Mayclair
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery! iOS technical issues here only

[Post New]by Mayclair on Nov 3, 13 10:59 PM
This started for me on 31st Oct AM and apart from 10 minutes of play with several crashes and freezes I have been unable to get past the enter screen.
I am playing on my iPad mini and am in Manchester UK.

If everyone posts their timeline and what they are playing on and where they are, it may help the Techs sort out where the gremlins are.

Good luck to us all as I think lots of us are totally committed to playing this game

[Post New]by Mango1504 on Nov 3, 13 11:20 PM
I am in Preston Uk, and I am unable to play still. I have managed to load the game once only but wasn't able to play without it crashing. I hope that you can resolve the issues soon.

Edited to add - playing on iPad.

Edited on 11/03/2013 at 11:22:13 PM PST

[Post New]by elevatedeva on Nov 3, 13 11:35 PM
Perth Western Australia ....still no play , I think that bf is stringing us along....

Mayclair
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Mayclair on Nov 4, 13 1:48 AM
Just a quick update.
I have spent the time since my last post playing every BFG I own and have no problems whatsoever on line games as well as off.line games.
Please forgive me as I am not computer savvy but if all the games are playing correctly and only Dark Manor is crashing then surely it can't be the server as BFG games keep saying it is.
Whilst I am grateful for all the work BFG team are doing but perhaps it would be helpful if they looked for the problem elsewhere.
I hope I haven't upset anyone with this post that was definitely not my intention.

[Post New]by Chinbangwah on Nov 4, 13 3:03 AM
For what it is worth, this morning I still could not get in. On a whim, I decided to reboot my iPad. Voila, I can play....hooray.

Daphje
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Daphje on Nov 4, 13 3:49 AM
Chinbangwah wrote:For what it is worth, this morning I still could not get in. On a whim, I decided to reboot my iPad. Voila, I can play....hooray.

Thanks for the suggestion! Didn't try it yet... So
I tried, and failed... Still nothing

Edited on 11/04/2013 at 3:51:16 AM PST

[Post New]by Trevett1st on Nov 4, 13 5:37 AM
It seems as if the people having this problem are all outside of the USA. Has anyone else noticed this? I don't know why this would make a difference.
P.S. I have also rebooted my ipad to no avail

Edited on 11/04/2013 at 5:38:25 AM PST

[Post New]by Chinbangwah on Nov 4, 13 5:56 AM
Trevi, I am in the us and had issues for 4 days until I just rebooted. My sister lives an hour from me and did not have an issue at all
Good luck all. Really frustrating trying to feed our addictions. Big fish should be thrilled so many of us love their game to get this upset when we can't play. Now they need to fix it for everyone

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Nov 4, 13 7:59 AM
Hmmm. Seeing as a reboot of the iPad fixed it for you, this is looking more like an Apple problem, not BF. Just saying....

[Post New]by Tysonsnanni on Nov 4, 13 8:03 AM
Unfortunately rebooting is not helping everyone. Didn't help me at all

[Post New]by 1Spoodledame on Nov 4, 13 8:26 AM
Afraid it didn't help me either. Was worth a try though. Glad it has worked for some.

[Post New]by mitsva on Nov 4, 13 8:50 AM
Turkey, 18.49, still nothing!!!

[Post New]by sabledemon on Nov 4, 13 9:00 AM
For what it's worth I'm playing on a Windows laptop in the UK. I have the same problems which all started and got progressively worse with game updates (on server and to my software) so it isn't likely to be Apple-related as my Windows machine has the same issues. The game is developed and hosted externally for Big Fish so it could be a combination of software and server updates or connectivity causing the problems. The problems I've encountered are:

game freeze

being told I have no internet connectivity when I do

access violations booting me out (constantly)

rozanah
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by rozanah on Nov 4, 13 10:15 AM
I have also re-booted my mini iPad a number of times and still not able to get in to DM 18:10 GMT. I have no issues with any other games that I can play on my iPad that aren't BF Games.

[Post New]by Aussiefish on Nov 4, 13 1:48 PM
I am running version 7.0.3.
I also have tried rebooting several times. I even deleted my game and re-downloaded it a few times. Nothing has helped.
I get the title screen then it crashes. Sometimes I get as far as the mansion with the "ENTER" sign but then it crashes.

Please fix this game. I have only played it for a very short while but I know I'll love it... It looks like a great game. I have spent money on it and I may have lost all my progress when I tried deleting it and re installing it... And that is annoying. But if you can fix it... I'll give it a go.

cassey74
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by cassey74 on Nov 4, 13 4:36 PM
Rebooting hasn't helped me at all All other games are working fine. I can play dark manor on my PC no real prob's there, but can't get into it at all on iPad So maybe it isn't big fish?????????? PTBT maybe right..... Just saying

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Nov 4, 13 8:23 PM
Hi again,

I do sincerely apologise for the continued issues with the game crashing.

We are doing everything humanly possible and working with our external partners to get this resolved for those users who still cannot play.

Thank you for your patience, we hope to have updates soon.

bfgMurrumbidgee

[Post New]by henrygigi on Nov 4, 13 8:53 PM
6AM in South Africa and still no access. Thanks for the update bgf. Hope that we will be able to enter our manors soon. Other than the people using PCs, is there anyone that can access with a mobile device/s other than the Apple brand? I was able to Play all other BFG on my IPAD 2.

Daphje
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Daphje on Nov 4, 13 9:49 PM
Tuesday morning, The Netherlands.
Thanks for the update! First time I had a "multiple day crash"... We received some gold for our patience.... (Just a hint)

Nursie23
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Nursie23 on Nov 4, 13 10:02 PM
Tuesday morning UK. Still nothing........

Go to: