Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Dead Reckoning: Sleight of Murder Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jun 10, 17 12:36 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 06/10/2017 at 9:36:56 AM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dead Reckoning: Sleight of Murder Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jun 10, 17 9:40 AM
Greetings Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Dead Reckoning: Sleight of Murder Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Dead Reckoning: Sleight of Murder Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our active moderators.

bfgBeruna

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dead Reckoning: Sleight of Murder Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jun 12, 17 6:17 AM
Never really been a fan of this series but I have to say the demo of this one was highly entertaining...and I've learned a card trick too

I loved the storyline, HOS were very varied, the puzzles were quite innovative and not easy, collectibles varied in size but weren't impossible to find, map transported and showed available actions and the SG was clear and easy to follow. Plenty of game modes and I expect the usual Eipix extras are all available.

I liked the way the player is included in the story line; when I typed in my name, I immediately became 'Miss Douglas' and the scene with the journalists really made me feel like I was being questioned. Very cleverly done!

Not bought an Eipix game for ages but this one is a definite buy

No technical issues with the demo. Desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit.

Edited on 06/12/2017 at 6:18:28 AM PST

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jun 12, 17 3:29 PM
Hi all! Been off the grid for awhile, but now I'm back. As usual, I review on the game play and not usually the story, as others do a much better job than I. Is this really #7 in this series, or did I miscount? The graphics in this game aren't bad, mostly very clear and sharp, but a little blurry off and on. The colors are bright and and very nice on the eyes. Game play was excellent, no problems during the demo and it fit my large screen very nicely. The voice overs are very well done, age and character appropriate, and you can click through dialog if you read faster than they speak. Music is rather soothing and nice for background sound when the sfx are taking a break. Even so, the sound FX are very well done and are heard when needed to make a point.

If you don't care for HOPs, you can play a bubble game, again, definitely not my favorite game at all. The HOPs are varied and nicely done, with silhouettes, straight/interactive lists, riddles, etc. I like how they incorporate a HOP within a HOP, to break things up a bit. Scenes are fairly clear and Items are not difficult to find. Puzzles are somewhat challenging in this version, and a number of them took more time and thought than I figured they would. The straight jacket just about put me in one! Hint system is very helpful and it does transport to longer locations. This is very helpful, as you do backtrack quite a lot to the same locations. You are constantly on the go in this one. SG was the usual. Didn't even look at the map, since the transport feature worked better and is much faster and less clicking.

The only collectibles I found are 36 rabbits wearing a top hat...boring and disappointing. These rabbits are large enough to be seen without any problem and in some cases, quite large. Too simple. Definitely needed more.

I really like this series and have all of the others, but at first, I wasn't sure about this one. I like the magic and how it actually tells you how a trick is done, but I'm really put off by the lack of collectibles. I did note that you must read notes within a scene before you can actually accomplish something...weird. That said, I like magic and mystery and playing the part of a detective. We have so many Cops in our family, I guess it's just automatic. That said, even without good collectibles, the story and action are good enough to keep me interested and wanting more. I think this one will appeal to most all players of any level. Yes, I am going to add this one to my CE collection. This one could easily have been a 5 star game, but missed the mark. I gave it a 4.25.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Jun 13, 17 2:15 PM
A very cleverly done good game which was quite enjoyable.

The HOs and mini games were nicely varied.

WIN 10 users......be sure your Big Fish Game Mgr is set to have Administrative authority, or you might lose your Profile information when you go to exit the game.
This is an Eipix Developer game.

Edited on 06/13/2017 at 2:19:41 PM PST

rdekker1
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by rdekker1 on Jul 1, 17 12:33 PM
I Love the Dead Reckoning series and was so excited to see this one. And it wasn't a disappointment. Loved everything about this game. I love magic and illusion. It's so weird because the day before this game came out I had just watched Now You See Me which is a movie about magic and illusion, Can't wait for then next DR game.

Edited on 07/01/2017 at 12:37:06 PM PST

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jul 13, 17 8:10 AM
The Dead Reckoning series is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get, a great game, or a dud. Run Forest, run away from this game, it's not SLEIGHTLY boring, it's really boring! Broadbeach Cove, The Crescent Case and Snowbird's Creek were duds, but Death Between the Lines, Silvermoon Isle and Brassfield Manor were fairly decent games. The only thing Dead Reckoning has going for it, is that you look for clues HOP style to deduce whether or not the suspects are telling the truth. This is supposed to be a Murder Mystery, a Whodunit, but this Collector's Edition choose to offer 36 Hidden Bunnies wearing a top hat! That certainly is a whodunit feature, who-dun decided to include it? These fuzzy bunnies aren't even hidden, they are large and in charge, but then again, it's pretty difficult to hide a Rabbit wearing a Top Hat in a somewhat realistic setting.
Illusionists are cool, but nothing's cool about a dead illusionist! Dead Reckoning has given us another murder mystery to solve, so somebody has to die to give us a murder case to solve. When one of the famous Garibaldi Brothers Illusionists is found dead under mysterious circumstances, baby brother Santiago is left to carry on the torch alone. Who's responsible? Could it be the film director who doesn't want anything standing in the way of the most realistic film he's ever directed? Could it be the owner of the The Stephens Tower Hotel, the subject of the cutting edge film? Could it be Francisco's angry girlfriend, or baby brother Santiago who may think that three's a crowd? Whoever is responsible, one thing's for sure, Ms. (Jim lol gramps) Douglas, will surely have plenty of material to write about! And the show must go on.....
The Hidden Object Scenes have some old familiar Dead Reckoning, "find clues that prove truthfulness or deceit" when interrogating people involved with the subject. There are also Interactive, Progressive Silhouetted Shape finds, Interactive List finds, and finding items that describe two items when combined. You can play an alternate Bubble Shooting game.
The Mini Games are okay, but nothing spectacular. Below are brief descriptions of some of the games you'll encounter during the demo:
1) Stack the cubes according to the diagram, by pressing an adjacent tile that is lower than a cube.
2) Release all the straight jacket belts in the correct order, all buckles must be clicked once without backtracking.
3) Cross reference 2 symbols to receive the code for the safe.
DEAD RECKONING GAMES AVAILABLE:
Brassfield Manor (CE 3-12-15)
Broadbeach Cove (CE 2-20-16)
Death Between the Lines (CE 10-29-16)
Silvermoon Isle (CE 7-12-14)
Sleight of Murder (CE 6-10-17)
Snowbird's Creek (CE 8-27-16)
The Crescent Case (CE 7-23-15)
This Collector's Edition has 14 replayable Hidden Object Scenes, 19 replayable Mini Games, replayable Bubble Shoot games, 7 Wallpapers, 8 Concept Art pictures, 36 Hidden Bunnies, a Souvenir Room, 5 Videos, 9 Music Soundtracks, 14 Achievements, a built in Strategy Guide and a Bonus Chapter

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jul 13, 17 10:13 AM
The Dead Reckoning series is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get, a great game, or a dud. Run Forest, run away from this game, it's not SLEIGHTLY boring, it's really boring! Broadbeach Cove, The Crescent Case and Snowbird's Creek were duds, but Death Between the Lines, Silvermoon Isle and Brassfield Manor were fairly decent games. The only thing Dead Reckoning has going for it, is that you look for clues HOP style to deduce whether or not the suspects are telling the truth. This is supposed to be a Murder Mystery, a Whodunit, but this Collector's Edition choose to offer 36 Hidden Bunnies wearing a top hat! That certainly is a whodunit feature, who-dun decided to include it? These fuzzy bunnies aren't even hidden, they are large and in charge, but then again, it's pretty difficult to hide a Rabbit wearing a Top Hat in a somewhat realistic setting.
Illusionists are cool, but nothing's cool about a dead illusionist! Dead Reckoning has given us another murder mystery to solve, so somebody has to die to give us a murder case to solve. When one of the famous Garibaldi Brothers Illusionists is found dead under mysterious circumstances, baby brother Santiago is left to carry on the torch alone. Who's responsible? Could it be the film director who doesn't want anything standing in the way of the most realistic film he's ever directed? Could it be the owner of the The Stephens Tower Hotel, the subject of the cutting edge film? Could it be Francisco's angry girlfriend, or baby brother Santiago who may think that three's a crowd? Whoever is responsible, one thing's for sure, Ms. (Jim lol gramps) Douglas, will surely have plenty of material to write about! And the show must go on.....
The Hidden Object Scenes have some old familiar Dead Reckoning, "find clues that prove truthfulness or deceit" when interrogating people involved with the subject. There are also Interactive, Progressive Silhouetted Shape finds, Interactive List finds, and finding items that describe two items when combined. You can play an alternate Bubble Shooting game.
The Mini Games are okay, but nothing spectacular. Below are brief descriptions of some of the games you'll encounter during the demo:
1) Stack the cubes according to the diagram, by pressing an adjacent tile that is lower than a cube.
2) Release all the straight jacket belts in the correct order, all buckles must be clicked once without backtracking.
3) Cross reference 2 symbols to receive the code for the safe.
DEAD RECKONING GAMES AVAILABLE:
Brassfield Manor (CE 3-12-15)
Broadbeach Cove (CE 2-20-16)
Death Between the Lines (CE 10-29-16)
Silvermoon Isle (CE 7-12-14)
Sleight of Murder (CE 6-10-17)
Snowbird's Creek (CE 8-27-16)
The Crescent Case (CE 7-23-15)
This Collector's Edition has 14 replayable Hidden Object Scenes, 19 replayable Mini Games, replayable Bubble Shoot games, 7 Wallpapers, 8 Concept Art pictures, 36 Hidden Bunnies, a Souvenir Room, 5 Videos, 9 Music Soundtracks, 14 Achievements, a built in Strategy Guide and a Bonus Chapter.

Go to: