bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Big City Adventure - San Francisco forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 18, 08 5:53 PM
Welcome to Big City Adventure - San Francisco forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Big City Adventure - San Francisco players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Big City Adventure - San Francisco forum

[Post New]by Airwick on Mar 4, 09 4:48 PM
One of the BEST HIDDEN OBJECT GAMES I've played here. Thank you Big fish. I would like to see many more Big City Adventure games..Just wonderful playing.

[Post New]by Oldcow on Apr 7, 09 5:40 PM
Obviously I didn't understand correctly, but I thought I got to play as ALL the people on the BIG CITY ADVENTURE-SAN FRANCISCO. I was kinda looking forward to playing as Mum, Dad, Grandpa and maybe even the kids eventually. I guess one has to sign up and buy the games 6 times to do this? Other than that dissappointment, it's a great game and I eventually solved the puzzle at 54 after many tries, that's a hard one!

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Apr 7, 09 11:30 PM
Hi Oldcow and welcome to the forums!

If you buy the game, you CAN play as all the different characters, although the game doesn't change. It's been a while since I last played it, but you can change the character and the names. It should let you do this right when you sign on "HI Oldcow. If this is not you click here."

If you liked this one, try Big City Adventures: Sydney.

Hope you enjoy your games.

If by 54 you mean the game that you have to clear the board by matching 2 or 3 or more of the same object, you're right. That's a hard one!

[Post New]by Oldcow on Apr 9, 09 10:32 PM
Thank you Lilyr, for your reply to my very first message. I will start a new game and see if it lets me play as one of the other characters. I hope it does as I really enjoyed playing and I will certainly check out Big City Adventures - Sydney. Once again thankyou.

tayers81
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,692 Posts

[Post New]by tayers81 on Jul 25, 09 10:16 PM
I know this is a few months late, but I figure better late than never....Welcome to the Pond Oldcow and Airwick!!!

I know this is an older game, but I just finished this one and I liked it. It wasn't as difficult as some of the other HOGS I've played, but I still enjoyed it. It was a nice break from some of the games where all the objects are very tiny and give you a headache trying to find them.

Plus, I give to the game for spicing things up with all those facts...there was some stuff in there that I never knew, so I was very happy with that!

I'll definitely be buying the Australia one..I hope they only get better!

Beckylou
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Beckylou on Aug 4, 09 11:22 AM
This is my first game (bought from Bigfish..played 1 hour ones before) and first time on the forum (I think) I love this game except for getting stuck on level 54. It's not fun because it is the same thing over and over and I don't know how to solve it. Don't know any strategy for the 2 or more alike thing.

I am ready to give up!!

[Post New]by annoysmom on Mar 19, 10 1:09 PM
This is the third Big City Adventure game I have bought. They are all quite similar. They do have lots of chapters so it is a pretty long game but it is easy and relaxing. I also bought the Vancouver one. I am from Vancouver so it was really fun to visit all the spots I am familiar with. If you like a HOG game that is not too challenging but still lots of fun, I'd choose any of the Big city adventure games.

[Post New]by kneeslapr on Jul 17, 10 7:52 PM
BTW, does anyone have a strategy for the level 54 tile portion? I'm STUCK!!! THX.

[Post New]by faxman on Dec 13, 10 9:59 AM
This is an excellent seek and find starter games. Easy on the eyes too.

[Post New]by silverfox05 on Feb 21, 11 1:02 PM
kneeslapr wrote:BTW, does anyone have a strategy for the level 54 tile portion? I'm STUCK!!! THX.

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Feb 21, 11 1:45 PM
Ah old level 54! If my hair hadn't been gray before I started it would have by the end!

I would always (and I've played the game many times when I want something easy that I can play a level or two) start and try to clear the upper corners. Other people have started at the bottom.

With this particular board it's just a matter of persistence. Since the items fall in a random manner there's no do A then B type answer.

I enjoy these games as much for what you learn about the cities the family visits as for the game-play itself.

Good luck!

lilyr

mdblocher
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by mdblocher on May 5, 12 7:18 PM
I keep thinking there should be a strategy for dealing with the two or more matching item boards, but if there is it has eluded me. I finally got thru level 54 and am stuck at 58. I've lost track of hoe many times I've started it over. There really should be a "Skip this puzzle" option for when frustration gets too high.

Edited on 05/05/2012 at 7:19:08 PM PST

[Post New]by annmariepeppi121 on Nov 20, 12 12:12 PM
i can not get the puzzle solved to go to the next place in San franciso i have been trying for serval days. please helpme . when i ist purchased this game had not trouble going from cit to to play this game now the puzzle stop me from doing that

[Post New]by margib on Jul 12, 13 9:30 AM
There should be a "skip" button for the very boring interim games. In particular, the match two or more game on Level 54. Have played it several times and am bored to tears and want to move on. Skip! How hard can that be?

[Post New]by Kleigh414 on Aug 28, 13 10:08 AM
I agree that there should be a skip button for the games in between the hidden object sections of this game. I'm stuck on the tile puzzle and no matter what I do the game won't finish. I see from other posters that it is a problem with this particular game. I only have three more hidden object sections to go to complete the whole game, but can't now, thanks to the silly tile game that is stuck. I've never had this problem with the numerous other hidden object games that I've purchased here.

[Post New]by Dontwannabother on Sep 27, 13 11:29 PM
Any word on a fix for ios7? I cannot play either of my big city adventure games on my iPad

[Post New]by JEM1285 on Oct 6, 13 8:19 AM
Another iOS7 user here and neither Big City game can be played. Opening screens show in landscape, but then game screen is in portrait and will not rotate. Cannot scroll completely to right side to see the continue buttons. I've checked the control room and rotation is unlocked (obviously as first couple of screens rotate). Hope a fix is coming soon.

[Post New]by thesweetladymax on Oct 17, 13 8:02 PM
To Whom it May Concern,
I purchased the above game. Every time I play it the game is stuck on the match 3 in round 41.
I have tried to get through this at least 40+ times and I cannot. I have tried to replay the game twice and became stuck at the same place each time.
All the other challenges I have breezed through. What can you do to help me?
Thank you,
Max.

[Post New]by rvigus on Jun 8, 14 9:26 PM
Tell me about level 54 and two or more of kind tiles!!! OMG. I've got carpel tunnel syndrome trying to get beyond it! I'm going to keep plugging away and when I get it the entire neighborhood will know. There should be a skip on the really really difficult ones. Think about it...if people are stuck for a long period of time, they aren't going to finish the game and they won't purchase the next one.

Go to: