Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Forgotten Fairy Tales: The Spectra World here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jun 18, 17 12:33 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 06/18/2017 at 8:14:28 AM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Forgotten Fairy Tales: The Spectra World here.

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jun 18, 17 8:15 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help. Checking out the help articles in Big Fish Games Help is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.[/color]

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgIlinalta

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Forgotten Fairy Tales: The Spectra World here.

[Post New]by gramm50 on Jun 18, 17 10:04 AM
On both the CE and the SE of this game, the sound goes off and stays off after approximately 25 mins of play. Has anyone else reported this? I have never had an issue like this with any other game. I am using Windows 10.

Edited on 06/18/2017 at 10:12:52 AM PST

[Post New]by regalcanary2 on Jun 18, 17 2:35 PM
No problems in the main game, but right at the start of the bonus chapter, I cannot get the bracelet to light up at the basilisk in order to even choose an orb. Suggestions?

geniegal
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by geniegal on Jun 20, 17 8:13 AM
I downloaded the trial version of this game. As I started to play, the tutorial directed me to the objectives screen. I cannot get the screen to close. Even closing the game and restarting, I still cannot get that screen to close. I have clicked the red X and elsewhere on the screen, but I am stuck.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jun 20, 17 12:50 PM
Hello Everyone,

I'm sorry to here this game isn't running properly and want to see what can be done to fix this.

gramm50: Since it sounds like the audio has stopped working, I would suggest running the standard version game or the Collector's Edition with administrator permissions. In some cases, an operating system may not give a PC game or other program the necessary permissions to work as it should. This might result in the game not starting or running properly, or not being able to keep saved game progress. Enabling the option to run the game as administrator may help.

For instructions about how to run the game with administrator permissions, please see the help page below.

Run Game as Administrator

regalcanary2: Running your game with administrator permissions might also fix whatever's preventing the bracelet from lighting up. Sometimes, when a game won't work, checking to see whether the computer's video card driver is up to date can be helpful too. For further instructions, please see the help page below.

geniegal: I would also suggest checking your computer's video card driver and updating it if a new version is available. Running your game with administrator permissions might also prevent the game from freezing. More troubleshooting options can be found on the help page above.

If these suggestions don't resolve the troubles, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to provide more help.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. If more questions or concerns arise, please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the Active Moderators. We're here to provide help and to listen.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by etosha58 on Jun 20, 17 9:20 PM
Hi, I cannot get either the SE or the CE of this game to open at all! I contacted BF who suggested this forum to see if anyone else has had a similar problem? I play games on PC with Windows 10 and have never had a problem like this before despite buying many games over the years from Big Fish. I uninstalled/reinstalled the SE but no different result...when I click the Play button the screen flickers for a second and then changes to the screen that says the bit about last game played. Any ideas?

[Post New]by marblesfree on Jun 21, 17 3:11 AM
ive got the same problem

[Post New]by MeezerMom2 on Jun 21, 17 8:04 AM
I am also having a problem opening the game. Same thing, it flickers, then won't open. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing, but it doesn't help. Other games are running fine.

[Post New]by MeezerMom2 on Jun 21, 17 8:34 AM
I just tried uninstalling the game manager and re-installing it, and the game opened right up. Hope this helps someone else

[Post New]by etosha58 on Jun 21, 17 10:14 AM
I tried uninstalling the game manager and reinstalling but it has not helped at all. All other games are playing fine, including a new game installed since this one. Might just have to accept that this fairy tale will not be told! :-)

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Jun 21, 17 11:15 AM
Try this, it has worked for a lot of people with issues opening games.

For anyone having trouble opening game and using Windows 10, maybe give this a go. It's worth a try.

gail854 wrote:
I found this by accident on The Forgotten Fairytales forum but it worked for me. Change your screen resolution to something smaller, like 1680x1050, open the game and close it. Change the resolution back to original and open the game again. It worked for me on both games as neither would open but do now. Hope it helps.

-Remember that you can change the resolution back to your normal setting, and play the game in it, once you have opened and closed it in the lower one.
Good luck,
Sazoria.

[Post New]by eltont on Jun 21, 17 5:58 PM
regalcanary2 wrote:No problems in the main game, but right at the start of the bonus chapter, I cannot get the bracelet to light up at the basilisk in order to even choose an orb. Suggestions?

Same here. The bracelet icon shows, but that is it. It does not work. What can be done? I've tried changing screen resolutions and other options. The Hint button is also out of commission. I am running the Mac version of the game.

Edited on 06/21/2017 at 5:59:31 PM PST

[Post New]by raczac on Jun 24, 17 1:32 AM
I am having the same trouble as etosha58. My screen wiggles like the it is going to switch to the game and then big fish screen comes open again and I can not get to the game.

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Jun 24, 17 4:52 AM
@raczac
Please see my previous post 2 before yours that shows a solution for people who have issues with games not opening with windows 10.
It has worked for many people so I would definitely recommend you giving it a try.
Good luck

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jun 27, 17 4:11 PM
Hello Everyone!

Thanks for your patience and to those who've reached out to provide troubleshooting assistance. I'm swimming by to offer more support.

When a PC game won't open, we recommend checking that the computer's video card driver is up to date. Running the game with administrator permissions can also fix the trouble. Both processes allow the computer to interact more smoothly with the game, and I've included help pages with those instructions below.

Run Game as Administrator

If a Mac game won't open or freezes, then updating the software on the computer can resolve what's causing the troubles. I've included a help page with those instructions below, too.

Mac Game Troubleshooting

Please contact our Technical Support Team if those steps don't resolve the troubles. They'll be able to provide more assistance.

Thanks for your understanding and please PM me or another active Moderator if any more questions arise. We're here to listen and to help. Happy gaming.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by MysteriousMoods on Jul 2, 17 1:02 PM
A lot of people with Windows 10 are having gaming problems
They recommend that you go into your Display settings lower the Screen Resolution
Launch the game then go and change it back to the original setting.

I changed mine without having to launch the game when it asked me if I wanted to keep that setting I clicked no and it worked like magic.

I was able to play my game, I hope this helps.

[Post New]by 100tries on Jul 13, 17 4:29 PM
MeezerMom2 wrote:I am also having a problem opening the game. Same thing, it flickers, then won't open. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing, but it doesn't help. Other games are running fine.

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Jul 13, 17 4:51 PM
@100tries
Please see my previous post.

[Post New]by LPNmermaid723 on Jul 26, 17 3:59 PM
I recently bought the game and cannot play it. It blinks and thanks me for playing. Please help, I have windows 10. out of all the games I have bought only 2 will not play.

Go to: