bfgFlounder
9,486 Posts

Virtual Villagers: The Tree of Life

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 21, 10 12:05 AM
Continue the story of the mysterious island of Isola, and the tribe of lost refugees. The island's chief is worried that life is slowly diminishing on the island and has selected a tribe of explorers to find the source of Isola's troubles. They discover, and inevitably populate, the hidden eastern shore of the island. Uncover fantastic mysteries, unravel the story of Isola, and save the Tree of Life in Virtual Villagers 4!

s_lvance
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

Re:Virtual Villagers: The Tree of Life

[Post New]by s_lvance on Apr 21, 10 12:20 AM
Whooo hoo!!! Downloading as I type this!!!

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 21, 10 1:07 AM
I am pleading the 5th for this game, as well. TMann

[Post New]by shellymark on Apr 21, 10 1:30 AM
there are only 13 puzzle solutions listed on bigfish were are the other three since there are always 16 puzzles in the VV series or did that get cut out

[Post New]by crystal_lite11 on Apr 21, 10 1:31 AM
yeehaa it has finaly arrived Thanks Enjoy Everyone

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,181 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Apr 21, 10 2:21 AM
I don't see an integrated strategy guide in this demo. I thought it would be the same as the DE since BF said their version had no extra gameplay so we waited to get it at 6.99. If the SG isn't integrated do we have to buy it extra? I didn't see it listed either, just the walkthrough on BF. I was hoping I didn't have to leave the game if I needed guidance. Just finished one hour demo and not buying until I decide to get the DE instead.

dogzy
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by dogzy on Apr 21, 10 2:22 AM
shellymark wrote:there are only 13 puzzle solutions listed on bigfish were are the other three since there are always 16 puzzles in the VV series or did that get cut out

i've been playing this for a while (bought it off the main site) & there is 16 puzzles on my version but I remember something about special distributors version (or something like that)

dogzy
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by dogzy on Apr 21, 10 2:31 AM
shellymark wrote:there are only 13 puzzle solutions listed on bigfish were are the other three since there are always 16 puzzles in the VV series or did that get cut out

just had another look at mine & the BF walkthru, the difference seems to be I have a school to get & there are 2 more things to do with the tree but according to the BF WT the one here finishes at the repairing the tree

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,656 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Apr 21, 10 8:47 AM

Just wanted to clarify a few things about the walkthrough for V V 4 on the blog.

There are 16 puzzles to solve in the BFG's version of the game. The walkthrough will be updated with all the puzzle solutions sometime this morning/afternoon.

We are not offering the collector's edition with the built-in strategy guide so that we could offer the game at $6.99. As far as I know the gameplay is the same minus the integrated strategy guide.If I find out something to the contrary I will update this post.

I hope this clears up some of the confusion.

Thanks,

Margie B

Edited on 04/21/2010 at 8:49:18 AM PST

Blue_River
Minnow
Minnow
282 Posts

[Post New]by Blue_River on Apr 21, 10 8:48 AM
I'm so glad to have VV4.I saw it released on other sites over a month ago. Thanks for providing this game for us Big Fish! I've been looking forward to it and I'm glad I bought it. Some improvements to I noticed. It doesn't take as long to build things anymore. A completely different set of collectibles, The graphics are fantastic just like the others but I like that you can actually see facial features better on your people. I love the idea you came up with for a school for the children. There are a lot of trophies to get to, a lot more than in the other games. It's like the trophies provided for you in Virtual Families, I like it much better that way. So when you do complete the final puzzle ( the Tree of Life ) you can keep playing so you can get all of the trophies. All I can say is Keep Virtual Villagers coming. I love them. Thanks again Big Fish and The game creators.

Cptduzer
Flounder
Flounder
2,472 Posts

[Post New]by Cptduzer on Apr 21, 10 11:12 AM
MargieB wrote:

Just wanted to clarify a few things about the walkthrough for V V 4 on the blog.

There are 16 puzzles to solve in the BFG's version of the game. The walkthrough will be updated with all the puzzle solutions sometime this morning/afternoon.

We are not offering the collector's edition with the built-in strategy guide so that we could offer the game at $6.99. As far as I know the gameplay is the same minus the integrated strategy guide.If I find out something to the contrary I will update this post.

I hope this clears up some of the confusion.

Thanks,

Margie B

HI Margie!

So this is NOT the same game at a lower price as offered by another site that shall not be named? This doesn't have the guide, the extra game, the wallpapers? I am not talking about the one on the developers site, but the one on the other game site.

I thought it was supposed to be the same? I wish they had explained that they would were just not going offer the Premium edition - but the regular edition, These have the same kind of differences between the CE's games offered here, and a the regular editions.

My misunderstanding I guess, as the blog made it sound like it was going to be the same thing. I am bummed.

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,656 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Apr 21, 10 11:43 AM
Hey Cptduzer

I have not played the other versions of the game. I will send you a PM so you can give me more information.

Thanks,

Margie B

LoriW
Clownfish
Clownfish
765 Posts

[Post New]by LoriW on Apr 21, 10 12:37 PM
It does seem that there is no extra gameplay if you buy the developers edition or premium edition (as it's known on another well known games site). The developers are advertising the strategy, soundtrack and wallpapers on their site. The other well known games site is advertising that and that you get the Virtual Families game for free.

The extra game may be instead of extra gameplay.

picman050967
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,226 Posts

[Post New]by picman050967 on Apr 21, 10 2:05 PM
The main reason we did not offer the Developers Edition of this game for $20 is that for the $20 price point, BFG requires significant additional game play. This one did not have it, so we opted to wait for the $6.99. It is a great game though, especially at $6.99 and better than the prequels IMO!

Picman

annatar
Herring
Herring
396 Posts

[Post New]by annatar on Apr 21, 10 2:32 PM
Thanks for your decision, Picman! I agree wholeheartedly!
All the previous VV games were sold at Big Fish's regular price, and so should this one, since it contains nothing more and nothing less than it's brothers

For a CE price, which is trice the regular price, a game should contain trice as much to warrant such a price. I'm glad Big Fish made the right decision here. Thanks!

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,181 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Apr 21, 10 3:19 PM
My misunderstanding, maybe the ambiguity of the posts. I wasn't interested in wallpapers, soundtrack and frills on the DE but since SG wasn't mentioned I made the assumption it would be integrated. I just bought my first CE this month, Lord of Mirrors and got spoiled, the $20 price was worth the convenience of the integrated one one click away. I've played all 3 previous VVs many times and altho I change my own strategy each time (priorities) it's nice to know which villager to work with to achieve Masters for the upcoming puzzle, stuff like that takes some guidance. The dev has it also separate for $9.99, just hoped BF would offer it if not integrated since I like all my games to be on game mgr. I bought the SGs for Dire Grove and RTR separate. Walkthroughs are good and free but it's just the leaving the game that hangs me up looking for help.

I'm sure I will love the game itself however I decide how to buy. It was just confusing how it was worded, no extra gameplay etc so kinda sorry now I waited over a month to get started. Hate for this to turn into another morph or no morph war. I should have asked questions sooner.

Cptduzer
Flounder
Flounder
2,472 Posts

[Post New]by Cptduzer on Apr 21, 10 3:19 PM
Thanks for the explanation. My misunderstanding, lol.

[Post New]by shellymark on Apr 22, 10 1:17 AM
thanks for the reply i saw that the walkthrough only went up to puzzle13 and was just wondering out loud sorry for any misunderstanding

Edited on 04/22/2010 at 1:18:56 AM PST

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,410 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Apr 22, 10 2:26 PM
puzzledone wrote:My misunderstanding, maybe the ambiguity of the posts. I wasn't interested in wallpapers, soundtrack and frills on the DE but since SG wasn't mentioned I made the assumption it would be integrated. I just bought my first CE this month, Lord of Mirrors and got spoiled, the $20 price was worth the convenience of the integrated one one click away. I've played all 3 previous VVs many times and altho I change my own strategy each time (priorities) it's nice to know which villager to work with to achieve Masters for the upcoming puzzle, stuff like that takes some guidance. The dev has it also separate for $9.99, just hoped BF would offer it if not integrated since I like all my games to be on game mgr. I bought the SGs for Dire Grove and RTR separate. Walkthroughs are good and free but it's just the leaving the game that hangs me up looking for help. I'm sure I will love the game itself however I decide how to buy. It was just confusing how it was worded, no extra gameplay etc so kinda sorry now I waited over a month to get started. Hate for this to turn into another morph or no morph war. I should have asked questions sooner.

puzzledone,
So that you do not have to leave your game each time to go to the walkthrough each time, press the “alt” key and the “tab” at the same time. Your game will minimize. Works great
. I am sorry I do not remember who I learned this from to give credit to but whoever it was, I thank you.

Edited on 04/22/2010 at 2:30:31 PM PST

BarbaraFish
Herring
Herring
368 Posts

[Post New]by BarbaraFish on Apr 22, 10 10:20 PM
i read the strategy guide on another site and it is not worth the $20 being charged on other sites. The other thing you get for the $20 is Virtual Family (which I already have anyway.) Virtual Family is a loser game so i'm not surprised they are giving it away now.

Just go read the guide on another site if you want and thank BF for saving us the money.

Go to: