kelbek
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Is Bonus Chapter Good?

[Post New]by kelbek on Jun 7, 17 1:20 PM
Beta tested this game, and really liked it. Waited for it anxiously (only 2nd Beta out of 21 for which that was the case - games really are getting lamer!), now I don't know whether I should bother with the CE or wait for the SV. So little bonus content. So the deciding factor is, how good is the Bonus Chap? No one has yet mentioned playing it. I would love to know: what is the storyline, how long is it, does it measure up to the Main Game in terms of play value? If you think answering this would be giving too much away, even with a Spoiler alert, please PM me. Any answer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Wolfangels
Guppy
Guppy
170 Posts

Re:Is Bonus Chapter Good?

[Post New]by Wolfangels on Jun 7, 17 2:51 PM
I like it one of the brother's plays the game to get his lost love soul back & try to become human ... Not telling you the out come ...

Audreyfavre
Herring
Herring
385 Posts

[Post New]by Audreyfavre on Jun 10, 17 1:03 PM
I hated it! No more collectibles. No more extra touches (swinging the chandeliers, making flowers bloom, etc.). It quickly became a game of find this to open that; over and over again. It was also very short and didn't make much sense. I'm sorry I bought the CE version.
Audrey

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Jun 11, 17 2:44 PM
Wolfangels wrote:I like it one of the brother's plays the game to get his lost love soul back & try to become human ... Not telling you the out come ...

Umm... I think you may have your games mixed up here.

The bonus game is about the 'Which of the dark castle' who has hatched a plot to take over Oz (and your world) with flying monkey's.

Audreyfavre is right in that it is rather short, I think I finished it in about 15 mins but I can't quite remember. There are no coins left to collect and little in the way of plot as it is very short, so it really is just going through a few scenes back and forth picking up a few objects and doing the odd HOP or mini game.
There is little explanation for what has happened between the time that you were last in Oz e.g. what happened to the 4 wizards you brought back and why can't they solve this problem.

If you really care about collectors editions, or getting coins so that you can get toys and hats for Toto, then by all means by the CE; otherwise it's probably better to get the SV.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Jun 20, 17 12:54 AM
I totally agree with sazoria. The whole thing took me about 15-20 minutes. And it was repeat HOS all over the place to drag out the time. IMHO save your $$$$$ and wait for the SE (wish I had).

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Jun 23, 17 9:20 AM
I just finished the Bonus Chapter. I had read that others said it was short, but was definitely surprised by how very short it was! Not worth paying extra for, in my opinion.

As others have mentioned, the collectibles are finished in the main game, so there is nothing extra to find in the Bonus Chapter.

I did like the main game and recommend it. I just wish I'd waited to get the Standard Edition.

[Post New]by CherylParker on Jul 11, 17 6:29 PM
I liked the bonus chapter, If only because it included the flying monkeys and the fact that you van basically melt the witch. However it was too short. And also lacks the collectibles.

Go to: