Senior Citizens sign in!!

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
533 Posts

Re:Senior Citizens sign in!!

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Aug 7, 17 4:22 PM
Thanks Jackie. I am currently, in real life, in romantic Quebec City with my wife celebrating our 40th anniversary. I better get off this board right now if I hope to get to 41.

Edited on 08/07/2017 at 4:23:36 PM PST

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
779 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Aug 7, 17 4:24 PM
Congratulations to Mr and Mrs Snowman!! We just had our 50th so you better hang on in there

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Aug 7, 17 4:34 PM
Phlorrie, there is a ton of help on various threads of this forum, many about specific levels in cities. If you check out the Rio thread, you will find help there. If you have reached 114, then you must have passed 100, so in order to get those green gems, you don't need to do 100 to a further stage, just go back to Rome 87 and play that over and over, earn them quickly and use them in Rio. This sort of info is in plentiful supply on the threads and there is plenty of help. You should not need to waste anything on buying green gems at all. If there is no help on a specific level in the Rio thread, or any other city for that matter, post a question on it and someone will help you, they always seem to anyway. Good luck with them all.

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Aug 7, 17 5:14 PM
My congratulations to you snowmanvt and you also trav3lbird, makes me wish mine had made it as our 40th would have been next April, but the good lord had other plans for her. Trav, I have a nickname for the run from New Orleans to Amsterdam, "The valley of death" as I've read so many of the city threads and people just talk about how impossible they are, so I guess I'll try not to stumble over the bodies as I trudge onward. And glitter, I'm at monument #2 in Barcelona, so forward and onward!

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Aug 7, 17 6:46 PM
GamingGrampa and Trav,
I found that the first 4 cities were not too bad and then I hit Paris. I moaned and lamented and even posted here how unreasonable the requirements were to build the resources. That is when I changed my strategy and shipped for days to get through and in the mean time replayed levels for resources or played levels I hadn't yet to get coins. As far as I can recall it was Paris when every monument resource requirement was in the millions. Crazy that I made it through the next 3 cities and find myself in New Orleans (only 10th level) so I know I am in for it because this seems where a lot of people got frustrated. I will be slogging along however slowly and I will have paid my dues by the time I reach Amsterdam so I can enjoy playing easier cities with reasonable monument requirements.....if I get that far. ha ha ha ha

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Aug 7, 17 7:52 PM
Snowman, Happy Anniversary. Have a lovely time away. Well done on reaching such a milestone. And same to to Trav3bird. Amazing both of you.

fishfinder246
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by fishfinder246 on Aug 9, 17 8:30 AM
Congrats snow! And I join the others in thanking you for starting the seniors thread. Wow! 40+ pages!!
Great info here, although I'm a very poor player compared to most of you folks.

But, I keep plodding along.
Fish

nlphouston
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by nlphouston on Aug 9, 17 5:48 PM
Completion rewards for cities through Athens have been added to the Helpful Links discussion by a moderator. I will update as I continue on, but if you have information that can be added please let me know. Cities prior to Shanghai are incomplete as I didn't realize early on what an obsession this game would become. Thanks to Trav3lbird for helping and to glitter, fishfinder and globetrotter for the kind words.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,478 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Aug 10, 17 5:22 PM
Summer Camp event city coming soon. Tomorrow maybe?

So many of the little kids I know are going back to school next week and one of my Facebook friends has a kid who started first grade today. I remember when I was in high school moving from Maryland where school started after Labor Day to Tennessee where school started in mid August. Trouble is, we moved on Labor Day weekend, so I had missed the first two weeks of classes.

fishfinder246
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by fishfinder246 on Aug 11, 17 9:20 AM
Seniors,
I need help with building Villa Borghese in Rome. I am waay short on pinks and hats and can't figure what I've missed. There are only a few levels that offer them prior to level 40. Usually there are HH's that help you out, but not here.
I have started over, (that's why I'm so far behind), but don't remember this happening the first time around.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Fish

[Post New]by globetrotter217 on Aug 11, 17 1:38 PM
Summer Camp is here..., off I go to try and relive that experience

Sorry Fish, I don't remember...

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Aug 11, 17 4:53 PM
Ahhh yes, summer camp, only got to do that once, summer of '64! And sorry fish I checked and couldn't find anything helpful, all I remember was that was when I started shipping like crazy.

fishfinder246
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by fishfinder246 on Aug 11, 17 6:09 PM
Thanks anyway gramps!!

Fish

fishfinder246
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by fishfinder246 on Aug 11, 17 6:11 PM
Thanks to you too Gtrotter, for offering to help. Good luck at camp!
Fish

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Aug 11, 17 9:39 PM
Love the opening graphics for Summer camp, really nice job. And since the update, I love the fact that we can now see what more we have to do once we have run out of moves, it helps make the decision to go on or not much easier. It was a real pain before as often I (and most likely lots of you guys too), would make that last move without realising it was the last move and then the screen that came up gave no indication of how far away from the total required I was at. Good improvement GD team. Thanks. HOWEVER, the update has also changed the position of the box that come up with shipping, it now obliterates the pinks total in the top right of the page, so I can't quite see how many of those I have in that city, I now have to check that before opening the shipping up, please move it back down where it was before, it was much better.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,478 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Aug 12, 17 5:01 AM
It bothers me that I can no longer see the resources I'm winning from playing a board until after it is finished.

I agree with Jules about being able to see completion status after running out of moves or time.

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Aug 12, 17 5:54 AM
Lordkalvan, I hadn't even noticed that the resource earning totals were not on the game play page, but yes, you are right, they are gone. And it would be better if they could be re instated on there. Agree completely.

Pavanne
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Pavanne on Aug 12, 17 6:38 AM
I agree too. Whilst it's good to see how much more is needed when you haven't succeeded with the given moves, I very much miss being able to see the resources mounting up as I go along. Let's hope this can be reinstated!

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
779 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Aug 12, 17 9:54 AM
EEK - summer camp timed level 27 is a nasty intern level! 10 lives later I still can't get it and I refuse to buy the extra time boosts as they don't really give you enough time for what they cost. I may have to cave in and buy the eternal freeze as I never win those in the daily deals

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,478 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Aug 12, 17 10:36 AM
I hate tough timed levels, and give up on them quickly. I admire your persistence, Trav3lbird! For event cities, my habit has been to just give up on that event if I hit one. Now however, my current normal city is Boston, so I have a stronger incentive to at least build all the monuments in Summer Camp. I haven't quite made it that far, but getting close.

Go to: