bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Mystery P.I.: The London Caper technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 21, 10 1:22 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

jerseyd1
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery P.I.: The London Caper technical issues here only

[Post New]by jerseyd1 on Apr 21, 10 7:34 AM
Game was downloaded , picture is way off center - top half on bottom, bottom half on top. The download only took 15 seconds, so I think the problem is there.

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Apr 21, 10 9:22 AM
Hi jerseyd1,

It sounds like you may be experiencing a display issue. No worries, these issues can usually be fixed with some updates to your video card drivers and/or Direct X. The good thing is, almost all of these updates are free! If you click the link above that says "Frequent Crashing of Game" it will give you more information.

You can also contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page. Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope this helps!
bfgTigris

[Post New]by sherrylmarshall on Apr 21, 10 12:27 PM
screwdriver will not screw the screw in .

sherrylmarshall

[Post New]by dalenelj on Apr 21, 10 4:04 PM
I've been waiting months for this game but now that I have bought it, it won't open. It ties up the processor for a couple of minutes and then turns itself off again. I've uninstalled it and re-installed it but that didn't work either. Any ideas?

suzyc
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by suzyc on Apr 22, 10 3:39 PM
sherrylmarshall wrote:screwdriver will not screw the screw in .

sherrylmarshall

Hi
If you haven't figured it out yet, I found that if you put the base of the electric drill over the screw, it works. Hope it helps.

no mouse cursor

[Post New]by tweetygamer41 on Apr 25, 10 10:45 PM
I have downloaded, uninstalled and re-downloaded Mystery P.I.: The London Caper several times and continue to have a problem with the mouse cursor not appearing on the screen. The cursor shows during start up and disappears as soon as I enter game play. To close the game, I've had to do a ctl-alt-del every time. I even changed to another mouse but still no cursor. Any suggestions please? I actually downloaded this game both from BFG and another site to test the problem and had the same difficulty from both sites so am wondering if there may be a glitch in the game?

cmr1950
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by cmr1950 on May 3, 10 3:45 AM
the code at the end of the game won't work.I put in the numbers,but after you put in the first one it cancels out the rest..
just won't work..

am100other
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by am100other on May 9, 10 11:51 AM
i use a touch monitor, however it dosent seem to calibrate with this game....

works perfect with other games

iluvgmes
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by iluvgmes on Jun 9, 10 11:12 PM
I am in the final stage of the game and have 3 pieces left to place - a large metal 6-pronged wheel, a button that looks as tho it belongs on a safe, and a button with the number 9 on it. Anyone know how to finish this puzzle?

[Post New]by CatKelley on Nov 27, 11 9:51 AM
I cannot seem to "light the lantern" at the Traitor Gate. The rest of the game seems to be working just fine so far.

[Post New]by weinersand on Apr 4, 12 8:23 AM
I have tried this game and several of the other Mystery P.I. games and I get lines going through the entire game. This started with Windows 7. Have an updated video card driver and everything. The games worked on Windows 6 but not 7. Does anyone else have this problem?

[Post New]by cougarsmate on Aug 25, 12 2:26 PM
iluvgmes wrote:I am in the final stage of the game and have 3 pieces left to place - a large metal 6-pronged wheel, a button that looks as tho it belongs on a safe, and a button with the number 9 on it. Anyone know how to finish this puzzle?

I am also having this problem. cougarsmate

Go to: