Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Rescue Team 7 Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jun 13, 17 12:41 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 06/13/2017 at 6:34:35 AM PST

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Rescue Team 7 Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by kgustavson on Jun 13, 17 1:34 AM
A bit hectic but that's kind of the MO for the Rescue Team games; I don't not enjoy it, but I rarely find myself replaying for gold time, partly because the tutorial you can't get rid of actually ruins your goals. I don't really feel that we need #7 in this series, and I also think that TM games (with a couple of exceptions) are never CE worthy. However, the Rescue series is solidly good and certainly a challenge especially if you are a gold time chaser.

Always try for yourselves but for me, I'll wait for the SE.

julesyhedgehog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by julesyhedgehog on Jun 13, 17 4:03 AM
I have a different opinion than kgustavson. I have been ANXIOUSLY awaiting Rescue Team 7 since playing the trials from other game sites. It has a lot of similarities to the previous versions, but it also does include some different challenges. The CE also has the strategy guide, which I have not had to refer to so far. Having gotten past level 35, I can tell you that so far there is not a particular level where it will leave you completely frustrated and unable to complete, unlike level 24 from Rescue Team 6 for many gamers.

I immediately used my 2 credits to get this game and will continue to do so as long as the game manufacturer continues to produce Rescue Team games. But if you'd rather not spend the 2 credits for this CE, then wait for a 50% or 2-for-1 or similar sale. I do that for other CE games.

julesy

Edited on 06/13/2017 at 4:05:46 AM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jun 13, 17 5:05 AM
I'm with julesyhedgehog as far as RT7 goes! I loved this series since it's very basic beginnings to the much improved game it is now and this new release was an instant buy for me without bothering with the demo!

You can get rid of the tutorials; simply turn off the hints on the options page. There's also a relaxed mode as well as a multi-click (chain actions) option; I always play a new TM in relaxed mode to get a feel for the game before attempting a timed mode.

There's now a dog handler and more power-ups to buy with the stars you earn. Otherwise the gameplay will be familiar to those who have played and enjoyed the previous RT games. You clear roads, build sawmills, cafes, houses etc and rescue people via boat, helicopter, a ski lift and of course with the help of the two dogs. The graphics are bright and colourful, there's a built in SG and the extras include 'gifts', (whatever they are?) and bio's of the characters.

There are 50 levels in the main game and another 20 bonus levels; plenty to keep me entertained for hours while I try to get 3 stars on every level There's a bit more chat then usual between characters but nothing too intrusive.

Instant buy for me and so far, no technical issues with the game. Desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit.

ETA: Finished the entire game inc. bonus levels. Great fun to play as always and we get to find out the names of some of the Rescue Team! In addition you're able to upgrade the teams' base of operations and the airport (in the bonus levels). And I found out what the 'gifts' are....and who they're for. There may be wedding bells in RT8

Edited on 06/15/2017 at 1:07:02 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 13, 17 6:35 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Rescue Team 7 Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Rescue Team 7 Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

palegoldfish
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

Rescue Team 7

[Post New]by palegoldfish on Jun 13, 17 6:44 AM
There aren't any TM's worthy of being a CE. The strategy guide is not worth the extra money since you can go to the forums and get the help you need.

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

Rescue Team 7

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Jun 13, 17 7:44 AM
palegoldfish wrote:There aren't any TM's worthy of being a CE. The strategy guide is not worth the extra money since you can go to the forums and get the help you need.

I agree with you. There should be at least some bonus levels.

peh4psu
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by peh4psu on Jun 13, 17 7:46 AM
This game is AWESOME!!! The Rescue Team series are the best time management games! Most of the levels are challenging while there are other levels that are relatively easy. I love it!!! Bought it without demoing!

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jun 13, 17 4:11 PM
This is one of the more fun Tm games IMO. I love this series.

The graphics in Rescue Team are sharp and clear and characters are not teeny tiny like in some of the other TM games. I'm already looking forward to Rescue Team 8.

Edited on 07/29/2017 at 7:38:07 AM PST

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Jun 13, 17 6:56 PM
Thank, thank, BFG! one of my favorite games of all time. When I finish I will be waitiing for 7 also! Keep up the fun games. Makes my life happy too!

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jun 14, 17 2:46 PM
Hello Everyone!

Thanks so much for your constructive participation in this forum. We welcome your feedback, positive and otherwise, regarding Rescue Team 7 Collector's Edition. I'm just swimming by to request that all reviews posted in this thread adhere to the aforementioned rules.

If any technical concerns with the game arise, please post about them in the thread below.

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Rescue Team 7 Collector's Edition here.

This helps keep the forums organized and allows the Forum Moderation Team to respond to technical inquiries with more haste.

Thanks for your time and understanding. The Forum Moderation Team really appreciates your help with this as well as your contributions. If any questions or concerns arise, please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active moderators. We're always happy to help.

bfgBeruna

plat1098
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by plat1098 on Jun 14, 17 3:29 PM
Huh? Rescue Team 6 came out just came out, what 6 or 7 months ago? Cool! Smart not to fool with all the good stuff from the previous RTs, just some relatively minor changes, but that darn loading circle between scenes is still too slow, especially if you need to exit out in a hurry. OK, so is this a trend now? Yes?

njewer
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by njewer on Jun 14, 17 3:40 PM
For those who said this is not worth the CE price....The in-game strategy guide I find is a lot easier than trying to search the forums or you tube for help with the tough levels. Also this CE includes 20 bonus levels for a total of 70 levels. From what I understand, the SE will only have 50 levels so the 20 extra levels is a great bonus. I rarely buy Collector's Editions because I am not interested in the usual extras such as music or wallpapers but the strategy guide PLUS the 20 bonus levels make this one of the few (along with Royal Envoy) that I buy with no hesitation - well worth the price to me. This is a great game...and a great value

julesyhedgehog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by julesyhedgehog on Jun 14, 17 4:36 PM
njewer wrote:For those who said this is not worth the CE price....The in-game strategy guide I find is a lot easier than trying to search the forums or you tube for help with the tough levels. Also this CE includes 20 bonus levels for a total of 70 levels. From what I understand, the SE will only have 50 levels so the 20 extra levels is a great bonus. I rarely buy Collector's Editions because I am not interested in the usual extras such as music or wallpapers but the strategy guide PLUS the 20 bonus levels make this one of the few (along with Royal Envoy) that I buy with no hesitation - well worth the price to me. This is a great game...and a great value

I'm with you, njewer! I just now finished the 50 levels and discovered the bonus 20 levels and what a pleasant surprise! Besides the shop for upgrades, there is also a Rescue Base that you can upgrade.

To me, this game is chock full of goodies that makes it well worth the price of a CE. If you love the Rescue Team games, I'm pretty sure you will not regret spending the 2 credits or CE price, whichever way you prefer to purchase the game.

julesy

Edited on 06/14/2017 at 4:37:26 PM PST

[Post New]by Nscaler160 on Jun 15, 17 1:04 PM
Will Ron and Carrie stay together? Will Carrie go to the man she talked to before? Will Ron stay with the company or leave to find himself in the mountains of Tibet? Tune in to the next Rescue Team for another edition of......As The Tractor Turns.
(Those of you playing the game will get the joke)
I really enjoy this series and the story is great and as others have said, getting the CE gives you a bunch extra to do. Thank you to other threads for the how to turn off the tutorial and I was also not aware you could upgrade the shop.
My only complaint is that some of the levels you just follow the bouncing ball and the only real strategy per say is how fast can you click the mouse. You light up an area but it becomes the only way you can go often times so the element of choosing is taken out. Granted, you will figure that out anyway as you play but I want to find that out for myself and not be taken by the hand and shown the path.
If you like TM games then it is very enjoyable and I will be watching for the next one.
Hmmmm.....maybe Ron and Carrie will have an addition to their humble abode.

[Post New]by LoetjeS48 on Jun 16, 17 2:00 PM
I seemed to have a shortage of bones in level 34. I cannot imagine what i am doing wrong. I have the collectors version and i play timed. But whatever i try i cannot go past this level. Please help someone??

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Jun 20, 17 3:20 PM
So happy to see One of the greats again. Did all levels and never had to use the strategy help though. Did the hardest way also. So could have been a tad harder to do, as I pretty much whizzed through Glad there was 20 levels in the bonus area.

rockey69
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by rockey69 on Jun 25, 17 5:02 PM
I have loved all the past Rescue Team games and this one, is just as good as the last 6. It was well worth the wait, I use to play a lot of the hidden object games, but I have switched to this type of a Time Management Games.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jul 13, 17 8:00 AM
Rescue Team is one of the most entertaining Time Management series available, and this edition is by far the best one yet! This is a point and click type TM game, but you do have to use a little bit of strategy to earn all 3 stars, particularly when choosing which structures to build. You can play in a Relaxed, (untimed mode), a Normal mode (can only assign available workers) or a Multi-click mode ( allows you to queue workers) The best part is, Larry and Barry the Saint Bernards have returned to help Ron rescue people!
There are the usual tasks like most TM games, collect resources such as food, money and wood, clear roadways of debris, fix potholes, and repair bridges and damaged buildings, and strategically construct Sawmills, Burger Cafe's, Houses to rent, Pet Shops to feed Barry and Larry, and Gas Stations that will produce the required resources. Because this is a Rescue game however, it's all about rescuing people from natural and manmade disasters. Barry and Larry, will do their own type of rescue, searching demolished buildings and debris to find any trapped people. People aren't the only ones that need rescued, you will be tasked with rescuing cats, dogs and other trapped or endangered animals too.
If you earn 3 Stars on a level, you will receive coins that can be used in the Shop to purchase Bonuses. There are also Bonus chips on some of the levels that will make the rescue workers run, or produce gas, food, wood etc. faster, but for a brief period of time. In the Shop you can purchase bonuses in 4 different categories: Cruising Speed (speeds up workers, construction, repairs and obstacle removal) Emergency Help ( people become colder slower, fires spread slower, disease spreads slower) Turbo Mode ( speeds up all machines, speeds up medics firefighters and police, dogs find people quicker) and Boost (planes deliver freight faster, cranes clear debris faster, pumps operate faster)
You need to construct buildings, sometimes in a specific order because Houses will earn money, Sawmills provide wood to repair and reconstruct, Burger Cafe's provide food for the workers, Hospitals provide doctors to treat the sick and wounded, and Gas Stations allow you to use power equipment such as boats, Helicopters and Lifts etc. You will use various equipment to rescue people, Cranes are used to clear debris from mines, Pumps will drain flooded areas, Generators will produce light in dark mines, Boats rescue people from the water, Ski Lifts rescue people trapped on the mountain tops etc. There is an excellent tutorial, so even if you've never played this type of game, you'll easily catch on.
This is the second Rescue Team offered as a Collector's Edition. This one has 9 Concept Art pictures, 14 Music Soundtracks, 7 Character Biographies, 5 Gifts, 38 Achievements to Earn, a built in Level by level Strategy Guide and Bonus Levels. Rescue Team is a really entertaining Time Management series that has different features offered than most TM games, I personally just don't see the need for a CE in this type of game, so I'll wait for the SE to be released, enjoy!

Go to: