NellyT
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

Attn. Mods - Players: gifting problem

[Post New]by NellyT on Jun 22, 17 1:45 AM
As many other fellow players have already posted in other threads, I entered in my game and all of my friends seem to have empty wish lists, so no arrow to turn over their cards, and my wish list is suddenly empty.

I have already filled in my wish list again.
I suppose that all players must refill their wish lists again.

Nelly-Incognito playing on PC platform.

Edited on 06/22/2017 at 1:54:36 AM PST

napoeon
Catfish
Catfish
1,565 Posts

Re:Attn. Mods: gifting problem

[Post New]by napoeon on Jun 22, 17 1:52 AM
Same here dear....I'm not able to send gifts and my wish list is empty!

Also, there is a problem accessing other player's Private Rooms, so all players must go to their Private Room and make a small edit, such as temporarily changing a placed item or editing the name of the room. This will make sure it’s saved correctly so that other people can visit it.

ETA: I can see your wish lists now Nelly, I'm able to turn over the cards and visit your private rooms.

Edited on 06/22/2017 at 3:12:09 AM PST

apmg
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

Re:Attn. Mods - Players: gifting problem

[Post New]by apmg on Jun 22, 17 2:07 AM
I've tried the so fixes, to no avail on all my games. So can't gift at all none of my friends have wish lists showing.
I play on pc , hope the dev's fix issue quickly.

ann

50MAD
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by 50MAD on Jun 22, 17 2:09 AM
I already sent the mods a note about the glitch and Darcie on fb. I am sure they will tell the devs as soon as they wake up

Patm49
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by Patm49 on Jun 22, 17 2:22 AM
I am having the same problem this morning, no friends gift lists, so I can't send any gifts until this is fixed...................Sorry everyone!

unofrio
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
412 Posts

[Post New]by unofrio on Jun 22, 17 2:29 AM
The puzzles work. I just did them. But I likewise had problems with only John and one friend had wish lists and mine had emptied.

Now what's the issue with the rooms that we need to go tinker with them?

NellyT
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by NellyT on Jun 22, 17 2:39 AM
Answering to unofrio and cbtx:
The reason we need to go and do just a small edit in our private rooms is that as soon as we do this change, our private room is immediately accessible by our friends. This solves the problem cbtx is mentioning not being able to enter any private room but our own.

So now that I did the change my friends are able to access my privater room again.

Hope that the above is clear (I usually tend to write more than needed... )

gripes
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by gripes on Jun 22, 17 3:10 AM
all of my friends took down their wish list

apmg
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

[Post New]by apmg on Jun 22, 17 3:23 AM
I'm wondering if it's safe to play while wait for the gifting problem to be fixed.
I would hate to do the merry go round and loose progress.
Any thoughts on this please????

Ann

norry6
Clownfish
Clownfish
611 Posts

[Post New]by norry6 on Jun 22, 17 3:33 AM
NellyT wrote:Answering to unofrio and cbtx:
The reason we need to go and do just a small edit in our private rooms is that as soon as we do this change, our private room is immediately accessible by our friends. This solves the problem cbtx is mentioning not being able to enter any private room but our own.

So now that I did the change my friends are able to access my privater room again.

Hope that the above is clear (I usually tend to write more than needed... )

Yes it is clear thank you - plus wish lists have returned for those games and a few others

Edited on 06/22/2017 at 3:44:58 AM PST

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Jun 22, 17 3:39 AM
Thanks for the clarification, NellyT ---- I went in and did that.
And it looks like the solution is going to come from we players as you suggested ---- just everyone has to restore their wish lists and edit their rooms. Maybe?

ETA: This will sure clarify who's playing and who isn't, huh?

Edited on 06/22/2017 at 3:43:13 AM PST

dreamfantasy
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by dreamfantasy on Jun 22, 17 3:48 AM
I´ve got the same problem today - no wish list by near all my friends and no private rooms - only Johns.

I put after my avatar small information "please fill your wish lists" - I hope, my friendfs read this.

And I will try to change a littel bit by my privarte room - maybe this helps.

I very wish that the devs will remove this glitch very fast

Bye, Yvi

NellyT
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by NellyT on Jun 22, 17 3:52 AM
apmg wrote:I'm wondering if it's safe to play while wait for the gifting problem to be fixed.
I would hate to do the merry go round and loose progress.
Any thoughts on this please????

Ann

Ann, I frankly have no idea. We may never know. I would strongly suggest (especially since we are waiting for an update in the forthcoming days) to take screenshots of your avatars, achievements, inventory and friends list, so IF something happens, at least to have all information available to help the support bring you back where you were.

On the other hand, this gifting glitch is not a new one.
The same problem happened back in February and in May. And no further problems were reported due to this glitch.
See mod's announcement below:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/814304.page#6748626
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/814304.page#6769640

cbtx wrote:Thanks for the clarification, NellyT ---- I went in and did that.
And it looks like the solution is going to come from we players as you suggested ---- just everyone has to restore their wish lists and edit their rooms. Maybe?

ETA: This will sure clarify who's playing and who isn't, huh?

well... if you see the links above it was not exactly my suggestion... I just followed the instructions given back in February and May

As per your question... hmmm ... could be...

Re:Attn. Mods: gifting problem

[Post New]by MaryCricket on Jun 22, 17 3:54 AM
napoeon wrote:Same here dear....I'm not able to send gifts and my wish list is empty!

Also, there is a problem accessing other player's Private Rooms, so all players must go to their Private Room and make a small edit, such as temporarily changing a placed item or editing the name of the room. This will make sure it’s saved correctly so that other people can visit it.

ETA: I can see your wish lists now Nelly, I'm able to turn over the cards and visit your private rooms.

I did what was suggested, glitch fixed, and it did work for me

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Jun 22, 17 3:55 AM
You know, the devs were very careful to spread out the gifting periods over 8 hour intervals @ 5 per interval ---- but no one is around during each of those intervals to monitor the problems that arise. That's what really grinds my gears.

Why not just let us do all 15 at once? Because they want us playing with great frequency every day, but where are they?

So the next cycle begins in 5 hours, and many will get left out.

Only one friend has restored ---- everybody else is probably ---- like I should be!

Edited on 06/22/2017 at 4:00:23 AM PST

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Jun 22, 17 3:57 AM
Did the change in the private room (Spring Room is the room I have open on my games) and was able to access each room from my different games. So I should be accessible to others. I can access your games Norry & Nelly. Thank you for making the changes.

I put my wish list back up. Went into my Ree game and found the first social page players had arrows on the cards. Thought the problem had been fixed. Until I went to the second page and viola! no arrows there or on subsequent pages. So I have a few savvy friends who have put their wish lists back up but many more who haven't or aren't even aware there is a problem with gifting. I will gift where I can.

Ann/apmg have you put your wish lists back up? I have just come from my games and only one of your games had an arrow. Going to do the rounds anyway & hope for the best (that I don't lose progress). When we had the problem on android, we could still play our games without any other issues happening - just had to do the fixes.

Good idea cbtx about recording coins, etc.

Guess I will just have to be patient until all is well again.

Oh, yes! The problem seems to be restricted to PC as my android games are working fine.

Dot

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Jun 22, 17 4:03 AM
Dot,

Yours is easily accessible (wish list and room)! (The only one!)

Sent you a PM/

unofrio
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
412 Posts

[Post New]by unofrio on Jun 22, 17 4:07 AM
Thanks for the answer!

I went back in to see because I always just go to John's room to get his chest (unless it doesn't load then I keep going down the line until somebody's does but today his did) and yeah, can't visit any of my other friends' rooms either.

I swear if I lose my game or items, that will be it for me and MC. I'm a pet collector and currently have all but the woodpecker and all I need for him is two more eggs from the wheel. If I have to start that all over again -- well, I ain't.

I'm sure it's not though. I just get nervous seeing so many post how they lost their game or part of their game. Shudder. Two years hard work down the drain would be unacceptable to me and I sure wouldn't want to repeat.

As for taking screen shots of inventory -- no can do. Neither this nor any BF games except Bejeweled and Plants vs Zombies will play at half screen for me. I don't know why. Changing resolutions etc doesn't change that. And if I take one full screen via all the instructions to the letter, all I get is a screen shot of my desktop. Kind of stinks because I'd like to take game screen shots but oh, well. Not worth dealing with.

At best, I can write down a list of everything but that's hardly proof. I do keep a list of my friends including their ID number.

NellyT
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by NellyT on Jun 22, 17 4:10 AM
cbtx wrote:Why not just let us do all 15 at once?

I coudn't agree more!!!!

NellyT
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by NellyT on Jun 22, 17 4:14 AM
unofrio wrote:As for taking screen shots of inventory -- no can do. Neither this nor any BF games except Bejeweled and Plants vs Zombies will play at half screen for me. I don't know why. Changing resolutions etc doesn't change that. And if I take one full screen via all the instructions to the letter, all I get is a screen shot of my desktop. Kind of stinks because I'd like to take game screen shots but oh, well. Not worth dealing with.

At best, I can write down a list of everything but that's hardly proof. I do keep a list of my friends including their ID number.

Unofrio try to find on Internet a very small and light application called fraps.
This will enable you to get very easily the desired screenshots.
It is free and very easy to install and use.
With my previous laptop I had the same problem (could not run game on "windowed mode") and fraps really saved me when I lost my account.

Go to: