Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for League of Light: Edge of Justice Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jun 8, 17 12:39 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 06/08/2017 at 6:29:58 AM PST

2dogsx2
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for League of Light: Edge of Justice Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by 2dogsx2 on Jun 8, 17 4:30 AM
i adore these games, although this one is rather small its still a buy from me

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for League of Light: Edge of Justice Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 8, 17 6:30 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on League of Light: Edge of Justice Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on League of Light: Edge of Justice Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Jun 8, 17 7:12 AM
I'm enjoying this part of the series! Its different from others! You have a choice to use the little scarecrow or not, it doesn't effect the game! But I kinda like him! Seemed a little confusing in beginning but after you play a bit you get into the minds of Devs & get the hang of it & know were its going! Pretty much liked any other game! I didn't even try the trial just purchased it! Cause I love this series have them all! Its worth the trial! Who knows it might be what your looking for! Doesn't seem too short. If I remember correctly 6 chapters + bonus!

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jun 8, 17 8:56 AM
Not a bad game. No real challenge but HOS were very well done and varied, puzzles were fairly easy but fun to complete and thank goodness for a developer who gives you the choice to use a helper or leave it behind, I opted for the latter and didn't miss the little scarecrow at all.

Lovely graphics with pastel shades that suit the surroundings. Story is loosely based on the Pied Piper of Hamelin but I didn't see a single rat in the demo, so they must have already been banished when this story starts. There didn't appear to be a 'gadget' you have to keep using, so that was a bonus. The map transports and indicates a missed collectible owl. 4 modes of play include custom and you can choose either a male or female character voice (or no voice at all if you prefer).

I liked the demo enough to probably buy this CE, as I'm looking for something new to play. Being given the choice to discard the helper makes it all the more appealing to me and the story was quite interesting. I might wait for the weekend sale but this game is on my 'to buy' list.

No technical issues with the demo, which lasted the full 90 minutes. Desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit.

nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Jun 10, 17 1:01 AM
This series, like many others, is dropping in quality. I commented to my daughter today (I'd gone over to babysit) that there's a tendency, I believe, once one has "invested" in a series, to feel compelled to keep buying each game in that series, so as to keep one's collection "intact". Even though she plays in an entirely different genre than me, she agreed w/ me (which actually surprised me, but she knew exactly what I was talking about). tl;dr: I rated "Silent Mountain" @ 4 stars. I rated "The Gatherer" @ 3 stars. I rate this game @ 2 stars. And I won't spend my money encouraging devs to produce games that are, consistently, "less than". Just my two cents.

Edited on 06/10/2017 at 1:02:38 AM PST

[Post New]by shondasueann on Jun 10, 17 2:43 AM
Am I the only one that kind of rooted for the bad guy? Like I've never been so conflicted over the people I was there to save.They were scum,and they all had it coming honestly.

bwake47
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by bwake47 on Jun 21, 17 8:17 AM
I agree with you Shondasueann. I'm always routing for the "underdog or those mistreated". I have all the other League of Light games, but haven't yet been able to play them all. I buy too many games and don't have time to play them.

Your review comment has made me want to add this game also. With todays sale I might just purchase without demo. I love games that make you want to cheer on the bad guy. If you haven't yet tried "Chimeras: Tune of Revenge", give it a try. It is one of my favorites. My first 6* out of 5*.

Thanks for posting your honest review. Keep them coming.

PS. By the way, my oldest daughter is named Shonda. Love that name.

Edited on 06/21/2017 at 8:24:24 AM PST

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jul 13, 17 8:16 AM
Once upon a time, the town of Hamelin had a rat infestation, yuck! The town magistrate offered a reward to anyone who could rid the town of their rodents. As luck would have it, a traveling flute player was able to do just that. He played a beautiful melody, and led all of the rats away from Hamelin. Ah, but when the flautist asked for his well deserved reward, the magistrate accused him of trickery, and refused payment! The flautist became angry, and once again, played a beautiful melody on his flute, only this time, all of the children of Hamelin disappeared! The townspeople began to panic, rightfully so, and called upon the League of Light, for help.
I must admit, I was a little disappointed that League of Light chose a story that is almost identical to the story in Fabled Legends. That story also takes place in Hamelin, with the same scenario, Rat infestation, traveler plays flute, rats follow him, traveler is denied payment, so traveler kidnaps all of the children (wouldn't it just be easier to make all of the rats return, perhaps return another town's rats as well?) detective is called upon to solve the case of the missing children, and of course, the flautist has revenge issues. The only difference is, I don't recall the detective from Fabled Legends, having a tiny, glowing eyed, scarecrow, as his assistant, but it has been a few years since I played that game.
You guessed it, Tom has returned, the young boy who was unfortunate enough to be the victim of a curse that turned him into a scarecrow. Since you haven't found a cure for the curse, you may as well put him to work, fetching items you need but can't reach, and going places you wouldn't dare venture, like sending him down the sewer drain! You gotta feel sorry for him, after all, he's really just kid! If you don't care for a sidekick at your disposal, you can choose to ditch Tom and leave him at home, right at the get go, which supposedly doesn't affect the plot of the game. When I played the beta version, I chose to let him hang with me, and I'm sure glad I did, there's no way I would have gone down that dirty sewer!) but when I played this Collector's Edition, I chose not to use Tom, and instead of Tom doing all the work, I simply used inventory items instead, however, poor Tom just hangs his head low to show you just how upset he is that you chose not to take him with you, and I feel terrible for disappointing my little scarecrow buddy!

The Hidden Object Scenes were just okay in my book, neither bad nor epic. There are smaller Zoom Zone HOP's throughout the game, that require you to find a handful of fragments that form together for a necessary inventory item. Some of the Mini Games offered are actually more like HOP's but are classified as puzzles. Most of the Hidden Object Scenes are Interactive, Progressive Silhouetted Shape finds, but my personal favorite was a scene that described objects in the form of a riddle, which was way more entertaining, in my opinion.

The Mini Games are fairly easy puzzles to solve, nothing new, but I found them to be fairly entertaining too. Below are brief descriptions of some of the games you'll encounter during the demo:

1) Rotate circles to load 3 different tokens that are associated with the creatures shown.

2) Use partial clues to figure out which way the lock arrows should point.

3) Find 4 symbols hidden in each scene as shown, during a story of the Dark Pied Piper.

4) Arrange the Themis Statuettes so their hands link together.

5) Another story requiring 4 symbols to be found on each page, this time, some symbols require finding and uncovering them.

6) Click on the tokens in a specific order by trial and error.

7) Find and place misplaced items by dragging them to the correct and logical place.

This Collector's Edition has 6 Music Soundtracks, 18 Wallpapers, 36 Concept Art pictures, 9 Achievements (6 of the Achievements have 3 categories) Fresco Puzzle (earn pieces as you earn achievements) 6 Collectible Character Figurines, 24 Hidden Owls (my favorite League of Light feature) a built in Strategy Guide and a Bonus Chapter, enjoy!

cabanaeast18
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by cabanaeast18 on Oct 23, 17 6:32 AM
I love every part of this game as all the other League of light stories, Awesome graphics, characters, story and especially my little boy scarecrow helper! There is one thing I'm really disappointed in......lack of music throughout the game. For me, it continues the mood of the game.

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Dec 18, 17 2:06 PM
I'm enjoying game, but got stuff to do, cant wait to get back to it!
just realized I musta played this game like 3 months ago & cause I left feedback! Cause BF wont let you leave feedback over 90 days! Yep a good game to play more then once!

Edited on 12/18/2017 at 6:13:31 PM PST

Go to: