angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Elf?

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jun 22, 17 3:23 AM
Some players like the helpers; I can take them or leave them depending on what they are. I did draw the line at a 'helper tree' and I hate that imp from another series (the one you have to dress up) but Elf is OK. A small dog would be useful for retrieving things from tight spaces.....as long as it's not over-used

Edited on 06/24/2017 at 1:46:01 AM PST

mamachi
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by mamachi on Jun 22, 17 5:03 AM
I love the little helpers

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Jun 22, 17 7:26 AM
Elf is the only reason I buy Mystery Tracker Games. Most helpers I can take otr leave, but Elf is a must for me. (Personal Reasons)

Izziewizz
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by Izziewizz on Jun 22, 17 9:19 AM
I don't mind Elf.

What I do mind is twee little helpers who can be bought furniture and accessories with collectibles. For some reason, that gets on my nerves!

[Post New]by nontechiegrannie on Jun 22, 17 12:03 PM
I, myself, can't stand the pipe smoking, top hatted, hint frog. I personally find him just creepy. On the other hand, I just love ELF. He just retrieves objects & is not otherwise intrusive.

Ratwek
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Ratwek on Jun 22, 17 2:11 PM
I enjoy helpers (just don't want to dress them) and have a definite fondness for Elf. Most games do not have helpers so to me, those that do are a special treat. For the game makers that give us the occasional helper, thank you. Giving us an option to choose would satisfy both those that like helpers and those that do not!! I hope the developers are listening!

[Post New]by Persistent_Cat on Jun 22, 17 4:27 PM
He did make me laugh at one point when you send him to get something but he stops to eat. I just found that funny.

LadyLark
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLark on Jun 23, 17 2:26 AM
I also enjoy Elf. He's cute and helpful. It wouldn't be Mystery Trackers without him. Some of the game helpers are fun, but others (like the ones you have to dress up or have irritating voices) are a PITA!

maggierose
Catfish
Catfish
1,717 Posts

[Post New]by maggierose on Jun 23, 17 4:53 AM
Elf is so much part of the games. I don't mind helpers who just fetch.

tejasgal
Manatee
Manatee
4,062 Posts

[Post New]by tejasgal on Jun 23, 17 6:09 AM
The Mystery Trackers series has been going downhill for several games now. I didn't even buy the last game, it just didn't appeal to me at all.
The only reason I bought the last few I did was because of Elf.
This developer should take note of this fact because as much as I love the little dog, he is NOT enough to warrant continued support of a worn out series.

Time to give Elf a hug, say a tearful goodbye and move on.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jun 23, 17 7:59 AM
Totally agree. I loved the first Mystery Trackers because they were so innovative. But now it's same old. I deleted when I had to find an amulet for the lock. And I don't like the helpers either, but always had a soft spot for elf.

Go to: