RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

Unsolved Mystery Club: Amelia Earhart

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Apr 22, 10 4:08 AM
So where is the forum for this newly released game? Or do forums only get created once the PC version is out? Come on Big Fish, this is the third time you've done this.

Kind of dampens the enthusiasm for us Mac folk when we get a new game first.

sawadee93
Koi
Koi
128,219 Posts

Re:Unsolved Mystery Club: Amelia Earhart

[Post New]by sawadee93 on Apr 22, 10 4:44 AM
Did I miss something ? ..I think this game has not been released yet ....probably in the next few days as it was on Mudrock's list

[Post New]by MissHappiness19 on Apr 22, 10 5:00 AM
I too was just barely looking for this forum so I could read reviews, but I discovered it hadn't been created yet. , please create a game forum for the Mac Users even if the PC Users haven't gotten the game yet.

sawadee93
Koi
Koi
128,219 Posts

[Post New]by sawadee93 on Apr 22, 10 5:06 AM
it's already out for the Mac users ?? Did not know that ...

[Post New]by MissHappiness19 on Apr 22, 10 5:15 AM
Yes, it's Mac's TGT, but there isn't a forum yet. I want to post a review and read other fishies' reviews, so I hope gets one up soon.

sawadee93
Koi
Koi
128,219 Posts

[Post New]by sawadee93 on Apr 22, 10 5:23 AM
just curious now MissHappiness ..is it a good game ?

[Post New]by ILoveLucyRicardo on Apr 22, 10 5:32 AM
MissHappiness19 wrote:I too was just barely looking for this forum so I could read reviews, but I discovered it hadn't been created yet. , please create a game forum for the Mac Users even if the PC Users haven't gotten the game yet.

Maybe you should pm picman with this suggestion...although, I do not have a Mac...it is a good suggestion.

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Apr 22, 10 5:44 AM
It looks good so far. It's a huge game (the zip file is 564 KB ), untimed, and you can skip mini-games. Visually great, and the music is not annoying. Only got to play 10 minutes, have to go to work.

edited because ( K B ) when put together looks like (K

Edited on 04/22/2010 at 5:46:13 AM PST

Mentalistlvr
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by Mentalistlvr on Apr 22, 10 6:32 AM
Played the demo..not entirely sure if I will get it, I like the interactive part. searching for items that are either hidden in other screens and hidden in objects.
Didn't care much for the flying lessons, only did one, but didn't like that mini game much.
As I said, not sure if I'll be getting this one. But graphics are great and like the game play in the hidden object screens.

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Apr 22, 10 8:28 AM
Hi fishies,

Sorry for the delay on the Unsolved Mystery Club: Amelia Earhart. It is now up and running and ready for posting! I've gone ahead and moved this thread over so you can check it out.

bfgTigris

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Apr 22, 10 8:42 AM
Wrazzled wrote:I am still wondering where the video for this game is and if it is showing up for others?

No video on the game page here either.Guess there isn't one.

[Post New]by MissHappiness19 on Apr 22, 10 8:57 AM
sawadee93 wrote:just curious now MissHappiness ..is it a good game ?

Sorry for the delay–– I'm easily distracted by other things.

Yes, it's a good game. It's an iHOG with really good graphics. You watch footage of Amelia Earhart and hear clips with her speaking (these are all from the real Amelia Earhart), then go to areas from her life to do the Hidden Object scene, which is full of interactions (most of which you need an item from another scene) and a few riddle type **** clues. You also investigate scenes that deal with Theories about her disappearance. There are also some puzzles, plus "Flying Lessons," which is essentially a Mastermind type game.

There were a few annoying instances where the object I was looking for wasn't what I had in mind. (e.g The clue was "bow" and I was looking for a hair bow, but it was really a violin bow I needed.) Overall, I found it to be really well done, interesting, educational and fun. It's not at the top of my "to buy" list, but I'll probably buy it sometime in the future.

I hope you enjoy it when it's released for PC! Have a great day!

Edited on 04/22/2010 at 9:22:43 AM PST

tribrach
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by tribrach on Apr 23, 10 12:50 AM
Am I missing something or can somebody explain why my downloaded zip file is only just over 194 KB's NOT 564 as RyeMcLaughlin has posted? It took no time at all to load, so I'm wondering if there is more to come if I buy the game?

ajwiggin
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by ajwiggin on Apr 23, 10 3:02 AM
Looked at the walk through and there are only 5 chapters. I finished the first 2 in the demo in under an hour, seems this one will be too short. Will wait and see other posts of anyone who has bought the game.

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Apr 23, 10 3:17 AM
I agree ajwiggin. It looks like it's going to be alittle to short for me. Did the demo, not a great game but it's fun. Don't believe I'll be buying this one.

kkbodine
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by kkbodine on Apr 23, 10 6:42 AM
Is there really only 5 chapters to this game? What a shame because the graphics are very clear, the music is appropriate, and all in all I found it to be a pretty interesting game. What my question is: what is going on lately with these demo's where you don't get your full hour of play? That is a red flag to me, sort of like a mask, telling me the game is so short that if you did get the full hour you wouldn't have to buy it because you probably could finish the game or get really close. Although I liked most aspects of this game, I am going to have to pass based on the length alone. Sorry.

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Apr 23, 10 7:37 AM
tribrach wrote:Am I missing something or can somebody explain why my downloaded zip file is only just over 194 KB's NOT 564 as RyeMcLaughlin has posted? It took no time at all to load, so I'm wondering if there is more to come if I buy the game?

If you look carefully at the download page under the picture on the left, you'll see that there is a file size of 189 MB (not KB as was previously mentioned) for the trial game and 253 MB for the full version. You won't get the larger file until you purchase the game. I am talking about the PC version of the game. The MAC version may have different file sizes altogether.

HTH!

tribrach
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by tribrach on Apr 23, 10 8:23 AM
Thanks for your reply Gentisong, & I bow down before your great knowledge I'm glad that all is now clear.....or is it just that I'm a little thick,....oh well..
It certainly seems that with only 5 chapters (if that is the case) I won't be buying this time.

ojrufee
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by ojrufee on Apr 23, 10 4:31 PM
MissHappiness19 wrote:
sawadee93 wrote:just curious now MissHappiness ..is it a good game ?

Sorry for the delay–– I'm easily distracted by other things.

Yes, it's a good game. It's an iHOG with really good graphics. You watch footage of Amelia Earhart and hear clips with her speaking (these are all from the real Amelia Earhart), then go to areas from her life to do the Hidden Object scene, which is full of interactions (most of which you need an item from another scene) and a few riddle type **** clues. You also investigate scenes that deal with Theories about her disappearance. There are also some puzzles, plus "Flying Lessons," which is essentially a Mastermind type game.

There were a few annoying instances where the object I was looking for wasn't what I had in mind. (e.g The clue was "bow" and I was looking for a hair bow, but it was really a violin bow I needed.) Overall, I found it to be really well done, interesting, educational and fun. It's not at the top of my "to buy" list, but I'll probably buy it sometime in the future.

I hope you enjoy it when it's released for PC! Have a great day!

[b]I hope Fred Noonan is in this game. You can't have anything about her last flight without having Fred there.

Okay, I didn't like the game so I will never know if Fred Noonan got to play a part in it. I am an Amelia Earhart nut so it's too bad that the two recent games on her haven,,t been very good. Sorry for the typo but tht when I write my reply the darn page keeps moving up and down. No, I don't drink.

Edited on 05/08/2010 at 8:47:16 AM PST

fey48
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by fey48 on Apr 26, 10 6:50 PM
I can not open the trial game. Is not the computer. because I opened the others.

Go to: