Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for The Forgotten Fairy Tales: The Spectra World here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jun 18, 17 12:35 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 06/18/2017 at 8:13:53 AM PST

caput
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for The Forgotten Fairy Tales: The Spectra World here.

[Post New]by caput on Jun 18, 17 5:26 AM
Is this a new game? I am sure I have played it before.

leacraw
Shark
Shark
14,048 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for The Forgotten Fairy Tales: The Spectra World here.

[Post New]by leacraw on Jun 18, 17 5:39 AM
caput wrote:Is this a new game? I am sure I have played it before.

This is the standard edition. Perhaps you played the collectors edition?

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jun 18, 17 5:42 AM
caput, you are here since 2010 and may have noticed during this time that there are quite often Collector's Editions and Standard Editions (this one) of the "same" game.
The link to the CE version is on the DL page of the SE, so you can check there.

It could also be that you played a beta version, if there was one.

And, did you like what you played?

Edited on 06/18/2017 at 5:42:36 AM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jun 18, 17 8:13 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on The Forgotten Fairy Tales: The Spectra World here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on The Forgotten Fairy Tales: The Spectra World.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our active Moderators. We're all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Jun 18, 17 4:21 PM
I wasn't planning on reviewing this game here in the forums; I submitted a review to the sales page over 12 hours ago, & had planned to leave it at that. But I see that review hasn't been posted yet, & no one's commenting here, so I'll do a "quickie". I rated this game 2.5 stars, mainly because the mini-games were so simplistic, I didn't feel as though I'd even played any. I thought the HO scenes were better done, w/ some variety & a little difficulty, but it's worth noting that the difficulty is often the result of objects being tiny. The storyline is another save-a-world-or-two variant; the characters encountered thus far have been interesting, but interactions w/ them have tended to be short-lived. Graphics were mostly good, imo; some areas were on the drear side, but that generally seemed in keeping w/ the story. Normally a game like this wouldn't rate w/ me at all, but there's something in the overall flavor of it that entices me, so I imagine I'll get this when there's a sale on or I have a coupon to blow. I do think the dev will have to up the quality of the gameplay, etc. going forward if they want this series to be a success.

[Post New]by SHAUNALEEDEAN on Jun 22, 17 10:09 PM
LOVED this game ,, was perfect for me , only wish it was bigger and longer , , i haven't bought a game for quite some time because thay all look the same but i had a look at this one just by chance and realy liked it , so i played the free part first just to make shore , then i bought it , it didn't let me down , realy realy enjoyed it ,, thank you

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jul 13, 17 6:58 AM
You can't always judge a book by it's cover, and you can't always judge a game by its demo. (although it's a really good indication) Throughout the years I've learned by experience, that a bad game demo isn't always a harbinger of a bad game in its entirety. When I played the demo of the Collector's Edition, I wasn't all that impressed, but I also didn't think the demo was as bad as some gamers perceived it. For me, the demo was just an average story with average features, certainly nothing to write home about. I decided to purchase the CE version during a BOGO sale and I finished playing the game. I actually found that the game improved almost immediately after the demo ended. Yes, The Forgotten Fairytales has a storyline that's easily forgotten, yes it's a rather strange game, yes it's an easy game with easy puzzles, and yes the plot is basically the same as all the other fairytale stories out there. On the other hand, no it's not a horrible game, and no the storyline isn't as predictable as you might think, I did enjoy playing the game, there just weren't any wow factors. If you like fairytale games, you'll probably like this one as well, as long as you don't mind that it's not a challenging game. Here's a recap of my original review, so you can decide which version best suits your desires:
If Fear For Sale got together with Lost Lands, this is what their offspring game would look like. The graphics at times, are almost foggy in appearance and I'm not sure if this was a particular fairy tale look they were going for, or they didn't have a large enough budget and cut some corners in the graphics department. The biggest mistake they made however, was with the storyline. If you have played a lot of HOPA games, you'll notice that they have used bits and pieces of other games. For starters, there's the Orb Eyeballs, minions of evil, that have been in several different games, with and without eyeballs. Mom is a professor (granted they aren't usually Folklore professors) and has been "chosen" as guardian of the portal (Lost Lands) Hubby and daughter are in peril and turning into stone (Surface, Myths of the World and just about every other series games) Otherworldly Bracelet that give mom super powers (probably easier to list the games who don't have a magical bracelet but how about Echos of the Past: Wolf Healer)
The Bottom line is, that this is a brand new entry in the HOPA genre. I found the game to be easy, but not necessarily boring. I bought this game, because I want to play this new series through. I really think that if given a chance, this series could pick up the pace and make a better attempt at originality, with a "fairytale" theme, the possibilities are endless.
The Hidden Object Scenes are mostly Interactive List finds, but some items are fairly well hidden. There are also several Zoom Zone scenes where you have to find 5 items hidden in the background scene while the zoom zone is open, just like in Witches Legacy and Fear For Sale. My favorite scene was also the most challenging, where you were tasked with finding items that match the Keywords during a story. I will admit that some of the logical item matches were hard to find in a black and white sketch. If you're not into HOP's, there is an alternate Puzzle where you swap and rotate triangle puzzle pieces to complete the image.
The Mini Games are fairly easy, and again, forgettable and not original. The following are brief descriptions of some of the games you'll encounter during the demo:
1) Repeat the sequence by clicking on color coded arrows.
2) Use a scope to aim at the targets.
3) Use the symbol code decipher to spell the word Spectra.
4) Slide horizontal and vertical blocks to clear a path for the amber block to exit.
5) Swap items on the doorknockers to match the examples shown.
6) Mix primary colors to make the required secondary colors, you can match the symbols but they are easy colors, purple, green....
7) Find and place missing items into the scene correctly.
8) Follow directions to make a drum.
9) Lead a character through a labyrinth avoiding obstacles.
The Collector's Edition has 9 Wallpapers, 11 Concept Art pictures, 3 Screensavers, 3 Music Soundtracks, 10 Achievements to earn, 18 Bestiary collectibles, 6 collectible Feathers, 40 Light Crystals that are used to cleanse the Room of Spectra History to learn the secrets of the Spectra World, a built in Strategy Guide and a Bonus Chapter, enjoy!

Go to: