bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Virtual Villagers: The Tree of Life technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 21, 10 1:24 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

geezing
Catfish
Catfish
1,722 Posts

Re:Post any Virtual Villagers: The Tree of Life technical issues here only

[Post New]by geezing on Apr 21, 10 4:18 PM

alinarouge wrote
Sorry my English.

I'm trying to solve Puzzle Nr. 10 - Mossy Rocks.
As soon as I see a red crab I click on my space bar - as suggested.
I can drop 2 children on the crab and also drag an adult on the crab BUT.... on that moment.... the game blocks and appear a small window on which is Written:
"Error access........."
The game closes itlsef and I can't play anymore!!!!!

Somenthing's wrong.
Very bad.

Any help?

Thanks a lot.

Ciao Alina

This has also happened TWICE to my game.
I recently updated my graphics driver while playing Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer. I do not think it is the driver.

I also would like help, please.

[Post New]by LeftPinky on Apr 22, 10 5:50 AM
Puzzle 2 - has now been solved 3 times. About every other time I open the program, the debris is back, keystone is moved to original location - but everything else has progressed - unfortunately, it makes the solving of later puzzles impossible AND frustrating.

gailsgame
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by gailsgame on Apr 23, 10 7:26 AM
geezing wrote:

alinarouge wrote
Sorry my English.

I'm trying to solve Puzzle Nr. 10 - Mossy Rocks.
As soon as I see a red crab I click on my space bar - as suggested.
I can drop 2 children on the crab and also drag an adult on the crab BUT.... on that moment.... the game blocks and appear a small window on which is Written:
"Error access........."
The game closes itlsef and I can't play anymore!!!!!

Somenthing's wrong.
Very bad.

Any help?

Thanks a lot.

Ciao Alina

This has also happened TWICE to my game.
I recently updated my graphics driver while playing Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer. I do not think it is the driver.

I also would like help, please.

Read over at the other forum it is a common error, and there's no fix yet. So you'll have to not pause the game with the crabs.

ruibie347
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by ruibie347 on Apr 23, 10 9:18 AM
I am also having some issues with the debris in the stream...I had it cleared completely yet shortly after I look and the debris is filling up again. Is this part of the game or is it a problem ..I have to keep one villager constantly keeping it clear which means that I am always a villager short for doing something else. Can we please find out if this is intentional or something that they will fix eventually

robbsmom
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,285 Posts

[Post New]by robbsmom on Apr 23, 10 1:03 PM
I too have the same thing, debrisin the stream always has to be clear, even after all debris is clear away?

[Post New]by ambrozia on Apr 23, 10 6:12 PM
I too wonder if having to continually keep the debris clear a bug or intentional...though I suspect it is intentional, especially since I have caught different villiagers leave their current job to keep it clear. For now I have just been having some of my slower villagers continually work on the debris.

Here is my issue: I have finished making soap and the grand feast as well, but when I attempt to make any other stew, such as the one for healing, my villagers refuse to drink it. They say the stew needs something more nutritional or isn't finished just as with the grand feast.

Is this my game being weird or am I doing something wrong?

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Apr 23, 10 6:58 PM
The debris thing is intentional and not a bug. It will keep building up constantly, so you will need to keep people working on it to keep it clear. You don't have to keep it absolutely clear, though, just clear enough to keep it flowing around the tree, in case you need the pond or something. I was annoyed at this at first, but you'll be thankful for it later because you'll always have a means of training your villagers in building, even after all the quests are completed and every hut has been built.

Re the stews: when you're making stews, are you adding food from the food bin? Freshwater stews will usually say they're not yet finished or need something more nutritional until you add food. Just drag a villager on the food bin after you've added the herbs to the stew.

Edited on 04/23/2010 at 7:00:06 PM PST

[Post New]by ambrozia on Apr 23, 10 9:05 PM
Thank you for the info.!
I was actually coming on here to say I figured out my own problem, lol, but I do appreciate the answer! (I needed to add food from the bin)

I agree with you on the reasoning for the need to keep the stream clean; you always keep a villager trained in building,

Thanks again!

[Post New]by goldbarb45 on Apr 25, 10 11:07 PM
i had the game running for 2 days and had to reinstall several times and cannot get it to run anymore. Its not a problem with the computer cause all the other virtual villagers run. Plus all my other games run. Any solutions, please help. I really like the villager games and got pretty far before it crashed and burned.

Hailstar07
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Hailstar07 on Apr 27, 10 5:57 PM
It's actually working perfectly for me, except when I try to quit. Then it freezes, and I have to ctrl+alt+del to close it. Worrying, as I don't want to lose saved data. I've tried leaving it for ages in case it was just taking it's time closing, but it doesn't help.

rebsie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by rebsie on Apr 30, 10 7:30 AM
I left the room to go get the kids ready to go, five minutes max, and when i got back the woman who just had a baby *and it just said 246 minutes of nursing left* was no longer holding the baby, the food was all gone, the stream was up to 100 again, and 2 villagers were dead. Huh??!? All of that time lost. Thanks VV. I did not put it on fast or whatever. FIX BUGS BEFORE YOU SEND IT OUT. sheesh. Now I get to start over. yay.

oh_mags
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by oh_mags on Apr 30, 10 11:00 AM
I haven't had any major bugs... so far. I played the demo, when I went to purchase the game and came back into the game, all my collections were gone and my progress on the stream had gone back up, not all the way, but about 20% from where it had been.

Also, whenever I find a certain wind chime thing, I have my little girl pick it up and she brings it to the scientist, not the to the wind chimes, then the wind chime vanishes, it doesn't show up anywhere. I thought it was a one time error, but I have found that wind chime 3 times now, and it always comes up as a science lab piece and then vanishes.

EDIT: Scratch that, it seems to happen with more than one type of wind flute head, not just one of them. I could have finished that collection by now...

EDIT 2: It also happens with fish scales. Great... so I won't be able to finish any of those collections, cause half of them come up as science items. :'(

Edited on 04/30/2010 at 12:22:13 PM PST

ayla100
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by ayla100 on Apr 30, 10 8:12 PM
I'm Depressed! I can not seem to get any Scholars. I can start a female at 18 having children and she is still having them at 70! That alone is amazing, but she has still not become a Master. The same male can father 30 children and work at the nursery - still not a master. The scale only goes so far and no further. Am I doing something wrong? HELP HELP Thanks

rebsie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by rebsie on May 2, 10 4:19 AM
oh mags,

the only reason they are taking it to the scientists is because you already have that kind of scale/flute head. You get tech points for those! So keep picking them up

oh_mags
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by oh_mags on May 3, 10 10:05 AM
rebsie wrote:oh mags,

the only reason they are taking it to the scientists is because you already have that kind of scale/flute head. You get tech points for those! So keep picking them up

LOL! Yeah, I just figured that out! Thanks!

Mebery
Minnow
Minnow
298 Posts

[Post New]by Mebery on May 4, 10 4:47 PM
i have a glitch not major and doesn't affect the game play but at 96% the river has this little stream running around the tree.

[Post New]by donkindoe1 on May 5, 10 12:59 PM
ruibie347 wrote:I am also having some issues with the debris in the stream...I had it cleared completely yet shortly after I look and the debris is filling up again. Is this part of the game or is it a problem ..I have to keep one villager constantly keeping it clear which means that I am always a villager short for doing something else. Can we please find out if this is intentional or something that they will fix eventually

[Post New]by donkindoe1 on May 5, 10 1:04 PM
I am having a problem solving game 2 with the stream.It does not release all the water to fill the holes.I have been trying all day and cant get the creek clear.

Debbie

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on May 5, 10 5:05 PM
There are two steps to cleaning the stream - first you need to clear the debris so it starts flowing around the tree. Then you need to go to the beach where the water used to fall down. There is a boomerang-shaped stone there. Get a villager who is adept at both research and building and drop them on the stone. They will take it to the hole above the lab where the water is disappearing and block the hole with it.

Go to: