bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Review for Dream Day Wedding Bella Italia

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 22, 10 5:37 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Dream Day Wedding Bella Italia? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Edited on 04/22/2010 at 5:38:07 AM PST

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Dream Day Wedding Bella Italia

[Post New]by krissywillow on Apr 22, 10 9:56 AM
I demo'd this from another place a while back when everyone here was blabbing about how great it is.

The graphics are very lovely but the items are tiny and I'm just not into hidden object games with tiny items to find, anymore. It's too bad, because I would have liked to continue the game, but I didn't even finish the demo.

No buy.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Apr 22, 10 10:03 AM
I like romantic hogs. But this game has very tine objects, like krissywillow said. I will put in on my maybe-list

Jude_Rigby
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Jude_Rigby on Apr 22, 10 10:33 AM
I've been looking for this game to come here to Big Fish for about a week now. Kinda despairing that I would have to wait far, far longer than that to see it here. So a wonderful surprise to see it today, and I automatically bought it. I cannot wait to play it, as I have loved all the Dream Day games, regardless of the size of the object (as some others have pointed out) it's more of a challenge, so more fun. And of course, gotta love the graphics and being able to plan out a wedding, this time an international wedding, without having to worry too, too much about money!

sandyca
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
450 Posts

[Post New]by sandyca on Apr 22, 10 12:47 PM
Love, love, love the Dream Day Series, so glad the new one is finally here!

REDFIRER
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by REDFIRER on Apr 22, 10 2:38 PM
it is a good game no bug love the different changes is the game just love it

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Apr 22, 10 5:45 PM
I liked the series - UP til now. I think the items are just too small for these eyes. Am kinda getting tired of hog's like this. Mini games are too easy and the hog's are too hard!! LOL hard to please today I guess.

missy12
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,263 Posts

[Post New]by missy12 on Apr 22, 10 6:00 PM
just downloaded it,hope its good like the others

[Post New]by Game_Fearie666 on Apr 22, 10 6:03 PM
Been waiting for this. Hope it's as good as the last ones. About to download and test it now.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Apr 22, 10 8:57 PM
I'm giving this Dream Day a thumbs up just because I think its going to take me years to finish it.- so, replay is a plus....I guess.

I've started 4 games on the most casual level (playing on a 15 inch laptop screen) and I haven't gotten even close to the end before running out of hints. I'll have to see if I do better on my 22inch screen at home when I finish my business trip.

So far, this HOG has seemed like alot of work.

Still I love the basic idea, the graphics and the animation. But the developers outdid themselves this time, obscuring the tiny objects of my hunt,
Well, you can't say its too easy, thats for sure!

anonymiss
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by anonymiss on Apr 22, 10 9:47 PM
I purchased this on another site a few weeks ago (due to the fact that I haven't been thrilled with many of the games from BF lately and was desperate to play something new!). Loved it. Had no problems whatsoever with tiny items - that sort of thing doesn't bother me personally - as long as I can make out the items and they aren't blurry, I'm happy.

This and DDW Las Vegas are actually my favourites in the series (I know some people preferred the first few). Crisp graphics (always a sure-fire purchase for me when games have such lovely graphics) and easy-to-listen-to music made this a winner for me. As I always say, I'm not a fan of romance movies and/or novels, etc, but I do enjoy the DDW series for a bit of light entertainment. Looking forward to the next in the DDW series (which I hope won't be too far off).

[Post New]by Game_Fearie666 on Apr 22, 10 10:13 PM
Played this game, finally, and have no complaints about it. The scenes are beautiful and it's new without losing what I loved about it.
I also sense good replay value, and also the 'experienced player' mode is AWESOME! I haven't tried it yet, but just reading about it makes me excited.

Very happy I used a credit for this. I've been a little ...ugh... about the games, lately, but this one makes me happy again.

The more I play this game, the more I love it.

Edited on 04/23/2010 at 4:50:05 PM PST

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Apr 22, 10 11:36 PM
I've demoed all the other Dream Day games and while they are nice games, I've never been tempted to purchase. This one is different. Of course I'm Italian so that might make a slight difference, lol.

I usually don't care necessarily for romance-type games, but this game has so much going for it that you almost forget the romance. The scenes are beautiful and I like the additions to this DD game. Having to chose what to do or say when people approach is interesting. I've never seen that in a hidden objects game before. Nancy Drew, yes, but not HOGs. The minigames were interesting although there is no instruction on some of them and the only choice is to skip. I would have preferred a little help instead of having to skip completely. I rarely had to use the hints, but they usually were plentiful and you can get more by finding bluebirds in the various scenes.

I loved the background music and the voicing was very pleasant. Overall an enjoyable game. On my buy list for next month. Thanks BF!

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Apr 22, 10 11:38 PM
There are full instructions for all the mini-games in the Blog Walkthrough posted here at Big Fish Games, so if you replay the game you can check there for instructions instead of skipping.

To get to the Blog Walkthrough, just click on the Try this Game link at the top of this page, then click on the link to the Blog Walkthrough.

Robin

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Apr 23, 10 12:22 AM
Absolutely lovely - great game and replay value. I love the crisp graphics! I don't play the earlier ones either anymore cos the graphics asren't as good. Love this series and reckon this is probably the best so far. Though I did buy it from another site cos I couldn't wait!

Edited on 04/23/2010 at 12:22:45 AM PST

frostledge
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by frostledge on Apr 23, 10 10:39 AM
Downloading it now and eager to play it. Will wait and see about the small objects as I do have eye issues myself. I have all the others and do enjoy playing them.

Haven't been pleased with many of the games lately. I have downloaded scores of them, but end up uninstalling them because they don't keep me interested. I hope it isn't the case with this one like it was in the Mystery P.I. series. I have all of those except the newest and am playing the trial but it just seems like the same game with minor variations which isn't challenging anymore. Just nothing grabs me so I am getting very particular about what games I am choosing to buy as I get tired of liking a game, buying it, get to the ending and then feel left like what a joke. Too many of those lately.......

The only thing that has irritated me about this series is after the First Home game, they left me with the impression that the story would continue since they were expecting a baby, so I thought they would be doing one with having the baby. Since then, they have come out with 3 new ones in the series. I guess I'm the type that doesn't like loose ends and likes the story to continue if possible like in Ravenhurst.
I just I am just getting really discerning since I have over 40 HOG games.....

Edited on 04/23/2010 at 10:39:46 AM PST

BabyNurse123
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by BabyNurse123 on Apr 23, 10 4:01 PM
I too am a DDW fan. The graphics are clear and crisp as usual, and the premise of the game is basically fun. The easiest object to find in this installment is the bluebird! Many of the items are far too small and the messy screens with too many random objects strewn about quickly become a chore to sort through. Unless you have a newer, higher resolution monitor, it is difficult to find many objects without using the hint system. I am half way through the demo and haven't decided whether or not I will purchase. I am too tired to continue playing and I know I will become frustrated if I do.....so....maybe tomorrow!? Happy gaming

[Post New]by briteredlips on Apr 24, 10 7:18 AM
Beautiful game with lovely graphics, though they are very small at times. This game is full of variety, no chance of getting bored here. There are three levels of game play, from beginner to the seasoned player, so everyone can be happy. I would say to use your hints wisely, as sometimes items are very difficult to find. All in all a great game to be enjoyed by anyone who likes the Dream Day games!

Eliran
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Eliran on Apr 24, 10 3:02 PM
Just finished playing through the game again; first time I played casual, and second time in the seasoned traveler mode.

Loved it. Beautiful graphics, good atmosphere (charming villa in the Tuscan countryside), unobtrusive but pleasant music (think classical but with some Italian leanings).

I didn't think the objects were any smaller than most HOGs these days. What I particularly enjoyed was that the scenes felt much less junkpile-y than previous DDW games. Don't get me wrong-- there's a lot of stuff, but they're not heaped haphazardly, and the vast majority of them make sense in the scene. In the garden, you're looking for different kinds of flowers. In the shoe store, you're looking for (duh) shoes and handbags of various designs. The villa pantry and refrigerator are stocked full of foodstuffs that you would probably find in a pantry. And on and on.

Mini-games are, for the most part, similar to previous DDW games. The STD minis almost had me pulling my hair out at some points-- I really wish they'd give the option to use a hint in order to find one of the differences. I HATE finding 15 out of 16 differences, and then having to skip the entire puzzle just because I can't find the last one.

Card match minis are typical DDW fare. Piecing together photos got a tad old after a while. The cooking minis were a bit different. I liked the idea of minis involving coloring items, with the stipulation that no two adjacent items could be made the same color; only thing was that they were rather easy. Would have liked those to have been more challenging; as it was, one could complete them with little forethought.

I found it to be overall a very nice, relaxing game in the casual mode. Once in a while it's nice to play something that light and fluffy, and doesn't involve murders or supernatural creatures or even ancient artifacts. It kept me glued to the computer for hours, and enjoying every minute of it.

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on Apr 24, 10 3:48 PM
Was eagerly waiting for this one too. I was not too thrilled by the Las Vegas one, although I loved the others. For me, this one is somewhere in between. I'm Italian too as the fellow Fishy above, and thought the game was very nice. But I wasn't as involved or interested in the story as I was with the first games of the series. The crisis seemed slightly "soft" (I just played the demo so maybe things got more realistic and crisis-like later) and the minigames were far too easy.
The HOG itself was ok, small items but good graphs so I didn't have a very bad time except with a couple of fridge items.
I particularly liked the reference to Boboli garden. It is such a nice place. The graphics were great, as usual. And I love the bluebirds!
Thumbs up.

Edited on 04/24/2010 at 3:50:55 PM PST

Go to: