple of the same item finds, and Placing items back into the scene. I actually enjoyed the HOP where you are tasked with finding 20 pumpkin seeds by interacting with bits and pieces of the scene.
The Mini Games are pretty easy but fairly entertaining. Below are brief descriptions of some of the games you'll encounter during the demo:
1) Slide tiles to create an opening to allow a frazzled Toto to free himself.
2) Spot the 5 differences between both Goggle lenses.
3) Slide the direction stones to their correct areas based on compass points. Stones can only move to slots that are connected by lines.
4) Select various equation stones so that the shoes land on the lense.
5) Arrange the triangles to complete the image by selecting and dragging the triangles.
6) Recreate your attackers body using arrows and buttons to change the appearance and size of each portion of the image based upon the outlined clue.
7) Place the print token next to their corresponding creatures.
This Collector's Edition has 19 replayable Mini Games, 21 replayable Hidden Object Scenes, 4 Screensavers, 13 Concept Art Pictures, 9 Wallpapers, 16 Movie Videos, 6 Music Soundtracks, 20 Achievements, Collectible Scotty Coins to buy Toys and Hats for Toto, a built in Strategy Guide and a Bonus Chapter, enjoy!

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Jul 21, 17 11:59 PM
Penny1942 wrote:i like it so I bought it. Thanks designers and developers for the colorful graphics, good music and voice overs. Lovely artwork. Always loved the movie about OZ so I'm intrigued to see what they have done with the story. Not challenging but I've found if the games are too hard to follow I lose interest and never play them again. Everyday life is challenging so I don't need it when I'm trying to relax and enjoy a game. Toto is a hoot but now I feel obligated to fix up his room with the coins I've found this far. So, I'm off to see the Wizard...where are my ruby slippers? Oh, I've got the sorceress silver ones to use. To those of you that enjoy the whimsical... happy gaming.

TOTOally Agree with Penny1942, Really enjoyed playing this beautiful entertaining nnon grey-matter straining game. These Developers are really gifted in my humble opinion and I like their little touches here and there...Oh how I loved my little helper TOTO, I even enjoyed our 'shopping sprees

out of 5 on my personal enjoy-ability scale because by reading the reviews before buying I knew there were not a lot of extras and collectables so was not disappointed.

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Dec 2, 17 10:06 PM
Played both CE and SE demos for this and liked it so much, I decided to buy the CE even though the bonus content has not been favorably reviewed. What a delightful game with a well balance of everything. It's not too hard and not too easy. Colors are brilliant and so appealing with their warmth, making for an exceptional ambience. I haven't seen a game of such quality for too long a time. I am not a mini game/puzzle fan, but these are doable and some are fun. I do skip those I don't like or want to spend time with. The tile game is good and the third round is always the challenge removing them all. HOS are done with excellence as the rest of the game, and the story line is interesting, also. Bonus content could have been better...longer, but on the whole, the game is so good that I wanted the CE and am happy to have it. I wasn't overly fond of just being able to buy things for Toto....or...hats? What is with that? He is so cute and lovable though, that you just can't resist. I found it is better to be able to visit with him in this CE than not be able to in the SE. This is a game for everyone.

underwriter
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by underwriter on Apr 23, 18 9:08 PM
NanaShirls48 wrote:I loved the story line, the graphics, just everything about it. I played the demo to the very last minute and did not even realize it because I was so into the game and having fun. I really enjoy the guy who was doing the voice-over for Frank, (plus more characters in this and other games.) Is there any way to get his name so I can give him the kudos he so rightly deserves? He is the voice over guy in many of the games I love and he is the best in this line of work. This game is a definite buy for me and I recommend this game to anyone who would enjoy a fun, twisted version of the "Wizard of Oz"

Certainly agree with the observation on Frank's voice, with this (SPOILER) caveat -
He also voiced the character of "The Priest" in the second Enigmatis, in which he gave all kinds of help, but, of course, turned out to be a major villain The distinctive voice tipped me off right from the start to the probability that "frank" would also turn out to be a villain. If the developers wanted that to be a surprise, they failed.

Go to: