Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Summer in Italy here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jun 7, 17 12:34 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 06/07/2017 at 6:28:40 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Summer in Italy here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 7, 17 6:28 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Summer in Italy here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Summer in Italy.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Please post your REVIEWS for Summer in Italy here.

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Jun 11, 17 4:56 PM
I think the only times I've heard a more annoying voice from an actor has been when they were meant to be annoying! Fortunately, there wasn't intolerably much in my trial hour.

The HOG minigame can be skipped. Hooray!

I don't like mass match levels, but most of them are the match 3s I prefer.

All in all, pleasant enough, and if I were mad for Italy I might buy it. But I'm not, so I won't.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Jun 12, 17 8:03 AM
This is a nice relaxing Match 3, with other types of puzzles thrown in.
Can be played without a timer.

Edited on 06/27/2017 at 3:57:21 PM PST

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Jun 16, 17 10:14 PM
Just a few random thoughts; I'm nearly finished the game:

The introductory music for the main menu page is nice - like a lovely ocean breeze.

Unfortunately, the music accompanying the games themselves gets really annoying, really fast.

It's moderately educational; now I know a little more about what some spices look like in their natural form. This is useful, since I'm allergic to some of them.

Some puzzles are apt to induce ice cream or pizza cravings.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jul 15, 17 9:47 AM
I love a good Match 3 game, like Cradle of Rome, Cradle of Egypt, Laruaville, Jewel Quest or Silver Tales to name a few. Summer in Italy however, bored me to tears, it has nothing new to offer, and the tiles aren't appealing either. This is a Match 3 game that requires you to swap tiles, vertically or horizontally, to make matches of at least 3 identical tiles. You can choose from 3 modes of difficulty, Bronze or Easy that has a hint and skip recharge time of 30 seconds and has no timer. Silver or Medium has a skip an recharge time of 60 seconds and gives you 500 seconds per level. Gold or Hard mode has a hint recharge time of 120 seconds, has no skip feature available and only gives you 300 seconds to finish each level.
The goal of each level is to clear all gold cells by making matches on top of them. Large Matches will earn you a Bomb on the board that can be used in a match to create an explosion that destroys neighboring tiles. Keys can be collected with a single click, and once filled, the key can unlock chests which will unlocks a hidden section of the board. Power-ups can be used once you have clicked on enough icons to charge them, starting with the Caduceus, which destroys a 3 tile radius.
As you progress, the usual obstacles are introduced, such as tiles blocked with single or double ropes, that require one or two matches of whichever tile is blocked, The tiles themselves are unappealing to me personally, cups of coffee, sunglasses, lime drinks, roses and dandelions.There are also Mini Games included and Hidden Object Scenes, but I just couldn't get into this cookie cutter Match 3 game, especially when there are so many fantastic Match 3 games available.

Go to: