KARA'S GARDEN

Abbietweets
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,025 Posts

KARA'S GARDEN

[Post New]by Abbietweets on Jun 4, 17 8:43 AM
Hagrida and I have brought the good old supermarket trolley with plants to give you a start. Knowing how you like your flowers, we thought we'd start you off with some climbing roses for the walls, and rose bushes for the borders. We found a lovely trellis archway which we thought you could put wherever you thought best, and we got some clematis that you train against it.

Hagrida has started the barbecue and I've started the food. We've moved over the booze that Buddy provided, so we have a good start.

All we need now are a few more helpers and you will be soon be a self sufficient gardener.

How about one of your famous desserts?

Buddytrex
Clownfish
Clownfish
732 Posts

Re:KARA'S GARDEN

[Post New]by Buddytrex on Jun 4, 17 9:48 AM
Thunder and Lightning are working on a set of fountains. One has water for the plants. Every half hour it sends a spray of water upward to water the plants. The others have the other type of liquid, better know as booze, that erupts every five minutes. The boys are also setting up an agility course to try, up a slide and then down, weaving in and out of flags, plus the tunnel crawl. They had so much fun with the other dragons while everyone enjoyed my manors.

Abbietweets
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,025 Posts

[Post New]by Abbietweets on Jun 4, 17 11:55 AM
Oh well done Buddy, what a lovely idea to have fountains. I'm sure Kara will love that. We'd better put down a blanket by the booze fountain, if it's rum it's spouting I know who might be sitting nearby, glass in hand ready to catch the flowing liquid .

Let's not forget, that we are here to help plant a veggie and flower garden, but the games for the dragons will go down well.

Wonder where Kara has got to?

karatopa
Catfish
Catfish
1,550 Posts

[Post New]by karatopa on Jun 4, 17 2:56 PM
You wonderful people and err dragons I have been busy making deserts but they were interrupted by family unexpectedly turning up and needing feeding it's late now so I've popped the ones I salvaged in the fridge and they will be on the way tomorrow
Buddytrex you clever person a self watering garden you must have been reading my mind

Trellis oo yes lots of trellis I found some honey suckle and climbing hydrangea I'll pop them just here
I'm so excited over in the corner ooo flowers I love flowers
Thanks All Kara

karatopa
Catfish
Catfish
1,550 Posts

[Post New]by karatopa on Jun 4, 17 2:58 PM
You wonderful people and err dragons I have been busy making deserts but they were interrupted by family unexpectedly turning up and needing feeding it's late now so I've popped the ones I salvaged in the fridge and they will be on the way tomorrow
Buddytrex you clever person a self watering garden you must have been reading my mind

Trellis oo yes lots of trellis I found some honey suckle and climbing hydrangea I'll pop them just here
I'm so excited over in the corner ooo flowers I love flowers
Thank you all
Kara

[Post New]by roses_r_red on Jun 4, 17 9:40 PM
Well, we are really late getting here. Oh, the roses are spectacular! I LOVE roses. I brought goodies for the vegetable garden. Tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, carrots, potatoes, peppers and lettuce. That should make a very nice salad.

Hopefully someone will arrive with some fruit to plant.

Kara, would you like some fruit trees? Maybe an orchard over on the other side of the manor?

Looks like we have enough to do to keep us here all week. Bertha and Bolt are looking forward to trying the agility course.

Abbietweets
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,025 Posts

[Post New]by Abbietweets on Jun 4, 17 11:04 PM
Hope there's some space left for some strawberry plants, I had a few left over from Buddy's manor.
A cauldron of chilli is on its way - some taters would be nice, but Ima seems to be away, I think I'll send Hagrida over to her manors to try and find her.

Meanwhile, let's get stuck into the planting and we can then eat ,drink and be merry.

karatopa
Catfish
Catfish
1,550 Posts

[Post New]by karatopa on Jun 5, 17 7:54 AM
Oh flipping heck first I post twice then I forget to post at all
Yes to everything I think an orchard is a brilliant idea I'm already imagining fruit crumble yum great idea roses
Always room for strawberries Abbie

I brought the deserts for after the chilli Abbie
There is a pavlova a walnut and ricotta cake and a chocolate cake I've popped them in the cool cabinet in my kitchen (don't worry I have cleaned that kitchen from top to bottom)
Wait a minute an orchard we need a wild flower meadow yes with bluebells ans wild orchids and daisies and wild iris and- - - - I'm off to source them now
Kara

[Post New]by roses_r_red on Jun 5, 17 8:14 AM
Oh my! Kara's manor will have the most fabulous grounds. It will put the rest of us to shame. Looks like we will be spending the entire summer planting all our manors! Sounds like a plan!

Just keep the food and drinks coming...can I have a piece of cake before lunch?

I started the orchard with several varieties of apple trees...some to eat, some for baking. How about some avocado trees? Bolt went in search of some orange and lemon trees.

karatopa
Catfish
Catfish
1,550 Posts

[Post New]by karatopa on Jun 5, 17 2:07 PM
Hi roses for myself avocado is not a favourite but I'm sure with all the parties there will be others who love them orange and lemon trees great idea and I'll pick up a lime tree while I'm out help your self to the cake it is nearly bed time here but never too late for cake
Goodnight Kara

Abbietweets
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,025 Posts

[Post New]by Abbietweets on Jun 6, 17 12:50 AM
I'm with you Kara, not a lover of avocado, but I think we are the exceptions. Strawberries are planted, how about a cherry tree? Lovely crumbles, good for jam, preserve in brandy or rum. Instant puddings.

I think something got started -- looks like we'll be doing everyone's gardens this summer. At least - those that join in will get their gardens done.

Hot food is now available, lots of desserts, just waiting on some spuds

Buddytrex
Clownfish
Clownfish
732 Posts

[Post New]by Buddytrex on Jun 6, 17 2:10 AM
I though a banana tree would be nice. Thunder and Lightning have planted it along with a champagne fountain fountain. I think it goes well with the rum, martini, beer, and wine fountains that can be found on Kara's grounds. A walnut tree might also be good. That way we have the ingredients for banana nut muffins.

karatopa
Catfish
Catfish
1,550 Posts

[Post New]by karatopa on Jun 6, 17 2:36 AM
Good morning all you are doing a magnificent job I brought the lime tree cherry and banana trees this will be the best orchard ever
I found somebody to supply the turf with wild flower seeds sewn in it will be delivered in a couple of days all we have to do is prepare the land
Anybody need I made some it's in kitchen help yourselves I put some ginger biscuits with it
See you later kara

[Post New]by roses_r_red on Jun 6, 17 6:01 AM
OK, so we will skip the avocado tree in your garden. A cherry tree and a lime tree sounds great. How about a peach and a plum? I will send Bertha out to see if she can find any.

I put in some pineapple plants. Now I need some refreshment.

karatopa
Catfish
Catfish
1,550 Posts

[Post New]by karatopa on Jun 6, 17 7:34 AM
hi all peach and plum yum this is better than i dreamed roses i just stopped by for a piece of cake and hum i think ill take advantage of buddys champagne fountain
now back to clearing the ground in the orchards for the wild flower turf
now where did that wheel barrow get to

Abbietweets
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,025 Posts

[Post New]by Abbietweets on Jun 6, 17 9:22 AM
Wow, we now have a full orchard, and will soon have a lovely lawn to go along with the flowers. You will soon be turning into the Lady of the Manor, ( for our neighbours across the pond---- the Lady of the Manor was a landowner with a grand estate). Everyone is working really hard including the dragons , so it won't be long before it's finished.

Buddy has a wonderful veggie garden, Kara has the fruit orchard, I think when it's my turn ( if I'm lucky) I'll go for the small holding. Some chickens, a few ducks and a couple of geese as guard dogs. Geese make wonderful guard dogs.

Just think we'd then have nearly everything to cater for forthcoming parties.

The only thing missing are the potatoes, and I can't find the tater lady anywhere.
Does anyone know where she is?

Abbietweets
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,025 Posts

[Post New]by Abbietweets on Jun 6, 17 11:44 PM
Hey everyone, just found the tater lady on her way to work, she said she'd call in later. Let's keep the barbecue going and we can have jacket spuds with our chicken, sausages and of course the cauldron of chilli. Don't forget to put a glass to one side so that she can help herself to the drinks fountains.

That lawn should be arriving soon, so all hands needed to lay it, and then the dragons can carefully walk over it to bed it in.

A few games then for the dragons I think because they've been so well behaved. Shucks- shouldn't have said that, things are bound to go wrong now.

Wonder where Theo is, the rum fountain has hardly been touched.

karatopa
Catfish
Catfish
1,550 Posts

[Post New]by karatopa on Jun 7, 17 1:52 AM
Morning all
I'm so happy it looks beautiful!!!!
I'll finish rolling the piece where the turf will go I can't wait ?

Buddytrex
Clownfish
Clownfish
732 Posts

[Post New]by Buddytrex on Jun 7, 17 2:48 AM
I have just dropped off a cauldron on vegetable soup. Lightning and Thunder can't wait to help with the lawn. They found a croquet set . Hum, dragons and croquet and new lawn sounds dangerous.

Abbietweets
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,025 Posts

[Post New]by Abbietweets on Jun 7, 17 5:23 AM
Just what's needed, a lovely cauldron of vegetable soup. I've made some crusty rolls and they're just out the oven so everyone dig in and help yourselves.

Nice idea the croquet Buddy, but will Kara really like that on a new lawn?

Wonder what time the turf arrives?

Go to: