bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Vancouver- Level Help

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 23, 17 7:28 AM
Hey Everyone,

With all the cities that are available for you to explore, it can be a little tricky to find help or give advice for specific levels in each city. To help out, we've set up the Gummy Drop! City Directory and have created threads for each city.

This specific thread is dedicated to Vancouver. To help keep everything organized, we're asking that all requests for help or helpful advice posted here pertain to this city only. If you'd like help with a different city, do check out the Gummy Drop! City Directory in order to find the appropriate thread.

In the post below, the moderators will try to add links to existing threads that contain helpful hints for this city. However, we'd like to ask everyone to create any new Vancouver posts here. You can do this by clicking on the Reply button. If you'd like, you can also change the Subject line to the specific level that your post is about.

Happy gaming!

bfgBellerophon

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Vancouver- Level Help

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 23, 17 7:28 AM
Existing Vancouver threads:

Knismesis
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Knismesis on Jun 30, 17 10:15 PM
13?

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jul 1, 17 5:53 AM
13 intern was either not bad or I got lucky. I had moves at the start that went along the sides of the papers, and some of the gummies with ice timers on them could match each other. I worked to clear out the ice timers and got the last one right before it turned to ice.

I haven't managed architect on it, although I'm sure it would be easy if I were to use boosts. I avoid using boosts until I get frustrated.

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Jul 1, 17 6:29 AM
Likewise, no problem with 13 at Intern level. No boosts of any kind used.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Jul 1, 17 8:28 AM
I alsi didn't have an issue with this one, if your layout has good moves to smash up the papers from the start, go with it. Especially lower down, then they all tumble and create even more matches, and smash up the papers even more, dropping the timed ones down and they too make matches. I got that one first go, but was probably lucky too. I can see how it would be tricky.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 3, 17 12:05 PM
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to pop in here and thank players for offering their advice for Vancouver, Level 13. What helped me get through this level was to also use the steps that lordkalvan mentioned. By starting with a few matches on the side to get rid of the stickers, I then worked to make matches on the middle of the board. These matches would help get rid of the timers in the middle portion. Keep in mind that you may have to be methodical since once the timers run out, ice blocks will appear. After I got rid of the timers in the middle portion of the board, I then worked to get the souvenirs to fall and obtain the score level requirement.

If you continue to have issues, feel free to reach out to our Gummy Drop Support Team with your player ID and details of the issue. The good news about Gummy Drop! is that with enough reports of certain levels, we can help fine tune them. I'll include below how to obtain your player ID:

What is an in-game ID?

Good luck! If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the Active Moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by LadyCarol44 on Jul 3, 17 7:20 PM
Level 32 - What's the Secret here? Can empty the box of white squares - how do you get other colors inside the box? Thanks!

Drill in Buy & Sell Resources

[Post New]by jpgski on Jul 3, 17 8:42 PM
Hello, when I opened the Trade Center icon while in Vancouver it gave me what looked to be the opportunity to buy a drill for a certain amount of bricks. I did and, afterwards, it still shows the drill, but now for a higher amount of bricks.

1.) Is this the drill everyone is talking about to use to mine green gems?
2.) Can green gems be mined in Vancouver, or do I need to send the drill to somewhere else?
3.) Where do I find this drill I just bought?

Thank you for your help!

[Post New]by globetrotter217 on Jul 3, 17 10:37 PM
Lady Carol, you play the gummies undernesth the enclosure and the tinfoil will fall through. Then you can unwrap the giant gummy by matchjng gummies around it.

Jpgski, yes this is the drill that can only be bought in Tokyo and can be used to mine gems in any city except Sydney by opening the trade centre and clicking on it as long as you have enough resources to pay for them. The price of the gems varies constantly. It is generally not a good idea to mine gems in your current city if you haven't yet built all monuments, you might find yourself having to ship resources, or buy them from the trade center or helping hands.

[Post New]by Lientjes on Jul 4, 17 11:32 PM
Why i can not play level 31 in vancouver

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Jul 5, 17 9:26 AM
Lientjes, when you ask "Why i can not play level 31 in vancouver", do you mean, its hard and you would like some tips on how to get through it, or has Vancouver disappeared? Or is there a technical issue with the level?

If its tips you want on how to pass, thats easy to answer. If you are visiting Vancouver whilst its free to play there, that offer may have ended so its gone. If there is a technical issue with the game, you should contact tech support or a mod on this forum. Let us know what the problem is.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jul 5, 17 1:35 PM
Hello Lientjes,

Welcome to the forums! The Vancouver Level Help thread is an excellent place to seek gameplay advice, and I'm glad you've swum by.

As OOo_jules_oOO mentioned, Vancouver was temporarily unlocked for free for all players during a promotion. The promotion began at 12:00 AM Pacific Standard Time on July 1, 2017, and it ended at 11:59 PM PST on July 4, 2017. If Vancouver was played during the free unlocked period, then Vancouver, Level 30 can't be accessed because the city reverted to being locked. Your progress will become available again when the city is unlocked by completing Cannes.

However, if Vancouver had been unlocked by completing the previous city, then I'd recommend contacting our Gummy Drop! Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to provide further help. Please include your User ID with your inquiry.

Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active Moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Dec 6, 17 9:26 PM
Just swimming by to bump it up!

CaribouLou
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by CaribouLou on Dec 14, 17 5:25 PM
bfgBellerophon wrote:Existing Vancouver threads:

Can I get some help on Level 114 Vancouver? I can’t figure out how to get to the Stamps in the middle of the board. Makes no sense to me at all. Thanks in advance.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Dec 15, 17 5:46 PM
Hello CaribouLou,

I'm happy to swim by and offer some advice about Vancouver, Level 114. In order to clear the tiles in the box in the center of the board, the Tornado must jump to (and therefore clear) one of the three tiles at the top of the box. The next time a match is made directly above that cleared space at the top of the box, gummies will begin to drop down into the box. The more gummies that drop into the box, the easier it becomes to clear the tiles and beat the level.

I'd recommend focusing on making Lightening Bolt boosts, too. This will make it easier for you to achieve the 20,000 score minimum.

Hopefully this advice is useful. Please don't hesitate to PM me or another moderator if new questions arise. We'll be happy to help.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by Allnamesinuse on Dec 19, 17 5:19 PM
I understand that but doesn't Tornado work randomly? I've tried a dozen times and the tornado seldom cleared any central tiles. Only once has it moved a top one.

[Post New]by globetrotter217 on Dec 20, 17 12:34 AM
Yes, the tornado is random. If you are not that patient (like me ) a shovel might help...

Maudcat
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Maudcat on Mar 31, 18 5:53 PM
Having trouble clearing the HH at 73-3–drop two propellers. I keep running out of moves.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 4, 18 10:40 AM
Hello Maudcat,

Vancouver, Level 73 - 3, is absolutely a challenge. I'm happy to share what helped me beat this level.

The furthest right and furthest left columns of the board have portals underneath them. When the color blockers drop through those portals, instead of disappearing from the board they'll appear in another column.

The portals transport the souvenirs and the color blockers to the column on the left and the column on the right of the central column. Detonating the color blockers once they've dropped through the portals made it easier to clear tiles (and get the souvenirs to fall through the bottom of the board). I focused on clearing stickers from those columns as quickly as possible. Once the color blockers detonated, it became a lot easier to reach the score minimum and remove all of the tiles.

I hope these suggestions help, and don't hesitate to PM me or another moderator if new questions arise. Have a lovely day as well.

bfgBeruna

Go to: