Cardinal57
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (Android) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by Cardinal57 on Aug 31, 17 2:12 PM
For over 2 months now I keep getting this error message. Low on disk space -need more memory -retry.

I have uninstalled and downloaded the game again over 20 times in this time. I even took a few weeks off of playing hoping an update would happen and it would be fixed.

I played the other night and was able to leave and come back but today I tried and got that message again.

I did notice that it happens if I look at my pictures or screenshots.

I actually have more space on my Kindle than before this started because I went and deleted a lot of stuff.

I am at the point of just giving away all my inventory to the friends I still have and quitting.

I put up with all the crashes and loss of progress for months but having to uninstall and download and then wait for that to load up is more than I can tolerate most days.

Edited on 08/31/2017 at 2:16:14 PM PST

bfgBeruna
1,339 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Aug 31, 17 2:36 PM
Hello Cardinal57,

I'm so sorry there has been ongoing trouble with your game. I really want to ensure you receive help with this. Since the limited tools available in the forum won't allow me to investigate this, please contact our Midnight Castle Support Team. If you include your Friend Code with the inquiry, they'll definitely be able to take a close look at what's going on.

Thank you for your patience, and please PM one of the other active Moderators or me if further questions arise. We'll definitely be happy to listen and to provide some help.

bfgBeruna

Cambio48
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Cambio48 on Sep 2, 17 11:17 AM
Just posted that I lost game progress after an hour and a half of collecting morphing flowers to reach and complete the 300, also did a round of HOS's to get to approx. between 91k and 92k. I know that there is a post / fix to periodically exit the game and force a shut down. Guess I didn't do it fast enough.

Level 55. ID. a643700
Thank you for your help.

bfgBeruna
1,339 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 2, 17 12:51 PM
Hello Cambio48,

I'm really sorry this happened. It's disappointing to work so hard on a challenge only to have the progress be lost. I want to prevent this from happening again, so I'd recommend taking a look at the help page below for suggestions about how to fix the game.

Crashing, Freezing, Game Won't Open (Android)

Should the solutions in the article not help, please contact our Midnight Castle Support Team and include your Friend Code with the inquiry. They'll be able to investigate what's happening.

As always, thank you for your patience. I am always available to chat via PM, and so are the other active Moderators. Reach out to us anytime help is needed.

bfgBeruna

Edited on 09/02/2017 at 12:52:22 PM PST

Cargo hold level70

[Post New]by Hipoff on Sep 6, 17 12:47 AM
I cannot unlock the cargo hold I have clicked on all characters no advancement only have Pete left but will not let me advance a823162

only1Marne
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by only1Marne on Sep 6, 17 11:24 AM
After reading some of the other players problems I feel mine is so minor. I completed the castle challenge of creating 15 items in 30 minutes but my achievements only shows 10 just wondering how that can be?

bfgIlinalta
3,093 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Sep 6, 17 2:41 PM
Hello Hipoff and only1Marne,

I'm sorry to hear there are some issues while playing the Android version of Midnight Castle. I'm happy to provide some suggestions to try as well as where to find further support, should those suggestions not help out.

Hipoff, I am uncertain exactly what area you are seeking to unlock, but since it sounds like you are level 70, it may be that you're asking what needs to occur to unlock the Harbor area. The Harbor does unlock after level 70, but players must complete the Energy Search quest which occurs after you activate the Portal Activator to unlock the portal. The portal takes you to the Harbor where you can continue.

I hope that was able to help out, but if that doesn't seem to assist or if there is a different section being discussed, please don't hesitate to contact our Midnight Castle Support Team with that Friend Code and a description of what you are experiencing. Our Reps will be sure to follow up as soon as they can.

only1Marne, it sounds like there was some trouble with an achievement not counting appropriately. If you've completed the appropriate steps for that achievement and it doesn't appear to be counting, we'd definitely like to investigate further about why this is occurring. Could you write to our Midnight Castle Support Team with your Friend Code and screenshots of the Castle Challenge part being completed as well as this achievement that doesn't appear to be displaying properly? Our Reps will provide this information to the right teams for further investigation and follow up, and they'll be sure to write back as soon as they can to let you know what is happening.

Just in case it's helpful, the following article can assist players taking a screenshot on an Android device while playing Midnight Castle:

How do I take a screenshot? (Android)

Thank you for your patience. Don't hesitate to contact any of our moderators should there be further questions. We're happy to listen and assist as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by notonmysite on Sep 13, 17 7:38 PM
Level#78, ID#a526107, I was told by technical support (#407746)to go to the forums to see if anyone else is having the same problem...Yes the people using kindle fire having the same problem crashing in hos and losing things gained. In addition I can't get beyond this level, the last piece of the M challenge, the dragon has it ,it keeps saying the dragon will be back in a later update. I have spent a lot of money in the game and don't want to lose all I have achieved. ???????????????HELP PLEASE.

Amethyst2066
Herring
Herring
345 Posts

[Post New]by Amethyst2066 on Sep 13, 17 9:28 PM
Hi notonmysite

Welcome! As far as I know, MC only goes to level 78 and all who have gotten that far are awaiting the next update. We don't know when that will happen. As far as the crashing and such, you are correct. Those of us playing on Kindle and a few other android devices are continuing to have problems no matter what we do. Each of us has had to do what we can to make the game work for us. We can only keep reporting the problems and pray that a patch is programmed to fix it.

Kimball321
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by Kimball321 on Sep 14, 17 2:36 AM
I am also having problems with my kindle crashing regularly this has been going on since the Easter update I have given up on customer support as everything they suggest does not work so I just keep playing with the constant interruptions which I find most frustrating never had any problems be fore Easter regards chris

bfgBeruna
1,339 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 14, 17 9:56 AM
Hello Everyone,

I'm sorry your games are crashing. I want to ensure you receive the best troubleshooting guidance possible, and since this matter requires deeper investigation than we can conduct in the forums, please contact our Midnight Castle Support Team. notonmysite, since you've written in already, I would recommend continuing to pursue solutions with the member of our Support Team.

If your Friend Codes are available, please include them in your inquiry. It might also be helpful to include what model of Kindle you have.

I also want to add that Level 78 is the highest level that can be reached and that being sent to speak with the Wise Dragon is the current end of content. Until the developers release a new update, that will be the furthest players can go in the game. The Moderation Team isn't made aware of updates until they've been published, but as soon as we receive word of one, we'll announce it here in the forum.

Thank you for your understanding. Please PM me or another active Moderator if further questions arise. We'll be happy to listen and to provide assistance.

bfgBeruna

Edited on 09/14/2017 at 10:56:54 AM PST

marytee56
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by marytee56 on Sep 17, 17 2:04 AM
Hi everyone I've been playing for a while now,(level78) on my kindle. Several updates ago I started to have some issues with the game slowing down and freezing and / or crashing and the game not keeping up with my score, e.g. yesterday morning I played for almost 1 hour to get the plain stamps for that day's challenge and the game froze and crashed out and when I logged on again it was as if I hadn't even played at all . This happens every day, I know that this is a free game and shouldn't grumble but it's so frustrating playing for a while then freezing and going back to where you started. Is anyone else having these problems? It's only happening on this game and in the past I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled but it still happens, have tried a force stop but can't do that when it just crashes out, can anyone offer any suggestions please .......marytee56 xx

Kimball321
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by Kimball321 on Sep 17, 17 8:28 AM
I am having the same problems support team do not seem to help I have done all they say to do nothing works it must be a kindle thing this has been going on since the Easter update sorry I can not help you but I do hope that this will be resolved eventuallyregards chris

Amethyst2066
Herring
Herring
345 Posts

[Post New]by Amethyst2066 on Sep 17, 17 8:43 AM
Hi Marytee

You are not alone. Both of my Kindle games do the same thing. All I can suggest is that you back out of the game sooner and do a forced stop immediately. Add a clear cache when you notice the game is being sluggish and reboot. It makes game play take longer but it cuts down on the problems. I can't guaranteee that you won't freeze and or crash but it does help. I tend to play by map section...play castle section leave game and force stop, wait for kindle to catch up to me, about a minute and go back to game. Play town section, leave, force stop, repeat for each next section.

If you are doing the character quests, don't rush through them. Do them slowly and mix them with your hos play. Get quest, do the 2 or 3 things on that screen that is needed then play some hos scenes. Go back to get the next set and repeat. Yes, I know, once again your game played is slowed. It I either that or risk freeze/crash/loss of progress. And don't forget, leave game and force stop, but only after you have added a couple of HOS or you will loose what you just did to get ahead.

I hope this helps.

Ame

bfgIlinalta
3,093 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Sep 18, 17 12:27 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to report the issues you are experiencing while trying to play the Android version of Midnight Castle. It sounds like players may have reported issues they were encountering, but that suggested steps from our Reps have not been able to assist. I can say that if you have been in touch with our Midnight Castle Support Team and they have let you know that an update would be necessary to resolve the issue, this means that we must wait for an update from the right teams to address that specific issue.

For players seeing trouble with an Android device, I wanted to provide some suggested steps that have helped some players when encountering similar issues:

Crashing, Freezing, Game Won't Open (Android)

It's also possible our Reps have additional suggestions or information to provide. Be sure to follow up and reply directly to their response with details of what occurred when trying their suggested steps and whether they were effective or not. Otherwise, if you haven't contacted them, don't hesitate to contact our Midnight Castle Support Team with details of what you are experiencing, the model and type of device experiencing the issue as well as what operating system version it is running, along with your Friend Code. The information provided regarding this issue could be important to the teams who are investigating, and I want to thank our players for their patience while working with our teams.

Otherwise, if it turns out that an update is necessary to resolve the experienced issue, know that the Forum Moderation Team will do their best to provide any information we receive as an announcement for our players. Thank you all for your patience. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by sfyoong on Sep 18, 17 6:51 PM
I'm stuck at level 78. Has anyone gone further than that level? The story teller cat said to go to the wise dragon but the wise dragon have no task for me. It has been that way for a few months now.

Sorry. Just found the answer above. Thank you.

Edited on 09/18/2017 at 10:18:58 PM PST

Amethyst2066
Herring
Herring
345 Posts

[Post New]by Amethyst2066 on Sep 18, 17 7:30 PM
You have reached the current end of the game which will be continued at a later as of yet undisclosed date.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 19, 17 8:54 AM
Hi sfyoong,

I see that there is some question regarding the highest level within the game. Congratulations on getting to Level 78. Amethyst2066 is right. You are currently at the end of available content. The Midnight Castle teams continue to work hard to bring new content to the players, and we will post an announcement in the forums once any information is brought to our attention.

We greatly appreciate your patience. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the Active Moderators. We are happy to help in any way that wecan.

bfgBellerophon

Strixi
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Strixi on Sep 23, 17 1:10 PM
Every time I get to level 79, it boots me back to 78. The first time was because it crashed. The second time was for no reason at all. I stopped playing, turned off my Kindle, and when I came back later, it was back to the same place at level 78. Getting tired of it, and if it happens again, I may well quit.

Also, could the developers PLEASE opt out of Amazon Game Circle? It's a battery-suck and doesn't help the situation.

Zenzalei
a640637

Edited on 09/23/2017 at 1:11:59 PM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 25, 17 8:39 AM
Hi Strixi,

I'm sorry to hear that your game progress continues to revert back a level. Since we don't have the tools to investigate this issue from the forums, please reach out to our Midnight Castle Support Team with your friend code and details of the issue. The Support Team can further assist.

In regards to the Game Circle, it is possible that this is a function that is pertinent to the app store and the game. I will pass this feedback along to the Midnight Castle teams in the meantime. If they reply with any information, we will be sure to update the forums.

Thank you for your patience. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the Active Moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

Go to: