Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Alicia Quatermain: Secrets of the Lost Treasures here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jun 14, 17 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 06/14/2017 at 6:27:40 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Alicia Quatermain: Secrets of the Lost Treasures here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 14, 17 6:27 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help. Checking out the help articles in Big Fish Games Help is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.[/color]

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Alicia Quatermain: Secrets of the Lost Treasures here.

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Jun 15, 17 9:46 AM
Hello fishies,

I just downloaded the demo of this game and played a few levels. It is colorful and has many of the usual features. However, for some reason the game VERY quickly moves forward on some of the screens that appear to have helpful tips and instructions regarding gameplay.

I use the words "some of the screens appear to have helpful tips and instructions" because they flash by so quickly that it is impossible for me to read what is there. I don't consider myself to be a slow reader by any means, but I can hardly see the first few words on those screens before they are gone and the next part of the game appears. I'd be very surprised if anyone trying the game would have time to read the tips or instructions on them. Perhaps it is just my computer's operating system. (I am operating with a Windows 7 Professional - 64 bit system) but, if it is like this for everyone, you'll probably need lots of luck figuring out the fine points of the game.

I wanted to like this game and perhaps purchase it, but without being able to learn the tips and instructions, I feel I might not have the information I need to play it all the way to the end.

Unless there is some way to fix this technical issue, I will pass on adding this game to my collection.

Happy gaming to those who don't have the problem, or who don't feel the need for the tips and instructions.

Classicaljazz

Edited on 06/15/2017 at 11:47:16 AM PST

GoldenMel
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by GoldenMel on Jun 15, 17 10:33 AM
Same as the CE. I have pink blotches where the items are and can´t see so can´t play. Windows 7 Home Basic.

CAVEGRL
Salmon
Salmon
2,741 Posts

[Post New]by CAVEGRL on Jun 15, 17 10:47 AM
I am having the same problem, Classicaljazz. Running WIN 10. I also have gone through level 10 but it keeps saying I've not finished the level. I've gotten all the puzzle pieces and don't know what else I have to do...maybe because I can't read the "helpful" tips? Not very "helpful"!!!

[Post New]by Sapphiremoon624 on Jun 16, 17 6:29 AM
I just tried to open the demo for the first time and received the error message below:

Unable to load mono library from "D:/Games/Alicia Quatermain - Secret....

I have uninstalled the game awaiting a reply or fix.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jun 16, 17 12:20 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for your patience and for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear your games aren't working and am here to help fix that.

When a game has performances issues, like moving too quickly or too slowly, there are a few troubleshooting steps that can help. Running the game with administrator permissions can make a game go smoothly again. Checking that the video card driver is up to date can also be a useful step to take. Instructions about those respective processes can be found in the help pages below.

Run Game as Administrator
Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If those steps don't help, or if you've received an error message, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to provide further help.

Thanks for your understanding. Please don't hesitate to PM me or another Active Moderators if any more questions or concerns arise. We're always happy to help.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by Shadow0816 on Jun 16, 17 8:19 PM
Games seems to be fun to play, however, there are pink blotches all over the screen, makes it very hard to play Any suggestions? Thank you

jlmart
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by jlmart on Jun 19, 17 10:19 PM
I really want to like this game. Great graphics, cute characters, lots of screens and not terribly difficult, BUT - the print is so small on the screen that I can barely make it out. I know on the right side there is a list of my inventory and bonuses but I really have no idea what they represent because they are so tiny. The game fills the whole screen of my 27" monitor nicely so the problem isn't that it is playing in a window. It's just that every time a bar of print comes up it is minuscule. I am playing on Windows 10 and have my zoom set at 125%. I tried pushing it higher but it has no effect on the game. I haven't been able to find any advanced settings menu that might help. I hope there is a fix for this problem because I would like to buy the game but with this issue I would find it just too aggravating to make it worth the expenditure.

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Jun 25, 17 8:31 PM
There are numerous errors with this game whether CE or SE. If there’s no fix, I’m going to want a credit for my purchase of the SE.
1. The puzzle pieces do not register even though you’ve picked them up and
2. The pieces and 3 stars do not register in Alicia’s room.

Therefore, you are unable to play the UP and AWAY puzzle room and if it’s not completed you can access the bonus level at the ends of every 10 levels.

[Post New]by LadyJagFan54 on Jul 14, 17 5:46 AM
After playing 5 levels and returning to the game it will not load. It is using up all the trial time having to try. If I am having issues with the trial what would happen if I purchased it. NO THANKS.

[Post New]by LadyJagFan54 on Jul 18, 17 12:42 PM
I was right. I bought the game and it will not load. It installed though. Please advise.

Adoralora
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by Adoralora on Jul 25, 17 12:06 PM
have been playing the game windows 10, NOW " Error: access violation at 0x77D29B1B,(tried to write to 0x000A0FFA) program terminated" Repeated crashing and no admittance to game.

OK LOOKS LIKE THIS ISSUE IS EFFECTING ALL BF GAMES THAT I OWN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SOMETHING BIGGER THAN JUST THIS GAME>

Edited on 07/25/2017 at 12:21:47 PM PST

[Post New]by roswell60 on Aug 3, 17 12:19 PM
I tried out the free time and decided to purchase the game. The game will not open and it gives me an error 346 when I try to uninstall and reinstall the game. How ever it tells me that it cannot uninstall because the game is running. I am running windows 10 and have tried everything to find out if the game is still running in the background, no luck. The game ran fine during the trial period. Now I can't play it at all.

[Post New]by lizzanne77 on Aug 21, 17 6:06 AM
hi I am having the same problem with pink blotches I am also wandering am I the only one that don't see the stragery guide in this game ? I bought it as Collection but their is no stragery guide please help thank you

julesyhedgehog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by julesyhedgehog on Aug 21, 17 5:25 PM
lizzanne77 wrote:hi I am having the same problem with pink blotches I am also wandering am I the only one that don't see the stragery guide in this game ? I bought it as Collection but their is no stragery guide please help thank you

You are posting on the Standard Edition forum, not the Collector's Edition forum. Are you sure you bought the CE? If you bought the CE for sure, the strategy guide is activated when you starting playing the level. Once you start playing, there is a ? mark in the lower left hand corner.

julesy

Go to: