how do you use the compass and get it to work?

[Post New]by judyestes777 on Jun 10, 17 8:04 PM
How do you use the compass and get it to work? How does it help my playing? does anybody know?

Edited on 06/11/2017 at 4:41:07 PM PST

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

how do you use the compass and get it to work?

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Jun 19, 17 10:26 PM
judyestes777 wrote:How do you use the compass and get it to work? How does it help my playing? does anybody know?

Welcome to the pond judyestes777,

I had been thinking about the same thing for a while. After seeing that no one had answered your post, I decided to spend 75G & test it. I don't think it helps very much.

When I clicked on the compass, a Circle with an Arrow pointing in Correct Direction was pasted on my screen. The Circle was only the size of 1 Square in the Maze. The Circle stays on the Square that Ruby was on when you clicked on the Compass. Also, when I used the Compass, the price to use it again doubled to 150G. I don't know if the Price will go back down when I start trying to find another Puzzle Piece or Diamond.

I just found the last Puzzle Piece in the 2nd Pyramid while trying to get the Lyre. I'll try using the Compass later to find out if the Price goes back down.

Using the "Clear Traps Icon" has really helped me a lot. There are usually enough Gold Coins in an area to pay for Clearing the Traps. After I use the "Clear Traps Icon", I get almost all of the Coins & Rubies in the area. I try to leave 1 Coin or 1 Ruby in front of each Elevator that I haven't used to help me keep track of where I've been.

Also, in the 2nd Pyramid, there are Pedestals with Domes on top. Touching a Pedestal activates a "Find the Pairs Game" that completing gives you more Gold. The games are Timed. The Time to complete each game & the Gold earned vary depending on the Number of Pairs you need to Match to complete the game. Once you start a game, you have to complete it. If Time Runs Out, you Earn Nothing. When you complete a game, the pedestal disappears. There are No 2nd Chances.

HTH,

Ganonsbane

Edited on 06/19/2017 at 10:29:09 PM PST

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

Re:how do you use the compass and get it to work?

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Jun 20, 17 1:21 AM
When you start looking for a different "Puzzle Piece", "Wrench" or 'Diamond", the Price to use the Compass goes Back Down to 75 G for the 1st use.

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

Re:how do you use the compass and get it to work?

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Jun 26, 17 9:27 AM
I got lost & had to use the Compass several times to get back on track. I noticed some things that may help when using the Compass.

The Compass only points North, East, South or West.

It NEVER points Northeast, Southeast, Southwest, or Northwest.

The Compass does not always point toward the Correct Elevator. It points in the Direction that you need to go.

If you use the Compass in a North to South Passage, the Compass will point North or South. Use the Compass in an East to West Passage & it will only point East or West.

Always use the Compass at an Intersection. Then the Compass can point North, East, South or West to give you a better idea of which Elevator to take.

HTH

Go to: