ruibie347
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

has anyone actually finished this game

[Post New]by ruibie347 on Jun 22, 17 4:28 AM
I tried the demo and then bought the game and I am stuck now. I went to the old temple and then played the minigame with the colored blocks which then showed light squares rising upwards then suddenly I am back at what looks like the view from the lookout and there are two wavering indian looking ghosts. my map wont come up and nothing I click works and so I cant get back to the temple or anything..anyone got any hints to help me out

bonniesgrandma
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

Re:has anyone actually finished this game

[Post New]by bonniesgrandma on Jun 23, 17 4:38 AM
I have tried to play this game, but it says I need a telescope lens and I can't find it anywhere. There is no hints!

underwriter
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by underwriter on Jun 24, 17 10:48 PM
Spoiler in reply to ruibie347: If you are where you say you are, you are finished. There are some cutscenes, but please don't ask me whether you succeeded in getting home in the helicopter, because that I don't know. After you watch the curscenes let me know what you think.

bonnies grandma, the hint is extremely challenging - until, of course, you know. It goes in ripples. I of course expected the indicated location to be at the end of the ripples, because that's how most everyone else does it, but no, it's where the ripples start. Fortunately it refills fast, because sometimes I needed to use it once to find the quarter of the screen where it was starting, and then a second time to find the exact point in that quarter. Also fortunately, the game is a little forgiving if the mouse isn't quite on point. BTW I do remember that telescope lens, and it doesn't look like a telescope lens, because it includes the casing and is in profile, so it looks like a little box. And it's on the right, so be looking on the right when you hit the hint button.

To anyone else, if you are looking for hints for materials to build things, abandon hope. There aren't any. and the materials are mostlynot in HOPs, although some are, especially at the beginning. You just have to go back to scenes already visited until you find whatever it is. The bamboo grove regrows bamboo at an impossible rate, so I never ran out of bamboo (in fact I had one stick left at the end), but lianas are another matter. I wasted my whole fifteenth day looking for one more liana. Finally found some at the mine entrance. However, you can stock up on anything you can find, even if it isn't something you need right away. I never did figure out the difference between a pebble and a cobblestone, but I eventually got enough of both. This game was definitely different, but interesting. I'n glad I finished.

Edited on 06/24/2017 at 10:50:07 PM PST

[Post New]by lcneethling on Jul 4, 17 6:20 AM
I finished the game after being on the island for 17 days .

Go to: