Bring back the Rankings

[Post New]by FairlyLongLie on Jun 15, 17 9:13 PM
I have been playing Fairway Solitaire for over two years. I love the game and all the multiple challenges. I have been tracking my progress on Cups and Stars relative to other players. At 13,000 I was in the top 3,000 players. But alas, you took away our ability to track our progress in the the Records Stats rankings. Please bring them back!!!!

Lord Dylan Reigns

Edited on 06/15/2017 at 9:15:20 PM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Bring back the Rankings

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 16, 17 10:51 AM
Hi FairlyLongLie,

Welcome to the forums! It is understandable wanting to be able to track your progress on the leader boards in the game. We apologize that these were removed from the game and the Moderation Team has no control over changes made within them. The moderators do have the tools to ensure that your feedback gets passed along and reviewed by the appropriate teams. I've gone ahead and passed the contents of this thread to those teams. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the Active Moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by FairlyLongLie on Jun 18, 17 9:10 PM
Thank you bfgBellerophon.

I appreciate that my post was read by a fellow human being, I also appreciate that you moderators are not the one's making the unilateral changes to the games but that you pass the relevant posts on to those that are making changes to the game we love.

To those with the Power: great job!!! I understand the challenges of upgrading a successful game to make it desirable to new players and maintaining the veterans. The changes to the Great Shots "tiers" and addition of Stamps was wonderful. Again though, I would plead that one of the personal challenges worth tracking for us veteran players was the player ranking stats. I have been at 68 Trophies for a long time and know there have only been 797 people who have been blessed with the Eu de Toilet great shot. I always hoped I would be next.

I understand the possible logic of removing the rankings: new players feel they'll never be able to break into these longevity ranks. But these rankings were a motivation for us long-time players. At least make the rankings available on an on-line page.

Thank you all for the great work you do on this great game. Fairway Solitaire Rocks!!!

Lord Dylan Reigns!!!

Edited on 06/20/2017 at 7:38:47 PM PST

[Post New]by FairlyLongLie on Jun 27, 17 6:28 PM
So... is there a website to view the rankings?

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jun 28, 17 1:01 PM
Hello again FairlyLongLie,

That's an excellent question, and I'm sorry to say that there is not currently a way to view the rankings at this time. I can absolutely provide this reply as a suggestion to have that be available for our players, and if a site is created where rankings are available to look at, we'll be sure to provide it as an announcement for interested players in the forums.

Thanks for the continued feedback and for enjoying the game! Please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators with any further questions. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by FairlyLongLie on Sep 1, 17 9:28 PM
Without the rankings as a motivation to play every day, I rarely play Fairway Solitaire anymore. And I have no inclination to play any other BFG game (if that's what they were hoping we'd do). Way to ruin it BFG.

Dalegribel
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by Dalegribel on Sep 28, 17 9:52 AM
Gotta say, it would be really cool to see this. Though, like any online game, I'm sure it will be dominated by "players" using bots

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 29, 17 7:34 AM
Hi FairlyLongLie and Dalegribel,

It is definitely understandable wanting to be able to see the rankings once more. As stated by myself and my colleague, bfgIlinalta, we will continue to bring this to the attention of the appropriate Fairway Solitaire team. The moderators definitely appreciate your support and we will update the forums if any information is brought to our attention.

bfgBellerophon

Go to: