JKPHEP
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

Not any good games.

[Post New]by JKPHEP on Apr 21, 10 1:16 PM
I have been with BFG for a long time and there has never been a dry spell like this. Everyday I look for a good game to but but none. I bought several credits and having a hard time spending them. Does anyone have this problem or is it just me? Thanks

Re:Not any good games.

[Post New]by ghosttracker72 on Apr 21, 10 1:32 PM
JKPHEP, I think we ALL have this problem occasionally....Sometimes it helps to expand your preference, like if you usually dig H. O. Games, try a match 3...Like that....Regardless, of what you decide I'm sure one will be along soon that you will find to your liking...Until then, play in the forums! LOL It SURE passes the time..LOL

ojrufee
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

Not any good games.

[Post New]by ojrufee on Apr 21, 10 2:03 PM
JKPHEP wrote:I have been with BFG for a long time and there has never been a dry spell like this. Everyday I look for a good game to but but none. I bought several credits and having a hard time spending them. Does anyone have this problem or is it just me? Thanks

I also agree with you but I guess when some good ones finally appear we will appreciate them that much more.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Apr 21, 10 3:03 PM
It depends always what you like. I have almost three (!!) full punchcards this month, it means I have found many good games.

[Post New]by rumplestiltskins on Apr 21, 10 3:43 PM
To JKPHEP, ghosttracker is right. I am a **** person but there weren't any at the time I wanted one so I bought Super Granny 4 , a totally different game , and I have had a lot of fun with it. I also bought PACRUSH and RICOCHET, LOST WORLDS and love both of them. Play them all the time. Try something different and by the time you're done, B.F. will have something for you. Happy Gaming!

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Apr 21, 10 3:50 PM
I agree with trying something new....I started out with H.O. games, and have been feeling bored with them. I'm moving out into iHOG and "adventure"; but someone on one of these forums suggested a match 3 game, which ordinarily wouldn't appeal to me. I tried the suggested "4 Elements", and am totally addicted to it !!!!

bluesinew
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by bluesinew on Apr 21, 10 4:15 PM
I haven't found any good IHOGS lately, (my preference for a casual game) that have appealed to me lately. I took the plunge and purchased a large file game, without a trial. I usually buy these games when then they are first released and not online. However, I missed the Dracula ones when they first came out so I gave them a shot. I am so glad I did . . . they are great. I finished the "path of the dragon" and am now playing "Dracula origin". They take me days to play and are well worth the money. If you are used to playing HOG or IHOGs, they are different but I find them more of a challenge. Good luck with your gaming.

puppycake
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

Not any good games.

[Post New]by puppycake on Apr 21, 10 6:57 PM
JKPHEP wrote:I have been with BFG for a long time and there has never been a dry spell like this. Everyday I look for a good game to but but none. I bought several credits and having a hard time spending them. Does anyone have this problem or is it just me? Thanks

I agree with you yes. I hate to complain though because BF is a great site and has the best customer service! But lately the games seem to be of lower quality, and if you are a huge IHOG or just looking for a great Hidden object game, they have for sure been lacking. This is the first time ever I also have credits stacked up waiting for something GOOD. It seems there was always at least really one GREAT quality game per week, you could count on it. I'm not sure why this is happening and I certainly have tried different category games. It is a dry spell and I just posted that about an hr ago before I saw this post. I still love BF and won't change sites, just a little disappointed lately is all. I am so desperate I will probably end up buying this game lol Trying to find out the game length first. Hope our patience pays off and soon the good RTR type games will come back!

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Apr 22, 10 5:00 AM
I think sometimes we may just get burned out on games if we play so many. I think I want more of the same, then demos feel like clones. Then I want something different. Don't want any more match 3, then stumble on something like 4 Elements then Paradise Quest. Those kept me going for months!! Then the Virtual Villager games, 1,2,3 when I don't at all care for others in that genre or TMs. I've gone full circle now and just loved this London Caper.

These PI series just get better and better, a few little turns and twists here and there, riddle clues for words in a list, words when looking for an object. But no knickertwister puzzles, no tiny objects making me squint. No waiting for hint to refill on untimed mode, click all you want, not punitive. Just comfortable to be "back home" where I started but just enough improvements over Lottery Ticket to keep them entertaining and relaxing.

I overbought last month, 12 games and the month before, lots of DDs. Many I'll probably never play or even finish. Tired of needing walkthroughs and games that feel like work. I saved a credit long awaiting VV4 and after the demo I felt like this is work! So heck, I'm getting this new PI,instead been so long since a great plain ole HOG game it felt new and fresh to me. I did buy my first CE this month, Lord of Mirrors which I didn't expect to like, but the HOG scenes in it are plentiful and wonderfully done.

I don't like vampires but tried the demo Vampireville with nothing better to do for an hour and absolutely fell in love, played it 3 times, it is so funny. Same for Mishap, Accidental Haunting, what a fantastic surprise, top quality all around, took me a week only one chapter at a time and great humor, who woulda thought a ghost story was funny, not scary. I play one or two demos every night and that has really got me out of ruts just seeing what others are playing. The variety is keeping me from burnout for now, I just don't seem to have any interest in going back finishing about 13 games I bought for more punches. The long complicated ones I mean, now I like short and easy I can finish. I guess it's not the games, it's my moods that change, then nothing satisfies.

Edited on 04/22/2010 at 5:01:53 AM PST

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Apr 22, 10 5:32 AM
puppycake length? If you have played Mys PI games before you may know that when you get to the end, or if you find the 2 items each scene you unlock Unlimited Play. That is what I like so much in all the PIs. This one calls for a key and a crown in each scene, and when you get 25 you can unlock the extra play. I always try to find those first so I won't forget to look and if I click on the last item on the list the level closes and I can't go back for a missing key.

Unlimited mode is when you can return to any of the many scenes and find every single item maybe 70 or 80. So I always have HOGs to go back to, just something to pass the time or while watching tv. You can spend hours and hours on these and if you give it a few months break, at least I forget where a lot of items were. I like the way they started putting a little interaction in and took off the timer. And the easy mini games for me are just nice little intermissions to rest my eyes before the next search. Half the objects are big and in your face, but some are very cleverly placed and not as easy as they look. I think they are the best HOGs around to get a break from the ihogs and adventures.

Funny how so many say they are sick of hogs, then want more games like RTR and Dire Grove which have maybe more hog scenes than hog games. I guess it is the puzzles, which if I can I skip. Since this Playfirst partnership, I think a LOT of the lower quality games may be part of that deal, more kids' games and not the quality we like, but maybe just required as part of the deal. It's good for the mom's who can't afford many games for family. I too have 2 unused credits and already the 22nd of the month, Had freebies to use up from cards and cash for the CE. Now it's London Caper I'm sure just to fill my card but it's a better than average game with the Unlimited bonus games. Should take us into May

[Post New]by baglady159 on Apr 22, 10 6:44 AM
I guess I just got spoiled with the RTR and Dire Grove games. Those were my favorites and hoping for more. But I think it's the games that I enjoy more than the hidden objects, though I don't mind HOG games if they offer a challenge. And that's the whole thing. I like the challenge so don't want anything too easy but don't want to have to keep going back to the walk-through just to finish. Maybe I"m just hard to please. I'm pretty sure I've tried all the trial games that BFG has to offer. (I was bored one weekend and went from A to Z in the list of HOG games - I know - I need to get off this computer and get a life.

Edited on 04/22/2010 at 6:46:02 AM PST

mountfalcon
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by mountfalcon on Apr 23, 10 10:18 AM
I suppose that the games which appear depend on what the developers churn out, and some of them don't seem to try hard. I get the regular Gamezebo newsletters, and most of the games reviewed turn up here fairly promptly, and there does seem to be some weeding out of the worst ones - and I've come across some pretty dreadful beta versions which still make it to the final version anyway. I think because these games are called 'casual', some developers take a sloppy approach to production values and quality, or just jump on the current bandwaggon. All too often, pretty graphics serve only to try to stop you realising what a poor game they accompany. Some of the best games for me have been ones which concentrate on gameplay with only a nod towards 'prettiness'.

amybc
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by amybc on Apr 23, 10 3:30 PM
What does IHOG mean. I know what HOG is,

Thanks

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Apr 23, 10 3:58 PM
Interactive Hidden Object Games, which most of them are now. Where you pick up objects to use with another like put cup on saucer, erase equation etc. Although this is IHOG lite, you don't keep an inventory to use them in another location. They just require you to interact a bit with items on same scene.

Most the IHOGS are more of adventure, going from scene to scene to find or use items to unlock something somewhere. Some of them are called FROGS where the objects may be fractured into pieces you look for to put the item back together then use it. The difficulty level is higher, especially if your eyesight isn't so sharp, or a small monitor, or just awful clarity of graphics. I prefer looking for whole objects myself that I can recognize the shape or item.

amybc
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by amybc on Apr 24, 10 1:53 PM
Thanks Puzzle done.

Go to: