What's the best Rescue Team game to start with?

[Post New]by Marinersfan04 on Jun 13, 17 9:13 AM
As a lover of TM games, I'm ashamed to say I've never played a Rescue Team game. Should I start with one of the earlier games or jump right into this new one?

stingstungme
Minnow
Minnow
216 Posts

Re:What's the best Rescue Team game to start with?

[Post New]by stingstungme on Jun 13, 17 9:25 AM
I always start with the original and work myself up the line.

I wouldn't start with #7. It's a great game and definite buy. But if you start with 1 and go forward, you'll see how much the game has improved and expanded over the years.

It would be a letdown to start with 6 or 7 then play the original version since 6 and 7 have options like the store where you can buy boosts and increase the worker speeds, etc.

bertola7
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by bertola7 on Jun 13, 17 9:25 AM
I started with 4. The earlier games had pretty bad graphics.

[Post New]by Marinersfan04 on Jun 13, 17 1:33 PM
Thanks. I'll go back and try to start with the early games.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jun 15, 17 1:19 AM
Personally I'd start with RT3. I disagree that the early games had 'pretty bad graphics'; they were just more basic with no frills and the characters weren't drawn as well as they are now. RT3 was also the first game where you could multi-click (chain actions) so definitely a big improvement on the first two.

However if you want to see exactly how far this series has come, go right back to the beginning; you'll be amazed at the difference

plat1098
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by plat1098 on Jun 15, 17 2:10 AM
Yes, comparing the first to this RT is an amazing contrast, BUT, if you're wanting to get your feet wet, it's also a good place to start. All the basic features in RT1 are carried forward into the later ones, so you'll have a good foundation if you start there. Plus, you'll probably get addicted in the process, like just about everybody else. Welcome!

[Post New]by Neverlosehope on Jun 16, 17 1:27 AM
I have to admit also, that as a lover of TM games, that I have never played the RT series. I really liked the demo. My question is: Is this akin to the Gardens Inc Series TM games? The reason I ask is because I felt they were too hard and didn't enjoy them after so many levels where there were ghosts and other things that destroyed what I already constructed. Any answers much appreciated.

plat1098
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by plat1098 on Jun 16, 17 4:49 AM
RT and Gardens Inc series are by two separate developers, so the only thing they really have in common is what makes most timed-strategy games what they are. The themes, tasks and storylines are different. There are no vandals (ugh!) in RT but thieves and burglars are on both. RT is a little kinder in that regard. The first three RTs are almost incredibly basic compared to the later ones, so they're ideal to just demo.. Demo all of them if you wish, it's all good.

[Post New]by Neverlosehope on Jun 16, 17 5:49 PM
Thank you very kindly, plat1098, for responding. I think I will demo them all. And YES! Vandals! Ugh is right. It's been so long since I've played Gardens Inc and couldn't remember the word I was looking for that made me dislike it so that I never finished one of the games that I purchased. Thanks again. Have a nice day!

Go to: