Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for 12 Labours of Hercules VII: Fleecing the Fleece Collector's Edition.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jun 20, 17 12:42 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 06/20/2017 at 7:18:21 AM PST

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for 12 Labours of Hercules VII: Fleecing the Fleece Collector's Edit

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Jun 20, 17 7:18 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on 12 Labours of Hercules VII: Fleecing the Fleece Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on 12 Labours of Hercules VII: Fleecing the Fleece Collector's Edition.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgLianorm

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for 12 Labours of Hercules VII: Fleecing the Fleece Collector's Edit

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jun 20, 17 8:54 AM
I'm amazed they've made 7 of this series; I lasted 31 of the 60 minute demo and some of that was spent watching the tennis. These have to be the most excruciatingly boring TM games I've ever played; there's zero challenge and the game seems to consist of repetitive tasks with no thought needed. Graphics are bright and colourful but that's the best I can say.

I don't want to spend an entire game just picking stuff up but that's all you seem to do; there's an occasional building to construct here and there but otherwise it's just pick up food, pick up wood etc. etc. You can look for a puzzle piece if you want something to break up the monotony but they're not hard to find. Otherwise it's just one repetitive task after another.

I did buy the first two Hercules games when they were still a bit of a novelty but I never bought any more. This is a series that lost it's appeal long ago; I find the Rescue Team series to be far more challenging and fun to play.

No technical issues in the short time I played. Desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit.

nivlem007
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by nivlem007 on Jun 21, 17 3:22 AM
I have all of the collections of these games and I find this one to be the best as they have improved it with a few things and it is a little different from the others. I am using Win 10 on PC and no problems at all. I like this game and bought it straight away.

[Post New]by Sapphirain on Jun 22, 17 12:09 PM
I liked this game. I only played in casual, so I got gold every level. I saw no tech issues and was able to play every level. I liked the story line (though it is not accurate in regards to mythology). This is a classic time management game and it was fun. It only took me about 12 hours to play all together. I have all the others in the series and this was fun. I liked the "end credit scene" as it gives us a possibility of another in the series. I usually don't buy the collector's edition, but since I know I liked the series, i bought straight away. I liked the changes from the others, in regards to the hidden objects in the bonus areas. Thanks for the entertainment.

julesyhedgehog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by julesyhedgehog on Jul 1, 17 4:13 PM
I am with angelfish106. I have acquired maybe 2 of the 12 Labours of Hercules games, but to me, they are incredibly boring TM games. I will play the trials, but that's it. I don't think they are worthy of a credit, let alone 2 credits for a Collector's Edition. Just my opinion and I know others love this game series.

julesy

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jul 9, 17 5:53 PM
I tried the demo figuring they'd have added something new because the past several of this series have been incredibly boring.
Guess what? Just a few minutes ago, about 40 minutes into the free hour I fell asleep while playing.
There's just repetition of tasks, no thought to put into anything, no strategy or creativity or anything.

I'd consider perhaps POSSIBLY buying the standard version of this but not for a long, long time & not for more than $3.00.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jul 12, 17 6:37 PM
Jason and Hercules have yet another adventure to embark upon, Fleecing the Fleece! Before this dynamic duo can steal the fleece from the land of Colchis, they must build a boat to cross the treacherous sea, and defeat a powerful dragon!
Number seven isn't a charm in my opinion, for whatever reason, I just didn't think this one was as much fun, and even though the synopsis states that the graphics are in stunning HD, but I didn't notice anything spectacular.
There are three different modes of difficulty, Relaxed, Casual and expert, and every level that is completed within Gold Time, will reveal a part of the Magic castle. Each level has a puzzle piece to find which looks like an ancient rune tile, which allows you to assemble 5 different puzzles. I always look for the puzzle piece before clicking on anything which starts the game, that way I don't forget about the puzzle piece or waste time searching for it. You can replay any of the levels to try to get a better score or if you forgot the puzzle piece. There are 20 Achievements or Trophies to earn for tasks such as collecting a resource after completing the level tasks, completing the level without using bonuses or finding 10 puzzle pieces. As you progress, different bonuses are made available that can be used each time the meter refills, such as more Resources, or Faster workers, but the effects are only temporary.
There are the usual tasks of building and upgrading farms, sawmills, goldmines, and even outposts that house workers that are far from home, clearing and repairing paths, and collecting food. Each task requires a certain amount of resources to complete and when you scan over a task, the requirements needed are shown as well as the resources you are lacking to complete the task. You can click on several tasks to have the workers complete, a checkmark will appear on the item for every available worker, and flags will queue the rest in numerical order until a worker is free. In Relaxed and Casual modes, the tasks available are circled in green, yellow indicates you will be able to complete the task once the resources collected are delivered to the base camp, red indicates the item is either blocked or you don't have enough available resources. Hercules is the go to guy for removing things no mere mortal could accomplish, (and there's always an abundance of boulders and landslides in every game of the 12 Labours series) and his wife Megara, takes care of the saplings.
This Collector's Edition has 9 Wallpapers, 20 (to the best of my knowledge) Trophies or Achievements to earn, (which can be viewed on the level map) Collectible Puzzle Pieces, Puzzles to complete once all the pieces have been collected, a built in Strategy Guide, and Bonus Level chapters, enjoy!

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jul 13, 17 10:01 AM
Jason and Hercules have yet another adventure to embark upon, Fleecing the Fleece! Before this dynamic duo can steal the fleece from the land of Colchis, they must build a boat to cross the treacherous sea, and defeat a powerful dragon!
Number seven isn't a charm in my opinion, for whatever reason, I just didn't think this one was as much fun, and even though the synopsis states that the graphics are in stunning HD, but I didn't notice anything spectacular.
There are three different modes of difficulty, Relaxed, Casual and expert, and every level that is completed within Gold Time, will reveal a part of the Magic castle. Each level has a puzzle piece to find which looks like an ancient rune tile, which allows you to assemble 5 different puzzles. I always look for the puzzle piece before clicking on anything which starts the game, that way I don't forget about the puzzle piece or waste time searching for it. You can replay any of the levels to try to get a better score or if you forgot the puzzle piece. There are 20 Achievements or Trophies to earn for tasks such as collecting a resource after completing the level tasks, completing the level without using bonuses or finding 10 puzzle pieces. As you progress, different bonuses are made available that can be used each time the meter refills, such as more Resources, or Faster workers, but the effects are only temporary.
There are the usual tasks of building and upgrading farms, sawmills, goldmines, and even outposts that house workers that are far from home, clearing and repairing paths, and collecting food. Each task requires a certain amount of resources to complete and when you scan over a task, the requirements needed are shown as well as the resources you are lacking to complete the task. You can click on several tasks to have the workers complete, a checkmark will appear on the item for every available worker, and flags will queue the rest in numerical order until a worker is free. In Relaxed and Casual modes, the tasks available are circled in green, yellow indicates you will be able to complete the task once the resources collected are delivered to the base camp, red indicates the item is either blocked or you don't have enough available resources. Hercules is the go to guy for removing things no mere mortal could accomplish, (and there's always an abundance of boulders and landslides in every game of the 12 Labours series) and his wife Megara, takes care of the saplings.
This Collector's Edition has 9 Wallpapers, 20 (to the best of my knowledge) Trophies or Achievements to earn, (which can be viewed on the level map) Collectible Puzzle Pieces, Puzzles to complete once all the pieces have been collected, a built in Strategy Guide, and Bonus Level chapters, enjoy

plat1098
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by plat1098 on Aug 2, 17 11:25 AM
I demoed this in Casual Mode to check out the game better--it's very easy in the first block of levels. Along with the other experienced timed-strategy players in this thread, I just can't connect to this series. It's cute, it has funny little quirks and...that's it. Each level is a variation of the same theme, with not nearly enough variety to keep it fresh for me. I guess it's my mindset, I'm spoiled from the Roads of Rome, Rescue Team, Northern Tale and Gardens, Inc. series. Blame it on them.

elizaew
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
408 Posts

[Post New]by elizaew on Aug 17, 17 6:11 PM
I like this game. It's exactly the kind I like to play and exactly what I wanted. I am surprised by the negative reviews. But to each her own. What's different about this one is the difficulty. I always play on expert mode and rarely have the trouble that I am having with this game getting gold at the higher levels. So they ratcheted up the challenge and that's ok by me!

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for 12 Labours of Hercules VII: Fleecing the Fleece Collector's Edi

[Post New]by irishtoo2 on Aug 23, 17 7:57 AM
The " bonus" levels? Just five more screens. At least with other collector editions ( like Rescue series) you get a lot more levels.

Edited on 08/23/2017 at 7:58:17 AM PST

Go to: