Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Surface: Strings of Fate Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jun 3, 17 12:37 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 06/03/2017 at 5:52:47 AM PST

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Surface: Strings of Fate Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Jun 3, 17 5:53 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Surface: Strings of Fate Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Surface: Strings of Fate Collector's Edition.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgLianorm

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Surface: Strings of Fate Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jun 3, 17 6:35 PM
Hello friends! Wow, do we really have #11 in this series? As always, I mostly review on the game play and leave the story to others to review. Colors are very nice and bright, but not over powering. Not sure where the purple came from, as others in this series did not have it. Still not too bad. Graphics are very well done and quite clear. Game play is excellent, with no problems during the demo. Animation is very smooth and movements are quite realistic, e.g. eyes,mouth, etc. Music is the same as all the others in this series and is not obtrusive or annoying. Voices are age and character appropriate and very well done, with emotion. There is just enough character interaction to make it a bit more realistic. Sounds FX were very nice and quite realistic. Be aware that there are bright lights now and then, when traveling through the "land of the forgotten." Fortunately, it doesn't happen often. Occasionally, things jump out at you. I didn't find that scary, but some people might.

HOPs are a combination of silhouettes, interactive lists and straight lists. Areas are very clear and items are not difficult to find. I did not see that there was another game you could switch to if you did not care for the HOPs. Puzzles were interesting and I found most to be more than a little challenging as well. They took time and thought to complete. Very well done. Hint system is quite helpful and it does transport to longer locations. This is very helpful, as you do return to the same locations multiple times. Yes, you can use the jump map, but this way is much faster and less clicking.

As in all the games in this series, we have to collect flowers. Some scenes have more than one. They are not difficult to find, but easy to over look. We also have 12 figurines that all look like rag dolls. These dolls morph, so be on the lookout for these as well.

This story is very different from the others and is quite interesting for a change. The game progressed very smoothly and was quite easy to follow, and you were constantly on the move, so you don't get bored. This one has a lot of very nice features. I do not give 5 stars easily, as a game must be exceptional in all areas. The only thing keeping me from the 5 stars, is that I felt the collectibles could have been a bit more. Even at that, I gave it a 4.75. I think most all levels of players will find this one fun and entertaining. I love this series, and naturally, I have all of them. Yes, I am going to add this to my collection.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Jun 4, 17 3:19 PM
so, I finished the game - it was not bad - enjoyed it. Have noticed lately that there's less and less collectibles/morphing objects to look for in the CE games - that's what has made these games so enjoyable for me.

As well, would be nice if more developers would give us gamers the opportunity to collect any items we may have missed at the end of the game WITHOUT having to replay the game. I missed 5 of the collectible flowers (some of which were almost impossible to find !) & 1 of the morph dolls. (SIGH). had to refer to the SG several times for locations of the flowers.

I know I will not replay this game anytime soon, so it is disappointing. Some developers do accommodate this - so would be nice for other developers to do the same.

In all, though, I didn't mind the game and it played very well

Edited on 06/04/2017 at 3:21:22 PM PST

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Jun 5, 17 7:02 AM
I like "Surface" games, very little spooky but not bad, lots of places to travel so it keeps your interest going! Trying it never hurts!

[Post New]by loislamonaca on Jun 5, 17 8:15 PM
[qenuote=Daxadillion]A thread for your reviews.[/

[Post New]by loislamonaca on Jun 5, 17 8:16 PM
Daxadillion wrote:A thread for your reviews.
enjoyed the game, good story line.

[Post New]by caddriver on Jun 11, 17 12:58 AM
This game forces me to listen to barking dogs.I get zero enjoyment listening to dogs barking endlessly. I deleted the demo after two minutes.

Foxy57
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by Foxy57 on Jun 20, 17 12:42 PM
I have enjoyed this game a lot !! It last long enough to give you enjoyable time..

Surface: Strings of Fate Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by mattiehelen2002 on Jul 4, 17 5:20 AM
I liked the diversity in the HOs and the puzzles and really enjoyed the game, but I am sooooooo disappointed I cannot go back and find all the flowers to play the last game. I always love the "Extras" when you can go back and improve scores, or find things you missed. I have all the surface games, but it just seems that developers are taking short cuts and the games are becoming less enjoyable.

Don't get me wrong -- "Strings of Fate" was outstanding and I thought unique. Length, visual,sound and the story line were great. I loved everything about it, but, after looking for the flowers, I figured I would be able to find them in the "extras" and then I could go back and replay the game. This is the first Surface game I have been disappointed with. It really bothers me I cannot play that last game because I did not find enough flowers, and I don't even know how many flowers will let me play it. I am not going to replay the game because it may end up the same. I found all the collectibles, did not skip any puzzle or HOs, and even spent time looking for the flowers. Why show me where the collectibles were in the SG, but not the flowers. This is why I only purchase CEs.

As you can tell, I am livid!! I even watched the dumb credits. The three series I always buy sight unseen -- Dark Parables, Surface, and MCF.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jul 13, 17 10:10 AM
Rachel and Fiona had just left the store when a speeding truck appeared out of nowhere, sideswiping young Fiona. Rachel rushes to her sister's side, only to find that she's not ALONE IN THE MIST, when a stranger appears, and then disappears with her baby sister! Rachel wanted to scream for help, but another man appeared out of nowhere, she froze, paralyzed with fear. Help is THE NOISE SHE COULDN'T MAKE, but the man assures her that he is here to help save Fiona. Rachel is told that her sister has been taken from REEL LIFE, by one of the three spirits of fate during a GAME OF GODS. To save Fiona, Rachel will have to pluck the STRINGS OF FATE, and leave the comforts of THE SOARING CITY behind, to discover the MYSTERY OF ANOTHER WORLD. Fiona has been taken to THE PANTHEON of the land of the forgotten where it doesn't take a VIRTUAL DETECTIVE to figure out this LOST TALE. Rachel only has one shot to save her sister before both sisters lose their memories in the land of forgotten. Just one chance, because you cannot RETURN TO ANOTHER WORLD that you don't even remember!
I'm sure this game will receive many 5 star ratings, but for me, the storyline wasn't interesting enough to merit 5 stars. Not only is the plot similar to many other games, it's also already been done in this series, in Game of Gods. As I was playing the demo, I found myself distracted a few times, looking outside the window, at the birds and horses, which is a good indication that the storyline can't immerse you wholeheartedly. It's a good game, but not epic, but that's my personal taste and you may very well love it. As far as Collector's Editions go, this one doesn't offer much, the usual Hidden Flowers (usually one red, one white in each scene) and 12 Morphing Characters.
The Hidden Object Scenes are varied with Listed Item Finds, Silhouetted Shape finds and Multiples of a single item find. Some HOP's have a small Mini Game to solve, and some of the Mini Games are more like a HOP.
The Mini Games vary in difficulty, but nothing really challenging. Below are brief descriptions of some of the games you'll encounter during the demo:
1) Drag items to the correct place in the scene during a short story.
2) Select a numbered path, 1-3 (scan over with mouse to see the projected path route) and click at the right time to avoid being caught by the guards.
3) Disable the infra red cameras in the correct order.
4) Connect the dots to recreate the picture shown on the instructions.
5) Arrange the figurines on the shelves so that no matching one shares the same row or column, either horizontally, vertically or diagonally.
6) Combine the stone halves in the center circle in the order shown on the clue. The top button rotates pairs the bottom button moves the pieces to the center circle.
This Collector's Edition has 140 Collectible Flowers in each scene (which unlocks the Secret Room), 12 Morphing Characters, replayable Hidden Object Scenes and Mini Games, 11 Achievements to Earn, 10 Wallpapers, 10 Concept Art pictures, 5 Music Soundtracks, 1 Screensaver, a built in Strategy Guide and a Bonus Chapter, enjoy!

[Post New]by bjdavis on Nov 4, 17 2:54 PM
Priceless!! I'm loving your review!

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Feb 25, 18 12:44 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed this game from start to finish. So many things to do, a few more collectables thrown in which was good, some challenging puzzles, lots of different scenes, excellent graphics - the list goes on.

The only negative was the 'Secret Room' more HOPs, why would I want more HOPs to do?? A secret room should be something that you don't see in other games.

I admit besides the extra game play (and this one was a decent length) all the other items have no value/interest to me. It's either more HOPs, a gigantic HOP or replaying games you've already played.

Come on guys, think outside the box...

Regardless of the negative bit above, I still enjoyed it and think it was a good purchase.

Go to: