Andovape
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

Puzzle Pieces

[Post New]by Andovape on Jun 19, 17 1:42 PM
I have finished the game and picked up all the puzzle pieces but the game won't let me play the extra levels. Is this a problem, or is it something that was only available on the collector's edition (so why have it in the SE?)?

Thanks!

chigal012
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

Re:Puzzle Pieces

[Post New]by chigal012 on Jun 22, 17 2:59 AM
Are you talking about the "puzzle" levels, where you complete a puzzle? I haven't finished the game yet, but I was able to play the first puzzle level after I collected all the pieces in the first section (the first 10 levels). I'm playing the SE.

Edit: I just noticed there are some other extra levels, which are not numbered. I was also able to play those once I had completed all levels in the corresponding section. The mouseover hint says you need to have the puzzle pieces to play them, but this doesn't make sense. The puzzle pieces are used in the puzzle levels, so there must be some other requirement for these extra level. Perhaps you need to complete all other levels with 3 stars.

Edit 2: ok, I tried a few things and it seems that in order to be able to do the extra levels, you must have complete the corresponding puzzle levels. So the order is:
1. complete the regular levels in a section, collecting all the puzzle pieces
2. complete the actual puzzle level
3. complete the extra (un-numbered) level.

Edited on 06/23/2017 at 12:05:09 AM PST

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Jun 25, 17 8:33 PM
There are numerous errors with this game whether CE or SE. I

1. The puzzle pieces do not register even though you’ve picked them up and
2. The pieces and 3 stars do not register in Alicia’s room.

Therefore, you are unable to play the UP and AWAY puzzle room and if it’s not completed you can access the bonus level at the ends of every 10 levels.

[Post New]by Noonayah on Jun 26, 17 11:40 AM
Is there more than one piece on each level?

Edited on 06/26/2017 at 11:40:59 AM PST

julesyhedgehog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by julesyhedgehog on Jun 27, 17 4:22 AM
Noonayah wrote:Is thereN more than one piece on each level?

No, one piece per level, 10 puzzle pieces per location.

julesy

juiceylane
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by juiceylane on Jul 2, 17 12:01 PM
I deleted my previous post regarding the puzzle pieces because I started a new game and found that if I did actually find the piece in all the levels I was able to play the bonus levels as noted by chigal012:
Edit 2: ok, I tried a few things and it seems that in order to be able to do the extra levels, you must have complete the corresponding puzzle levels. So the order is:
1. complete the regular levels in a section, collecting all the puzzle pieces
2. complete the actual puzzle level
3. complete the extra (un-numbered) level.

One thing I found confusing was that the spot on the map that represents a level shows a puzzle piece if that piece was not found. If the puzzle piece has been found, there is no piece on the marker. This feature seems to be the only reliable indication that the piece has been found.

Edited on 07/03/2017 at 6:07:53 PM PST

[Post New]by miniwench on Jul 6, 17 12:12 PM
I've yet to see a single puzzle piece and am already on Level 23. Any suggestions or hints? Do you have to do something special to find them? Are they just hidden in the scene and you click on it? What?! Please help!

growlybear1
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by growlybear1 on Jul 24, 17 8:55 PM
I completed level 40 and I never found a puzzle piece. where are they? what do they look like?

Don

julesyhedgehog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by julesyhedgehog on Jul 25, 17 4:01 AM
growlybear1 wrote:I completed level 40 and I never found a puzzle piece. where are they? what do they look like?

Don

It looks just like a jigsaw puzzle piece. It's located right beneath the mine cart.

julesy

growlybear1
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by growlybear1 on Aug 7, 17 12:37 PM
I went back and restarted. Every completed level on the map has a puzzle piece on it. What does this mean?

growlybear

julesyhedgehog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by julesyhedgehog on Aug 7, 17 4:04 PM
If you collect all the puzzle pieces in each location, then click on the circle at the end of the location to put a picture together with the puzzle pieces. It then opens a bonus level.

julesy

jhlipton
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by jhlipton on Dec 17, 17 8:20 PM
I'm up to level 23 and I think I have puzzle pieces from each level, but nothing happens when I click the puzzle location on either island 1-10 or 11-20.

No level shows a puzzle piece on the map.

Any ideas?

Go to: