Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for The Secret Order: Bloodline Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jun 17, 17 12:37 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 06/17/2017 at 9:32:28 AM PST

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for The Secret Order: Bloodline Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by rainworm on Jun 17, 17 5:30 AM
Again a quite exiting adventure for Sarah. Like the game so far (demo) but hesitate to buy, as there is this helper (a monkey). For me: no addition but disturbing gameplay. If I knew, its role were a small one and after the demo the pure adventure goes on.....

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for The Secret Order: Bloodline Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Jun 17, 17 8:48 AM
Good game! Graphics are superb, very colorful, monkey helper is unobtrusive and you don't have to feed or clothe him, collectables and morphs are challenging and fun if you don't forget to look for them, story line is pretty logical if you can believe that there is a cure for all ills somewhere on this earth and we're going to find it. Can't comment on music as I had the sound off. Enjoyed the demo and am currently d/l the purchase. Delighted to have a new quest this morning, unfortunately had already snapped up the previous CE so didn't get to take advantage of of the good sale today on BF.

Happy Gaming!

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jun 17, 17 9:45 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on The Secret Order: Bloodline Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on The Secret Order: Bloodline Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBeruna

petrinov
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by petrinov on Jun 17, 17 10:06 AM
Just to reconfirm what a good game this is. Something to really sink your teeth into! By the way Rainworm - no need to worry about the monkey. Haven't found him to be obtrusive at all. Excellent game finally!!!

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Jun 17, 17 1:03 PM
Thanks! That's what I wanted to know. So I can risk it and enjoy an adventure.....

ppasolvr
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by ppasolvr on Jun 17, 17 1:53 PM
I played the beta version of this game and loved it. But my complaint is, just as the beta, it says there are 2 collectables in the scene where the airplane is, and I only found one, and it only shows one in the strategy guide. What's up with that?

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Jun 17, 17 3:17 PM
I can't express how annoying the idea of a monkey helper is.

I don't like the concept that monkeys are cute because they are absolutely not ---- they can be and are usually extremely vicious, cause irreparable damage to humans and property, and are quite filthy. So the idea of this particular "helper" is especially repulsive. It wasn't cute for Mr. Reagan in the Bonzo movies in days gone by, and it isn't cute in casual games today. If I want to be entertained by a monkey, I'll go to the zoo.
But I am put off by the idea of "cutesy helpers" whatever manifestation they take. I really thought developers were starting to move past that silly, obtrusive, pandering, and outdated concept.

Accordingly, when I saw that, I knew it was no game for me. Come on, devs, put that "helper" concept in the game dumpster where it belongs.

(I'm sure that there will be someone who has to tell how cute the helpers are ---- good for those that think so ---- they are just not for me because I am really not looking for cute and precious in my games. And, that, of course, is nothing more than my personal opinion.)

petrinov
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by petrinov on Jun 17, 17 5:36 PM
The monkey plays such a slim part in the game it's ridiculous that it's there, so you don't have to worry about dealing with the monkey.

demon13
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by demon13 on Jun 17, 17 11:06 PM
Wait, It is a game,,Not a true story,,I like the little helpers,And some other people like them too, I don't like fragmented games so I don't buy them.Simple. I don't complain as I know you can't please everyone, [Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 06/20/2017 at 3:35:34 PM PST

demon13
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by demon13 on Jun 17, 17 11:14 PM
Well only review I have seen so far is complaints about the helper, What about the game? Collectables, chapters,the story ? Anything?

nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Jun 18, 17 12:10 AM
demon13: I myself found the demo to be somewhat plodding. The graphics I'd say are about average, but they decline in quality in the HO scenes, which makes them less enjoyable to me. HO scenes have had varying degrees of interaction. Mini-games have varied in terms of degree of difficulty, which is nice, but there was one I found very annoying, as your view of what you need to see to solve it is blocked. Collectibles include small "figures" (statuettes?), posters, & morphing objects. The storyline is apparently save-your-mom-plus-the-world. The monkey hasn't done much yet, so who knows. How's that?

demon13
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by demon13 on Jun 18, 17 9:17 PM
nextgengranny wrote:demon13: I myself found the demo to be somewhat plodding. The graphics I'd say are about average, but they decline in quality in the HO scenes, which makes them less enjoyable to me. HO scenes have had varying degrees of interaction. Mini-games have varied in terms of degree of difficulty, which is nice, but there was one I found very annoying, as your view of what you need to see to solve it is blocked. Collectibles include small "figures" (statuettes?), posters, & morphing objects. The storyline is apparently save-your-mom-plus-the-world. The monkey hasn't done much yet, so who knows. How's that?
Thank you so much,Sounds like a good game.

Ratwek
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Ratwek on Jun 19, 17 5:09 AM
Thank you demon13! I also like the helpers, cute or not so cute. Bought the game.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jun 19, 17 5:02 PM
Hi all! Well, I believe we have #6 in this series. Yes, I have all of them, but not all are the CE version. The graphics are excellent, with very few exceptions of a slight blur in close up scenes. The animation is exceptional. Colors are very bright and clear. Voice overs are age and character appropriate, with some emotion thrown in for a little more realism. Not as much dialog and character interaction as there could be, but maybe it picks up as the game progresses. Music is very soothing with a few drums thrown in for affect. Sound FX are very well done, with wonderful jungle sounds. There is a helpful little monkey that comes along early in the game, but he is very quiet and doesn't jump around when not in use. He only helps with the higher out of reach areas. They did fix the size of the print in this version. Last game, the print was quite small.

HOPs are a very nice combination of interactive and straight lists, highlighted words, silhouettes and find this part and use it here to get something else. Very nice combination. HOPs are fairly clean and items are not difficult to find. I did not see that you could switch to something else if you didn't care for the HOPs. Puzzles were nothing new and not difficult to complete. It didn't seem like there were as many HOPs or puzzles in this game, as in the previous games in this series, but still enough action to keep you moving. You do a lot of back-tracking in this game as well, and I did not see a transport feature. For the most part, you don't back track too far at a time. The jump map is helpful and areas are marked with their name and if there is an objective. Hint system is quite helpful when you need it and actually gives you a hint, rather than "move on."

Not many collectibles, but you do need to find morphing objects, which are not as easy to spot as you may think, and seem to be in every scene. You also find "collectibles," which all seem to be something similar to a hand carved animal of various types. These can be any color and are not difficult to find. No, there isn't one in every scene, so don't forget to look for them. I see that we also need to find posters, which are not listed in the strategy guide...at least, not in the demo version. Quite large, quite easy to find, and very easy to forget to pick up. Nothing spectacular, but okay.

This story was a little different and I found it interesting. It sort of draws you in from the beginning. Even though this game is not really challenging, I did like the story and I find the need to play it out and see where it goes. I don't give 5 stars easily. A game has to be exceptional in every aspect, and this one fell a bit short, mostly because of the simple collectibles and the need for something a little extra. Even at that, I gave it a 4.0. I think all levels of players will like this one. Yes, I am going to add this CE to my collection.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jun 20, 17 3:40 PM
Hello Everyone!

Thanks so much for your constructive participation in this forum. We welcome your feedback, positive and otherwise, regarding The Secret Order: Bloodline Collector's Edition. I'm just swimming by to request that all reviews posted in this thread adhere to the aforementioned rules. The Forum Moderation Team really appreciates your help with this as well as your contributions. If any questions or concerns arise, please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active moderators. We're always happy to help.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by nanatsunade on Jun 22, 17 11:50 PM
What review??? I can't even play the game. Every time I try to play the demo, I get an error message for some kind of access violation! I've tried uninstalling, then re-installing the demo, to no avail. Really, this sucks. Good thing I didn't buy it!!

kandinsky
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

Problems with the story

[Post New]by kandinsky on Jun 23, 17 12:59 PM
Im not going to write a proper review...I enjoyed
playing it through and there were some beautiful scenes...
but I wish makers could put their minds to making the
suspension of disbelief easier.
one is as usual saving the world from a bad person
and rescuing someone near and dear and through it all
traveling through empty spaces with virtually no other
humans except one or two who appear and disappear
leaving one in the empty world of most of these games
where for reasons beyond imagining every door can only
be opened by finding all sorts of elements to make
a key or a symbol...
and doing this by going back and forth looking in places
absolutely not intuitive etc
I would say that games where one feels this absurdity
of the plot less are better games and games like this even
as one plays through make me sense with a sigh why
I play and review less than I did in the past...

Edited on 06/23/2017 at 7:33:26 PM PST

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jul 13, 17 7:00 AM
Sarah Pennington is a modern day Time Traveler with The Order of the Griffins, a secret organization her father founded. Her mother joined the Order to protect the helpless, and volunteered her medical services in the Amazon basin, her mission....sabotage! The Order was created to thwart the nefarious deeds of it's nemesis, The Dragon Clan. Sarah's mother has been searching the Amazon for a flower of miracles, a flower that if possessed by the wrong person, would become a deadly flower, she has been searching for The Flower of Life, a flower that cures ALL illness! Looks like Sarah is back on the job, because the Dragon Clan has kidnapped mom, they will return her unharmed in exchange for the flower of life. We're about to find out what will happen if the Flower of Life falls into the wrong hands!

Hold on to your computer chair folks, this is going to be an amazing Amazon adventure! The graphics are stunning, I loved every second of this game, the sights the sounds, the beautiful Amazon wildlife and the abundance of Collectible Animals and all those morphing Amazon critters. Eventually you will take possession of a Cube artifact which will give you special powers after playing a mini game, and I believe there are 3 different "powers" to use throughout the game. A small monkey takes a liking to you, and he will assist you when you need something that's too high to reach, but he's realistic and unobtrusive and at least in the demo, he's not annoying in any way.

Where has The Secret Order been hiding lately? (apparently the Amazon) This series is fantastic, but it's hard to keep up with the storyline when they take so long in between releases, New Horizon was released in December of 2011, then we waited for 2 years before Masked Intent was released March 2013. Ancient Times followed in it's footstep a year later in April of 2014, Beyond Time the following year March 2015, and last game was released in May of 2016, The Buried Kingdom. I guess all that waiting has paid off, because they took the time to get it right, and this is a definite buy for me.

The Hidden Object Scenes mostly Silhouetted Shape finds, some are the Progressive Interactive ones, but there are also the standard Listed item finds, and one scene where you are tasked with finding items and following instructions that mom gives you. If you're not into HOP's, there is a Pair Matching game to play instead.

The Mini Games are plentiful, and so far, none of them seem too difficult to solve. Below are brief descriptions of some of the games you'll encounter during the demo:

1) Follow ingredient clues, mix to achieve the correct color, then use a 5 oz. and 3 oz. beaker to achieve the correct amounts of each color.

2) To use the cube's power. move the lens around the scene to reveal and select each symbol shown on the lens frame to reveal hidden places.

3) Recreate the colored symbols from the paper by using the colored wires to connect two different shapes that when combined will form the correct symbols.

4) Escape the burning plane by interacting with the scene.

5) Enter the correct combination by first solving the match equations and applying those color coded sums.

6) Put the discs into their correct places by swapping tiles.

7) Find the object that matches the keywords in a story and then place those items correctly.

This Collector's Edition has 7 Collectible Poster Magazines by Dale Kingsley, 7 Collectible Parrot statues, 7 Collectible Alligators statues, 7 Collectible Panthers statues, 7 Collectible Chameleon statues, 24 Achievements to earn (12 skill based-12 story based), 20 Morphing Objects to discover, replayable Mini Games and Hidden Object Scenes, 15 Wallpapers, 9 Soundtracks, a built in Strategy Guide and a Bonus Adventure, enjoy!

ShaunaPSmith
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by ShaunaPSmith on Jul 16, 17 4:52 PM
TOO EASY. Period. Graphics don't make a game great, IMO. I wish they would rate these games based on age appropriateness, like for "Ages 5 and Up". I would avoid those.

This one seriously missed the mark on making things challenging. And when it WAS challenging (one or two times) it was because something just didn't make sense. Honestly some of the mini puzzles were just matching games. I was so disappointed.

And then you get to the Bonus Chapter (thankfully there was one because the main part of the game ended way too soon and abruptly), and this gem/circles puzzle is ridiculously hard. Why not find some middle ground? Who designs this stuff??

Disappointed. Bleh.

Go to: