aztop
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

I'm Lost

[Post New]by aztop on Jun 7, 17 7:01 AM
New to this sort of game. Is there some sort of game help or documentation that indicates all the various traps and how to use them. Specifically I'm on level 9 and a new trap, flame thrower has been added, but it doesn't appear in the list when I try to add it to anywhere other than where it first appears as the level begins. When the second wave begins I do not have the ability to add that trap to another path.

I'm totally confused on how to use various elements and cannot find help.

Thank you.

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

Re:I'm Lost

[Post New]by Janette5 on Jun 9, 17 4:08 AM
At the start of the level you are given limited funds and you have to decide which trap to set that will most likely destroy the enemies.

The traps and the enemies are colour-coded. The diagram at the bottom of the screen shows you. The colour opposite to the colour that the monster is will do the most damage. The colour pointing at the colour the monster is will also damage that monster. (Its own colour will do very little damage to it.)

Pink (shadow) monster – attack with a green (earth) or red (fire) trap
Green (earth) Monster – attack with blue (ice) or pink (shadow) trap
Blue (ice) Monster – attack with a red (fire) or a pink (shadow)
Red (fire) Monster – attack with a green (earth) or a blue (ice) trap

You can only place traps on the places provided – sometimes you have to “unlock” them first using crystals. Having all the available colours will normally help you defeat all the available monsters.

As the enemies are destroyed they drop money that allows you to buy more traps during the game.

However, you can pause the game – buy and place the traps – and then continue the game.

If you don’t have enough money you can sell an already placed trap and buy a new one – click on the trap and click on the money bag - also do this if you need a different type of trap on that spot.

You can click on the count-down timer to start the enemies immediately – this also gives you extra money. And a tip here is to click on it, wait for the enemies to appear so that you can see what colour they are going to be, and then pause the game and place your traps.

Traps can also be upgraded to do greater damage. Click on the trap to select an upgrade.

At the end of each level you go the shop where you can upgrade items.

Traps (they do more damage or cost less)
Common (more life and money)
Spells or magic (harm a group of enemies at once.)

The spells or magic will appear as your game progresses. You have to wait for spells to recharge or you can immediately activate them again using your crystals (I don’t recommend this, as you’d be better off buying upgrades with your crystals.)

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

[Post New]by Janette5 on Jun 9, 17 4:10 AM
In general, 8 floor tower-defense games work like this:

You will need to play the game through on easy and buy upgrades as you go along. Your strategy will be just to pass the level. Once you have enough upgrades you can try the levels again for 3 stars. Once you’ve completed “easy” on 3 stars you’ll probably have enough upgrades to play “normal” and try for 3 stars etc and then move onto “hard”.

aztop
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by aztop on Jun 12, 17 8:08 AM
Thanks for your help. I sort of get it now. However, they introduced a lot of monsters with different traits. There doesn't seem to be a list of monsters so you can review what they do. You only see the explanation once, Is there a list somewhere?

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

[Post New]by Janette5 on Jun 12, 17 3:59 PM
In general - there are "strong" monsters and you need to have upgraded the traps to their maximum to destroy them - same with "fast" monsters.

There are invisible monsters and there are certain trap upgrades that will expose them. However, the minute you damage a monster it becomes visible so the best strategy is to use a spell on them to inflict at least some damage so they become visible to the traps.

The other monsters you'll get to know as you play the game, but there isn't really a strategy you can use against them, other than upgrading your traps and using your spells / magic.

You'll probably need to play through a level to see what is going to come your way and then plan a strategy and which traps to place and replay the level in order to master it.

LanaPook
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by LanaPook on Jun 30, 17 5:40 PM
Thanks so much Janette5! You answered so many of my questions. Wow!

Go to: