Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Surface: Strings of Fate Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jun 3, 17 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 06/03/2017 at 5:53:19 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Surface: Strings of Fate Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by MONIKALYNCH on Jun 3, 17 1:47 AM
I AM SORRY,this is totally new for me,my new game,'ESCAPE FROM OZ WILL NOT START.WHAT DO I DO????

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Surface: Strings of Fate Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jun 3, 17 2:06 AM
MONIKALYNCH wrote:I AM SORRY,this is totally new for me,my new game,'ESCAPE FROM OZ WILL NOT START.WHAT DO I DO????

Try posting your question in the 'Escape From Oz' forum, where you will get more help. You could un-install and re-install but for more detailed help this is the wrong place to ask. This is tech issues for the 'Surface' game.

Edited on 06/03/2017 at 2:08:58 AM PST

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Jun 3, 17 5:53 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Big Fish Games Help Pages. Using our Big Fish Games Help Pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help Pages. please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.[/color]

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgLianorm

bjdjtjbjd
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by bjdjtjbjd on Jun 3, 17 9:30 AM
The game keeps running in slow motion. I tried to play as administrator but keeps acting up. I am using windows 10.

Edited on 06/03/2017 at 9:31:56 AM PST

[Post New]by loglady2 on Jun 3, 17 1:27 PM
I cant get surface strings of fate to play. I am using Windows 10

Edited on 06/03/2017 at 1:28:27 PM PST

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Jun 3, 17 3:21 PM
sorry to hear that, loglady2 - it's working fine on my windows 8.1 (32 bit) PC computer. one of the reasons why I have not switched to win. 10. I still think there's too many glitches in win. 10 yet - I've rarely had any problems with any games on Windows 7 or 8.1 on a PC. I tried windows 10, but didn't like it. I use Google or Google Chrome as search engine - & Windows Defender as antivirus - no issues at all with anything.

BFG is my only site for d/l games - they are trustworthy and I rarely have issues with their games.

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Jun 3, 17 6:47 PM
I've already sent in a support ticket. I can't download this game, and I've already been told that my free trial is over. Oh, and I'm getting a message that I have an Error Code 3 (an internal error in the game manager). I have Windows 7, so there's no excuse.

Mac_too
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Mac_too on Jun 4, 17 11:53 AM
I am playing on a MacBook Pro. The game is playing very poorly, choppy transitions and a bright spot on the screen on the right hand side all the time. I can get rid of the spot by leaving the game and re-entering but when I change screens, it reappears.

Edited on 06/04/2017 at 3:28:09 PM PST

[Post New]by calmcarolyn7 on Jun 4, 17 4:46 PM
bjdjtjbjd wrote:The game keeps running in slow motion. I tried to play as administrator but keeps acting up. I am using windows 10.

I'm having the same problem in that it takes an extraordinary amount of time to load, to change scenes, etc. I stopped playing the demo after it was taking so long to go anywhere in the game. I literally left the room, got something to eat, came back, and it was still loading the first time I tried to start playing it. I also have Windows 10. I am certainly not going to buy it and take all day trying to finish it.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jun 6, 17 11:27 AM
Hello Everyone!

I'm sorry to hear this game isn't running properly and want to swim over to provide some troubleshooting guidance.

If Surface: Strings of Fate Collector's Edition is running slowly or won't play at all, checking that the video card driver on the computer is up to date can often resolve that. The help article below provides the instructions for that process:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Big Fish Games Help also offers resources about error codes a game might receive. The help articles below offer information about how to identify and troubleshoot any error codes that are encountered.

Error Codes in Big Fish Games App
Error Code 3

If the help pages above don't fix the game, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to provide further assistance.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. Please don't hesitate to PM me or another of our active moderators if any more questions arise. We're always here to help.

bfgBeruna

Furryfury
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

Stuck, no small lens.

[Post New]by Furryfury on Jun 24, 17 3:37 PM
I am in the bonus game, at Gregory's pier (page 40 of the strategy guide). I cannot move on because I have broken glasses that have no lens.

The strategy guide, on page 36. says that I should have gotten the "small lens" a ways back in the desert, either from the bag of levitation powder or the chest with the floral symbols missing. It says, "open bag, take small lens." I never received a "small lens" at all.

Now I can't go back to that scene because it is locked. All I have is one wooden disc, one part of Lyanna's soul, and one pair of broken glasses with a missing lens.

I will try exiting out of the game and going back in to see if it will magically show up in my inventory, as that has happened before in other games...but it sure looks like I am completely stuck and can't continue.

I am really enjoying this game, but I hate it when devs spend all of their time on the main game and the bonus game suffers.

Running Windows 7.

EDIT:
Well, restarting didn't work. So, with nothing left to do, I hit the "hint" button and up popped a portal that let me go back to the desert scene with the bag from which I was supposed to get the small lens...great, right? Nope. Turns out there is nothing there. I clicked everywhere, nothing. I hit the "hint" button again, and it shows me where the small lens should be, but there is nothing there and there is nothing to click on.

What a cruel trick...looks like he really IS stuck in the Forgotten Lands forever!

Edited on 06/24/2017 at 3:51:27 PM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jun 24, 17 3:54 PM
Hello Furryfurry,

I'm sorry to hear there's trouble with this game's bonus game. Since the scene containing a necessary item is locked, I'd recommend contacting our Technical Support Team. They'll be able to provide some more support.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. If any more concerns or questions arise, please don't hesitate to PM me or another active Moderator. We're here to help and to listen.

bfgBeruna

Edited on 06/24/2017 at 3:54:37 PM PST

I've been playing along just fine, then...

[Post New]by cyndig19631 on Jun 28, 17 6:26 AM
Just as i'm about to fight the 3 Fates, my screen freezes. I'm playing on a brand new PC, so I doubt my software is the issue. My question is this: If I delete the game and reinstall it, will I lose my place and have to start all over again?

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jun 29, 17 4:48 PM
Hello cyndig19631,

Thank you for taking the time to report that issue with the game freezing. It sounds like you're wondering if the saved game data gets removed when uninstalling the game and will it be available after re-installation. I have great news in regards to this.

When the game is uninstalled, the saved data for the game is usually retained for our premium titles so that if you need to uninstall the game temporarily but would like to retain your progress, it'll remain until you reinstall. So, your progress should be retained if you need to reinstall the game.

For more information on how to uninstall and reinstall one of our games, the following article can help:

Uninstall and Reinstall a Game

Also, if you need further assistance with the game and our help pages do not resolve the issue, don't hesitate to contact our Technical Support Team with details of what is occurring and what game you are seeing trouble with. Our Reps will follow up as soon as possible to assist further.

Thank you so much for your time, and I hope this was able to help. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by Pastafarian1138 on Oct 7, 17 12:54 PM
Game crashed during installation. Unable to uninstall, no error code just never uninstalls. When attempting to close the uninstall, received error code 912.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Oct 7, 17 2:08 PM
Hello Pastafarian1138,

I'm sorry there's been trouble with this game. Let's see what we can do to fix this.

Error code 912 confirms that there's been a disruption in the installation process. Oftentimes it can help to install a game directly from the Big Fish Games app's Purchase History rather than the website. If that doesn't help the game download properly, I'd also recommend adjusting the app's network settings and downloading the game using the Alternative Method.

Both sets of instructions can be found in the help page below:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

Should these steps not work, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be able to provide further suggestions.

Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active Moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

Go to: