Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Memories of Shadowfield Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jun 22, 17 12:35 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 06/22/2017 at 6:37:49 AM PST

sltl
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Memories of Shadowfield Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by sltl on Jun 22, 17 6:29 AM
I am using a MAC and the hint and skip features are not working.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Memories of Shadowfield Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 22, 17 6:38 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help. Checking out the help articles in Big Fish Games Help is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Mac Game Troubleshooting

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.[/color]

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Memories of Shadowfield Collector's Edition

[Post New]by sazoria on Jun 22, 17 3:03 PM
I'm posting this pre-emptively as so many people seem to have issues with Windows 10.
For people having issues opening the game with Windows 10-
I don't know if this will work or not. I know it works when people download a game and it wont open because of windows 10 ( which doesn't work well with many BF games), don't know whether it will work for error codes, but it is worth a try.

For anyone having trouble opening game and using Windows 10, maybe give this a go. It's worth a try.

gail854 wrote:
I found this by accident on The Forgotten Fairytales forum but it worked for me. Change your screen resolution to something smaller, like 1680x1050, open the game and close it. Change the resolution back to original and open the game again. It worked for me on both games as neither would open but do now. Hope it helps.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 23, 17 11:02 AM
Hi sazoria,

Thank you for taking the time to provide certain workaround steps for players on Windows 10. If players do have trouble opening games on Windows 10, adjusting the screen resolution has been known to help resolve this issue. Please refer to the following steps that sazoria mentioned.

1) Lower the screen resolution. Normally 1900x1080, swtich to 1600x1200.
2) Launch game.
3) Exit game.
4) Revert back to preferred resolution.

Players on Windows 10 can also refer to the following Big Fish Games Help page if issues continue to persist:

Windows 10

The Customer Support Team has the appropriate tools to provide further assistance if needed.

Thank you everyone for your patience and understanding. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

Joanken
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Joanken on Jun 23, 17 11:45 AM
Also, hint and skip do not work. Windows 7 Ultimate

HeatherDay
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by HeatherDay on Jun 23, 17 12:18 PM
Same as Joanken, the skip isn't working.
I'm using custom mode with hint & skip set at 15 seconds, each. Skip isn't working (I like to save my puzzles for when/if I purchase a game).
I also have sparkles turned off but I'm still seeing those blasted things.
Win 7 64bit pro

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jun 23, 17 5:21 PM
Hello HeatherDay and Joanken,

I'm sorry to hear the hint buttons in your games aren't working. Let's see what can be done to fix this.

When a game doesn't respond, such as when the hint button doesn't work, it's always a good idea to check whether the computer's video card driver is up to date. Sometimes, downloading a new update can fix whatever isn't working within the game. For more instructions about how to do this, please see the help page below.

If the video card driver is up to date, I'd recommend running the game with administrator permissions. Sometimes, giving a computer administrator permissions with a game can fix whatever's preventing the game from running properly. For instructions about that process, please see the help page below.

Run Game as Administrator

If these instructions don't help, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to provide more support.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. If any more questions or concerns arise, please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active moderators. We're always here to help.

bfgBeruna

HeatherDay
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by HeatherDay on Jun 23, 17 6:06 PM
Thank you bfgBeruna. I'll check vid card on Monday est and will post if that was actually the problem.

gertie23
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by gertie23 on Jun 24, 17 12:55 AM
My skip button worked just fine but after 10 minutes or so the hint button stopped working!

Joanken
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Joanken on Jun 24, 17 4:38 AM
That's what happened with me. Worked fine initially, then suddenly stopped.

Joanken
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Joanken on Jun 24, 17 5:29 AM
If you quit the game and re-enter the hint button works again, but only for a short time.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jun 24, 17 8:23 AM
The hint and skip option keeps disappearing. It is not fun to have to shut the game down and then turn it back on to get hint and skip. Furthermore, this isn't the first time this has happened with MT games. I originally ran into it way back in The Void. Is it just that the frog likes to take short vacations?

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jun 24, 17 11:17 AM
I am unable to finish the bonus game. The gears on the bird cage will not swap, and the skip has disappeared, apparently never to return again. Not happy about spending money on a game I can't finish. BTW, my computer is 4 months old, completely up to date, and I'm running Windows 10, not that it makes much difference here.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jun 24, 17 3:31 PM
Hello Everybody!

Sorry to hear your games aren't working. I'm paddling over to see what we can do to resolve these troubles.

As always, we recommend beginning with Big Fish Games Help whenever technical troubles emerge. Since there's been trouble with the hint button, let's ensure that the video card driver is compatible with the game. Checking whether the driver is up to date will accomplish this. I'd also recommend running the game with administrator permissions in case the game can't access the necessary resources. I've included help pages with those respective sets of instructions below.

If those instructions, or the other suggestions outlined in the Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen help page, don't resolve the matter, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be able to provide more help.

Thanks for your patience. The Moderation Team is always happy to talk or to listen, so please PM me or another Moderator if more questions arise. Happy gaming.

bfgBeruna

HeatherDay
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by HeatherDay on Jun 24, 17 4:19 PM
Joanken wrote:If you quit the game and re-enter the hint button works again, but only for a short time.

same happened to me today on second demo try. I can back out of scene, come back in and skip works fine. Then on next puzzle, she (the skip button) doesn't work again! However, backing out and resuming game will allow the skip button to work.

Too much hoopla for me. Awesome game but will wait for fixes.

Like I said before, I'll wait until Monday to check my vid card. We all work and I'm tired. Monday I'll post if updating is required.

[Post New]by lfort2 on Jun 26, 17 3:52 PM
I am having issues finding the bird wing key for the fountain. The Hint button will not work and I have followed the Strategy Guide but to no avail. The game then freezes. Any suggestions?

INGamePlayer
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by INGamePlayer on Jun 26, 17 5:37 PM
Windows 10. Hint and Skip will not refill. I was using Custom settings with them set at 30 and 45 seconds, respectively. Tried changing them from within the game to 15 and 30 seconds, but it made no difference. Very aggravating.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jun 27, 17 3:19 PM
Hello Everyone,

Let's see what we can do to get these games running properly again.

Whenever a game freezes or won't respond to in-game commands, we recommend checking that the computer's video card driver is up to date and that the game has the necessary permissions to run. To check whether the driver needs updating or to see how to run a game with administrator permissions, please take a look at the respective help pages below.

If those steps don't resolve the troubles, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be able to provide more help than we're able to in the forums.

Thanks so much for your patience and for reaching out. As always, please PM me or another active moderator if further questions arise. We're here and happy to help.

bfgBeruna

Furryfury
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Furryfury on Jun 27, 17 10:18 PM
Game froze when I got to the alley at "Blackwood Laboratories" and found the wrench. I clicked on the valve to use the wrench on it and everything froze, I had to task manager my way out of the program.

Windows 7.

Go to: