Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Saga of the Nine Worlds: The Gathering here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jun 25, 17 12:47 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 06/25/2017 at 9:55:34 AM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Saga of the Nine Worlds: The Gathering here.

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jun 25, 17 9:57 AM
Howdy Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Saga of the Nine Worlds: The Gathering here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Saga of the Nine Worlds: The Gathering.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. In the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

And, finally, please feel free to PM one of our active Moderators if there are any further questions. We're all happy to help out and listen as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Robcol
Minnow
Minnow
207 Posts

[Post New]by Robcol on Jun 26, 17 2:44 PM

Edited on 06/30/2017 at 3:41:37 PM PST

[Post New]by Dayanablack on Jun 29, 17 9:48 AM
The game has ultra beautiful graphics.... however it's turns too complex and cut scenes are somwhat longer than they should be.... nevertheless a fine game.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jun 30, 17 3:49 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thanks so much for contributing to the discussion about this game. The Moderation Team appreciates your feedback, and I'm just swimming by to ask that everyone follow the aforementioned Review Guidelines when posting in this thread. Specifically, I'd like to draw your attention to the following rule:

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Saga of the Nine Worlds: The Gathering.

This helps keep the forum organized, and your assistance with this is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your understanding, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another active Moderator if any more questions or concerns arise.

bfgBeruna

Edited on 06/30/2017 at 3:49:43 PM PST

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jul 12, 17 10:23 AM
Apparently I am a Shield Maiden for the Princess. I'm pretty sure this is a job no one else wants, after all, a Shield Maiden basically takes a bullet for the Princess so she doesn't break a nail. Now we're not talking about a normal battle with other shield maidens (and arrow maidens I suppose) we're talking about protecting the Princess from a very angry, fire breathing dragon! There's no telling how many Shield Maidens have come before me, and by the end of the game, I'm not sure if either me or the Princess make it out alive.
At one point, I think I actually died, all I know is after doing my shielding thing, I woke up in a boat with some strange old man who told me that 3 companions would be joining me on my quest. Quest! What Quest? The Princess is nowhere in sight, this is my chance to get out of Dodge, or at least away from the creepy old man! Now I'm told that I have to actually Uber these 3 companions, and I'll bet you anything, not a single one will chip in for boat gas! First I travel to the woods to fetch the Huntress. Wouldn't ya know it, I have to save the "huntress" from an angry pig, her resume isn't looking too good from my point of view, just saying. Next I'm off to see the Seer, and I've seen enough already! This dude has a few loose nuts and bolts because he has strapped a pair of giant antlers onto his back! Incredible he tells ME to prove myself worthy, I'm going to just let it go at that and agree that we don't "see" eye to eye. Finally I Uber my little boat over to the Skald. Turns out a Skald is a musician with a really bad attitude. Let's see now, I have a Huntress who can't hunt, a Seer who doesn't see straight, and a Skald, someone has a vivid imagination and it ain't the dragon! By now, I'm seriously considering defecting to the Dragons Team, so thankfully, the demo has ended.......but the Saga continues......
Usually I prefer the Collector's Edition versions because I like finding all the extra's, but the 37 Collectible Yggdrasil Tiles thrilled me about as much as the demo did, zilch! Probably because I don't like collecting things I can't pronounce. Apparently there are 8 collectible Characters, I didn't bother looking for them because I was too busy keeping an eye on that Seer fellow, I don't trust him.
The Hidden Object Scenes were okay, but nothing thrilling. Most of the HOP's are in the form of finding Keywords, two of which involved a map, another was divided into 3 rooms. I did like the Interactive List find HOP on a Stained Glass Window that required you to strum 3 different strings to switch sections of the stained glass.
The Mini Games were decent enough, and definitely the best part of the entire game. Below are brief descriptions of some of the games you'll encounter during the long, boring demo:
1) Recall the dragons attack pattern then press arrows to shield the blows.
2) Use different lengths of vines to repair a net.
3) Plan a strategy by choosing the logical item in equations.
4) Swap tokens along the connecting lines until each is next to its corresponding symbol.
5) Press arrows to align the outlines inside the crystal with the red lines in the rock.
6) Hang the crystals on the correct hooks so their shadow fills the outline on the wall.
7) Swap tiles so that the numbers on the equals the number of end points.
8) Drag the lines so that one of each symbol is contained within each of the 4 shield segments.
9) Pluck the strings in the correct order referencing the length of the snakes.
10) Connect pairs of the same symbols with lines that don't intersect.
11) Swap the arrows.
The Collector's Edition has 4 Concept Art pictures, 8 Wallpapers, a Book of Origins Journal, 8 Collectible Characters, 37 Collectible Yggdrasil Tiles, 14 Movie Videos, 6 Music Soundtracks, 15 replayable Mini Games, 11 replayable Hidden Object Scenes, a built in Strategy Guide and a Bonus Chapter.

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Jul 13, 17 1:07 PM
First off, I must say that Eipix have really gone out on a limb with special effects and new things to see and do with lots of screen movement. Kudos to them for trying something different and, as usual, the graphics are truly fabulous.

However, this game is as fast moving as a striking snail. The interest value is on a par with watching paint dry or grass grow. Really, I started yawning after playing for 20 minutes and I already feel too bored to play any more. Someone else can be the Shield Maiden, I resign.

I'll finish the game because I bought it without demo. My error. I was under the misapprehension that a new Eipix series was bound to be good.

Pennmom36 I just loved your review, it made me laugh out loud.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jul 13, 17 3:47 PM
Thanx layzeedaisy, looks like we both have a sarcastic sense of humor, lol

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Oct 16, 17 12:57 PM
i lasted about 5 minutes, awful game!

Go to: