Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Haunted Hotel: Personal Nightmare here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jun 23, 17 12:35 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 06/23/2017 at 5:13:57 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Haunted Hotel: Personal Nightmare here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 23, 17 5:15 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Haunted Hotel: Personal Nightmare here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Haunted Hotel: Personal Nightmare.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Jul 9, 17 4:17 AM

Thoroughly enjoyed this latest addition to the Haunted Hotel games, one of the most gripping series around for me.

I think this one is their best yet.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jul 12, 17 6:29 PM
Welcome to the Freedom Hotel, a hotel that can grant your deepest desires, a hotel that can help you overcome your deepest fears. A hotel whose owner just might be the Ruler of Darkness, the Angel of Light, Belial in the flesh, the great Deceiver, Beelzebub, the almighty King of the bottomless pit! The cost of a room at this hotel isn't cheap, you could very well pay the ultimate price.....you're soul!
To play this game, you'll have to sign a contract with the hotel's owner (no worries, you will be signing in as Stephen Blake searching for his mother Elizabeth and sister Kate, not your chosen screen name, just in case your darkest fear is the fear of signing away your soul, also known as thedevilmademedoitphobia) To try to make your stay more enjoyable, I suggest the CE version, which gives you the freedom to search for Ghosts of past hotel guests, Morphing Beyond objects and Morphing Phobias. The owner would appreciate your cooperation in returning his missing family Crest pieces as well, so if you come across any of these fragments, kindly assemble the crest and return the screensaver, no questions asked.
Also for your entertainment, the hotel has arranged some wicked Hidden Object Scenes, prior guests say they are absolutely to die for! Former guest Mary had this to say: "I absolutely loved the HOP scene where I found objects that matched the silhouetted shapes of animal prints, one in particular appears to belong to some sort of beast!" One of our favorite hotel guests, James, had this to say about his experience: " I had no choice but to dig through a mucky fountain as I searched for items to save my life" One of our permanent guests Frank also adds: "The hotel's bar is in shambles, I had to move items just to find two of every ingredient so I could whip up my favorite spirit!"
The puzzles are optional at this hotel, you won't be penalized for not participating in the game, however, it is strongly recommended that you give at least one of these games a try, if you want to have a more immersive experience:
1) Navigate through the hotel corridors to reach your mother using the hotel map to select the correct hallways and doorways. Caution, your deepest fears will come into play.
2) Place the flags according to the year they represent.
3) Find the correct path through the forest by rotating the compass until the correct group of prints that match the clues align, then choose the path the arrow points to. Please be cautious of things that go bump in the dark forest.
4) Place the owls in their correct color coded spots. (please ignore the fact that you just fed a spotted owl walnuts)...(because they don't eat nuts)...(they eat meat)....(but maybe he's just trying to overcome his fear of eating the same thing a squirrel does)...(....just saying....)
5) Guide the mouse through the labyrinth by using directional arrows to plot the course and clicking the start button to test your solution. (do you think mechanical mice have fears?)(they probably have a fear of everything bigger than themselves, which is almost everything, a.k.a. thewholeenchilada phobia)
6) Follow the recipe to brew a soothing cup of tea to give to James because he's supposedly freaking out... but he looks perfectly fine to me. ( I fear people who are freaking out but appear normal. whatsupwiththat phobia)
HAUNTED HOTEL GAMES AVAILABLE:
Haunted Hotel (SE only 11-16-11)
Haunted Hotel II: Believe the Lies (SE only 11-16-11)
Ancient Bane (5-29-14)
Charles Dexter Ward (6-10-12)
Death Sentence (12-18-14)
Eclipse (10-10-13)
Eternity (4-24-15)
Lonely Dream (SE only 11-25-11)
Personal Nightmare (5-25-17)
Phoenix (8-20-15)
Silent Waters (9-17-16)
The Axiom Butcher (4-30-16)
The Thirteenth (12-24-16)
The X (11-12-15)
The Collector's Edition has 10 Wallpapers, 10 Concept Art pictures, 4 Music Soundtracks, 15 Achievements, Morphing Phobias, 20 Morphing Beyond Objects, 20 Hotel Crest fragments to assemble a Screensaver, 12 replayable Mini Games, 16 replayable Hidden Object Scenes, a built in Strategy Guide and a Bonus Chapter, sleep tight, enjoy!

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Dec 21, 17 9:35 PM
This is one of the better games in this series...one of the best I played in a long time. The graphics are very good and the game play is well balanced. Although there is some going back and forth, it is not overwhelming and neither is the collecting of inventory items for tasks. You have time to enjoy the scenery and the game story.

I played both CE and SE demos. There is a well balance of hos and mini games. In the CE extras it indicated 16 hos and 12 mini games, but that is for the CE, so I don't know how many there are in the SE. Seemed like there were more mini games in the demo, but they were doable which I liked. I had to keep doing the horse navigation over and over again, but finally~ Had to refer to the strategy guide for the maze through the rooms, but got the hang of that after a while, too. I think there were 4 hos in the demo which were varied and enjoyable. I particularly liked the one finding the foot prints in the stone. I don't think I would care to replay either mini games or hos which are offered in the CE. I would just replay the game if I wanted to do that. It is good enough to. I didn't read anything about the bonus chapter, so that would be the only reason I would go for the CE because I wasn't all that impressed with the extras in the CE. I will probably go with the SE.

It was humorous to read the letter that was next to the owl game where he was writing how happy he was that Mary accepted his proposal and that now all he had to do was tell her father that he (the father) gave him the creeps. Imagine telling your future in law that?

This game is not too easy and not too hard....probably too easy for advanced players, but just right for the intermediate ones. It's great to have a game that is so well balanced as this one...one that you can play without getting stressed out from hyperactivity. I am looking forward to adding this to my collection....hope you will, too~

Go to: