Re:Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ - What did you think?

[Post New]by ROSESNOWFLAKE2 on Dec 29, 08 6:30 PM
HI, THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER. WOW....ALL THE TWISTS AND TURNS....HAD ME, LOST, MAD, AMAZED. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT ONE. "YOUR PEOPLE ARE THE BEST". IT.

[Post New]by cyddun on Dec 29, 08 6:48 PM
There are a few things I am stuck on. How do you fix the telephone? I haven't found the letter R. Any help is appreciated.

[Post New]by nanpop99 on Dec 29, 08 9:45 PM
I'm having trouble with the mirror i just can't crack the code can you help thank sea anemone

[Post New]by Janissi on Dec 29, 08 9:56 PM
Okay I have a questions for anyone who can answer. I have been playing HOG's for quite some time, but am new to the adventure HOG genre (I used to do the find and click kind only).

What is the best way to complete these puzzles? I know that walk-throughs are available, but I want to be able to figure them out on my own - that's what makes the game fun. There are SO many twists and turns with these games, and I also noticed that this game does not have instructions on how to solve the puzzles. Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best way to get through these kinds of games?

I'd appreciate any advice you might have. Thank you!

[Post New]by fizban on Dec 29, 08 11:52 PM
I'm now at the last door and on the tram car.....it's a great game and I've loved it....I never thought there would be one to match the very old first computer "Cave" text game....I have missed that one for years...don't miss the nasty little hatchet-throwing dwarves and the twisty turning passages but love the challenges that are similar in this game with having to remember where you've been, go back, use objects and collect objects ---thank you Big Fish!

[Post New]by Janissi on Dec 30, 08 3:25 AM
cyddun wrote:There are a few things I am stuck on. How do you fix the telephone? I haven't found the letter R. Any help is appreciated.

Well, I know what has helped me are the walkthroughs. Lord knows that's helped me with this game. If you aren't familiar with where to find a walkthrough for this and other games, let me know. I'm quite new to this so I'm learning as well.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Dec 30, 08 5:59 AM
blingykins wrote:Still haven't played it

Well..... what are you waiting for? This is a great game!

[Post New]by sonenthal on Dec 30, 08 7:12 AM
when will there be a mac version?

Seth

Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ - What did you think?

[Post New]by loopy40 on Dec 30, 08 9:06 AM
bfgErie wrote:I'm just creating this thread so folks can use it to post their comments about the game. What did you love? What didn't you love? Other users would love to hear your comments and we would too!

Be sure to only post comments about the game here. If you have a question about a puzzle in a particular location, please find the thread for that location and post your question there. Remember, each location in Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst has its own individual discussion thread in this forum.

Happy Gaming!

sersa
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by sersa on Dec 30, 08 10:17 AM
GREAT GREAT GREAT
game agree with most of the the other praising posts not so much with the bad ones

[Post New]by Joski1 on Dec 30, 08 12:23 PM
I am so very impressed with the graphics, sense of humor, and flow of this game! Honestly, I figured it wouldn't be as good as the first- just seems follow-up games are not as good. I am also amazed at the length. Every time I thought I would be getting to the end, there was more!

Keep up the good work! I love this type of game and hope there will be more soon!

Obviously, you guys are top notch in your field. I can't say enough positives about this game... and I'm pretty hard to impress. Nice job!

[Post New]by Sousonne on Dec 30, 08 1:02 PM
I love all of these hidden picture games, and this one is well done. I'm usually pretty good at these, but I've already gotten stuck on this one, and it's a little frustrating. They allow you to "skip" I believe three of the tests, but only selected ones. And I don't think I'm real happy with the way the "HINT" part works in this one. It doesn't really give you hints for everything...only when you're finding items, but if you're doing a test, the only hint that's given is what one of your inventory pieces does...and that's not real clear all of the time...and of course, you get penalized, too.

At this time, I am at a standstill. I've gone as far as I can go, which is on that moon/sun plaque over the fireplace. I have found the sun and moon, but I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do after that. I know that the symbols on the left are from the Western Zodiac, however, the ones on the right are unfamiliar symbols, and I've searched everywhere to find what they might mean. Evidently you're to place these discs in the round areas in each hand, but I am not able to figure out what the goal is. And, of course, this is one of the tests that you're not allowed to skip, and there is no "start over" option so you have to remove your name from the sign in and then re enter it as a new player. As far as I'm concerned, if I'm not able to figure this out, and there's no way to FIND out, I've wasted my money.

ajenique
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by ajenique on Dec 30, 08 1:55 PM
I confess...when I first downloaded the game and started to play, I called in sick at work. (Well, my throat did kinda hurt a little). It was fantastic and so much fun!!! Big Fish is the absolute BEST!!!

tjlee
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by tjlee on Dec 30, 08 2:29 PM
help me i have the screw driver, rag, stick, funnel and the jar with fluid in it and im stuck can you help me someone ?? tjlee@gvni.com

[Post New]by Jennywrin on Dec 30, 08 2:42 PM
I love this game!!!

lynnie11
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by lynnie11 on Dec 30, 08 2:59 PM
This is without a doubt the best game I've played. I thought the remarks were very funny, always made me smile. It was very difficult and I did need help - thanks to all who suggested gamezebo! My only complaint is that the new version still has glitches. Every time a ghost appeared the game froze. I did learn how to get out and come back (cont, alt, del) without having to start over. Amazing puzzles, great graphics & music. Hints could have run a bit faster. Still the best. Great job, BFG.

[Post New]by emmagirl08 on Dec 30, 08 3:44 PM
This game rocked my world!!!!! It totally ruled - always challenging, always creepy, and I realized I like adventure games as much as time mgmt games! Another genre, yippee! I'm playing the first Ravenhearst game now (backwards, I know), and it's nearly as cool. RH2 gave me chills - sometimes it really creeped me out so much that I thought I was "hearing things" in my house while playing it, haha! Totally worth a measly $7! Thanks Big Fish! You're awesome, your tech and customer support is awesome, too!!! The music was amazing, graphics, etc. AND my game never froze up like lots of other people said! Guess I was one of the lucky ones. My only complaint is that I'm buying too many games from BF!!!!

Edited on 12/30/2008 at 3:45:48 PM PST

[Post New]by jjbabyboy on Dec 30, 08 10:17 PM
Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst is absoluely awesome. This game you had to think and used common sense. I though it was great when you had to go back to places you had once been to. The puzzles were a lot of fun, some of them I had a little trouble so I skipped them, but I am going to re play the game so I can break the puzzles that is the whole fun of it. I wanted to tell the creators and actors etc. of the game You Did A Excellent Job. Keep creating fun Hidden Object and Puzzle games. Thank You

[Post New]by keiradanika on Dec 31, 08 12:42 AM
I've played a lot of HO games, and this is by far the best one ever! When will the next one come out?!?! I'm already excited to play it too!!

[Post New]by rubyrue on Dec 31, 08 8:33 AM
love the game but can not understand why my name does not go into the top ten?
i have done it in a lot less time but it never shows up. hate the peacock on the trunk. have only gotten it once.

Go to: