xstitcher1
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

Hope spmeone can help

[Post New]by xstitcher1 on Jun 7, 17 2:37 PM
Does anyone know the order these games came out? When I have a series of games, I like to play them in order, as sometimes references are made to previous games and if you haven't played them you won't know what they are talking about. I've tried reaching out to the developers, but with the exception of Eipix, I haven't heard from any them. Contacted BF and they suggested I pose my question here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

Re:Hope spmeone can help

[Post New]by sazoria on Jun 7, 17 8:58 PM
1-Whispered Secrets: The Storey of Tideville
2-Whispered Secrets: Into The Beyond
3-Whispered Secrets: Into The Wind
4-Whispered Secrets: Golden Silence
5-Whispered Secrets: Everburning Candle
6-Whispered Secrets: Song Of Sorrow

The first two games are directly related to each other.
In my humble opinion I really like this game series. All the games are good and get better as the series goes along and more modern game making technology is available, but none of them are particularly old. I have a lot of BF games and this series was definitely worth purchasing.

This series is developed by GrandMa Studios, who also make the Reflections of life series, if you haven't already checked it out and would like to.

Happy Gaming

xstitcher1
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by xstitcher1 on Jun 7, 17 10:36 PM
Thanks so much for your help with this. Do you know if there are any spiders in these games? I can't stand to see them even though I know it is just a picture, I can't stand the sight of them. It comes from something that happened as a child. I really like this series too, and the Reflections of Life series. How do you know the sequence of the games? I was going by the dates of the reviews, but wasn't sure if that was a good way to figure it out or not. Again thanks for responding to my question, I didn't expect such a quick answer.

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Jun 8, 17 5:21 PM
@xstitcher1

Sorry, but I can't remember if there are any spiders in this series so I hope you'll be ok playing, and sorry I couldn't help you further.
I get by with spiders by trying to anthropomorphise them a bit, think of them as little helpers who don't know they are ugly and scary to us, and are just trying to keep the fly population down. I know this won't work for someone with a serious phobia, it's just how I deal with them being around

As for how I know the order of the games, yes, looking at review dates is a good way to do it. You can also skim over a few reviews as some will specifically say 'this is the nth game in this series', however in this series, for some reason some of the reviews for 'golden silence' state that it is the 3rd game even though the same is stated on reviews for 'into the wind'. Obviously one reviewer got mixed up and others copied them. I know for a fact that golden silence was fourth because I bought it when it came out, and the same for the fifth and sixth games.

You can sometimes go directly to a developers website and the games will be listed from newest down to oldest on the site, however GrandMa studios doesn't have a website for some reason, so I guess not in this case.

As always, Happy gaming.

xstitcher1
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by xstitcher1 on Jun 9, 17 10:53 AM
Thanks sooo much for your help, I really appreciate it. Happy gaming to you too.

Mary_Cate
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Mary_Cate on Aug 29, 17 10:34 AM
xstitcher1 wrote:Thanks so much for your help with this. Do you know if there are any spiders in these games? I can't stand to see them even though I know it is just a picture, I can't stand the sight of them. It comes from something that happened as a child. I really like this series too, and the Reflections of Life series. How do you know the sequence of the games? I was going by the dates of the reviews, but wasn't sure if that was a good way to figure it out or not. Again thanks for responding to my question, I didn't expect such a quick answer.

Having just finished the first four in this series and currently playing the fifth, I do want to warn about spider phobia in two of them. The second game Into the Beyond has collectables ( over 100!) That resemble creepy mechanical spiders. In the fifth game Everburning Candle, the entire second chapter is full of spiders, a huge spider creature and being trapped in a cocoon. This might be too late for the original poster but hopefully will help someone down the line. They are all great games but anyone with a serious phobia might wanna skip those two.

Edited on 08/29/2017 at 10:37:09 AM PST

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Nov 10, 17 9:57 AM
I don't like spiders either, I was OK with these though, I hope you enjoy playing them, I'm playing the games for the second time

Go to: