How do I get past the first levels?

[Post New]by Dayanablack on Jun 25, 17 3:45 AM
I'm sorry, perhaps I'm a dummy but I don't understad how to play this game.... what's the goal??? A special gem or what????

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:How do I get past the first levels?

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jun 25, 17 6:36 AM
Well, I didn't like the game enough to buy it, so only got to level 12 or 13 before the demo ran out and deleted it, but this game doesn't play like a typical M3. You're supposed to use your limited moves to open up pathways that Lily can move around in. Drag Lily around on the "surface" or down and about in the "pathways" underground. Lily can be moved an infinite number of times; it's only your pathway creation that you have to puzzle out. Sometimes you have to go back up to the surface and dig down elsewhere to get what you need.

Every level has a different goal. I only got to experience these:

-finding treasure: you have to locate a hidden gem/crystal/hidden treasure in the game board and create a contiguous pathway for Lily to reach it

-depth: dig down far enough underground to reach the depth specified (check your depth meter on the right to see your progress as you move through the pathway). The "material" changes and gets harder the farther down you go. In the early stages Lily can't dig through solid rock presumably because her pickaxe hasn't upgraded enough. I would also think reaching the water table will stop her since people can't breathe underwater. Some fishies reported they couldn't reach the 20m goal in level 2, but I did it in 2 tries...just keep exploring until you find a soft enough spot somewhere that lets you keep digging downwards, and use the drill powerup to go down faster.

-clear enough tiles: match out enough tiles before running out of moves

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jun 25, 17 6:38 AM
Try to match over the glittering tiles because glittering tiles have white crystals which give you extra moves when picked up. Bigger matches (4 or more tiles) give assorted powerups. In the early levels you're only allowed to carry one powerup at a time, so part of the strategy is to use your powerup before you create another one.

Hope that helps.

[Post New]by Gronssard on Jul 6, 17 8:14 AM
As Synthpopaddict said, the key is to ensure that you have a lot of moves available. The glittering tiles gives you that opportunity to grow a 'bank' of moves.
Also, when you match 4 tiles, you get an explosive or drill power up. Help you a lot when you are in a rut and don't find a new path.
The game is a mix of match 3, labyrinth and mind game. There are no hints, skip or strategy guide. You have to figure it out by yourself. Something new, no?
Seem simple, is a lot more complicated than the face value. I'm on level 63 and the problems solving is quite tricky...
As I don't play with any sound, never, can't reply about the music or Lily's voice.
All I know is that I really enjoy that game for I have to think before doing a move. It's not all traced ahead like most of the games.

Go to: