rgogescu
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

A small starting guide

[Post New]by rgogescu on Jun 19, 17 11:55 AM
Hello all,

I am Raul, the developer of this game.

It seams some of you are experiencing some issues in the first minutes of the game so I made a small guide here. No spoilers.

1. Start a new game, watch the intro and then you will play the first tutorial card game. It's easy to complete.

2. After that, another portion of the story is revealed and a second tutorial card game will be available to play.

3. As soon as you finish the first 2 levels, the town is revealed. Now, before continuing you must build the first building: General Store. You already have enough gold for that.

4. Immediately the General Store is build the PLAY button is available (bottom-right of the screen). Pressing it will bring up the Level select window. From here you can select a level to play.

5. A few levels into the game, you will be able to build the Shopping Cart and the Match-3 features will be unlocked together with the in-game shop. From time to time a match-3 level is available but you do not have to play it if you dont want. You can simply skip it.

6. Every new building opens a new chapter into the game and you must complete all the levels in order to progress.

Have fun and good luck.

Raul

Edited on 06/19/2017 at 11:57:14 AM PST

cabanaeast18
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

Re:A small starting guide

[Post New]by cabanaeast18 on Jun 20, 17 6:43 AM
Raul, thanks for your advice. I like every part of this game, but how do I know when I can bring people to the town? It says I need 40 hats but where and when can I get that new settler?

Thank you, again
Pat

rgogescu
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by rgogescu on Jun 20, 17 7:45 AM
Hi Pat,

I already responded in the other post, but I will also leave this here: for every new star you receive after a solitaire game, one citizen will move in.

cabanaeast18
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by cabanaeast18 on Jun 20, 17 7:58 AM
Thanks,rgogescu! Just didn't see them. I'd better look again! Enjoy!

Pat

cabanaeast18
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by cabanaeast18 on Jun 20, 17 9:29 AM
Help again. Ha, ha! I would LOVE to be able to read all the neat bits of information, but they disappear too fast! Will you be able to slow that down so that we can read it.......maybe in an update?

rgogescu
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by rgogescu on Jun 20, 17 2:21 PM
Hi cabanaeast18,

I am glad you like the game. Yeah, it seems we did not left enough time in loading screens and some of you cannot read all the fun facts.

Unfortunately an update will not be available to soon so here are the texts:

The face cards as we know them (King, Queen, Jack, and Ace) originated in medieval Rouen, France, but the costumes are that of the English court of Henry VII.

The four suits familiar in England and North America (hearts, diamonds, clubs and spades) originated directly from France. In Germany the suits are hearts, bells, leaves and acorns. In Spain and Italy the suits are batons, coins, swords, and cups.

People have been playing cards in North America since Columbus came ashore in 1492.

During the early days of English settlement in the 1600’s, playing cards were referred to as “devil’s books,” because playing cards usually meant gambling would be involved. Early colonial authorities tried in vain to stop the settlers from playing cards.

Until the mid 1800’s, playing cards had blank backs so that they could be used as calling cards.
The first paper currency in North America was printed on the blank backs of playing cards by the French of Quebec in 1685.

During the Revolutionary War, the leadership of both sides grew concerned over the card games being played by their men-a great distraction to the task at hand.

Ben Franklin printed playing cards at his printing press shop in the 1700’s. Printing the popular playing cards was a lucrative endeavor at the time.

The joker originated from the game of Euchre in the Americas. It was introduced into the standard playing card deck in Europe by poker playing Americans in the 1800’s.
In 2003, the largest playing card collection in the world, assembled by Albert Field who was famous for archiving Salvador Dali’s works, was donated to Columbia University. It consists of over 6,000 packs of cards from many time periods and countries.

kore21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by kore21 on Jun 20, 17 4:01 PM
hello. are we supposed to be seeing a town being built? i have been building the town buildings but there is nothing there except a dark blue background. all the buy building & play icons appear on it & work, but i see no town.

moonryu
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by moonryu on Jun 22, 17 7:46 AM
Thank you 'rgogescu' for posting all the fun card facts texts

Very interesting and much appreciated

cabanaeast18
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by cabanaeast18 on Jun 22, 17 11:30 AM
I'm thanking you, also, rgogescu! I'm going to copy those facts down! Also, my family and workers and friends played cards, including euchre.

Have a wonderful day!
Pat

Tam5115
Clownfish
Clownfish
932 Posts

[Post New]by Tam5115 on Jun 27, 17 4:19 PM
Although the game runs slowly when you are in town, I've kept playing. The hotel was the last build, but there are still buildings unfinished in the town.

It seemed as though you could continue to play and find items (the axe was the last I found) it just stopped with the view on the wood shop. No play button etc. nothing but the image.

What is supposed to happen? Is this really the end?

Go to: