Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grandpa's Table here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jun 28, 17 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 06/28/2017 at 6:57:34 AM PST

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grandpa's Table here.

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Jun 28, 17 1:28 AM
Downloaded it, but couldn't get the game to open. It stayed stuck on the logo except for a box in the bottom left of the screen. The box had a British and an American flag on it. If you clicked them, they pulled up many, MANY European flags on the right hand side of the screen (presumably to change the language of the game). Along with the numerous European flags was a pink arrow on the middle left of the screen. If you clicked it, the flags would all disappear. All this was accompanied by painfully loud and tinnily awful music that I could not turn off.

There was also no way to back out of the logo screen. I had to do a hard reboot.

I have Windows 7.

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Jun 28, 17 5:25 AM
Windows 7.

Game downloaded and opened without problems, but I can't figure out how to get to the area of the table to start the game. I get that you have to click the arrows on the box, but I can't progress past the areas visible on the left side (language, special thanks to). I can't figure out if this is a genuine technical issue or a lack of understanding on my part how to actually open the game.

A1psyko
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by A1psyko on Jun 28, 17 5:42 AM
Same as others. I can open the game but once I am at the first option to play on the desk and move the chips around on the first 2 sections I don't get any stars. On the third game moving the chips together they don't do anything. I then wanted to exit the game but had to start task manager to close it. As with the others maybe I don't understand how to work the game? May not be a technical issue but a user (me) issue? I am using Windows 10.

I tried this game again. I did find out you need to investigate the first scene with the desk. I clicked around in the dark and found part of the game. Not sure what it is for but found something. Still no way to get out of the game except task manager.

Edited on 06/28/2017 at 6:02:37 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 28, 17 6:58 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help. Checking out the help articles in Big Fish Games Help is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.[/color]

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

Edited on 06/29/2017 at 2:24:16 PM PST

Kathilisa
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by Kathilisa on Jun 28, 17 11:29 AM
I didn't even get that far!

OK I know my XP is out of date, but all I got on trying this game was a black screen....not even any music. After a few minutes I gave up and the only way I could get out of it was to shut down my computer.

What a waste of time

I'll go back to some tried and trusted games (currently driving myself potty with The Magic Handbook ll - BlackLore )

TJPorche
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by TJPorche on Jun 28, 17 11:32 AM
I'm also having trouble opening the game. It gives me a message box which is blank.

cjmajor49
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by cjmajor49 on Jun 28, 17 3:14 PM
All I get is a black screen. More and more games recently are pure duds. Get on it, Felix!!

treklady1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Window Mode Failure

[Post New]by treklady1 on Jun 28, 17 3:26 PM
When I try to unclick FULL SCREEN mode, the game freezes. I have to CTRL-ALT-DELETE to bring up Task Manager to end task. There is an error dialog box that then appears "Invalid value (1281)". I have Windows 10 Home.

Also, when trying to click on the Big Fish Help link in the moderator's post, the page states: "We're sorry, but the page you're looking for doesn't seem to be here."

violet922
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by violet922 on Jun 29, 17 1:28 AM
I agree with the other complaints. This game has SERIOUS problems in my opinion.

The Custom Cursor is slow and I can't find an option to get rid of it. I spent 15 minutes of the game trying to find the Options. There was a music box that allowed you to silence the music but that was it. Moving around the screen was very slow. Could not find how to Exit the game at all. I finally had to press the Esc key on my keyboard and a window came up asking if I wanted to exit. You can bet I pressed in the affirmative.

I wanted to play this game, as it seemed 'simple and relaxing' but the developers did a very poor job creating this and I would not take this game even if it were offered free. You can't play it properly and that says it all. I have Windows 7 if that means anything to anybody.
No. I am not going to contact anyone to try to figure out if it is my computer's fault. It's not. Other games play fine and I have over 100 in my game manager. This one is simply faulty. Back to the drawing board for this one!

lcjdqs
Clownfish
Clownfish
691 Posts

[Post New]by lcjdqs on Jun 29, 17 10:50 AM
I have tried 5 times to play this game. Still can not figure out how to get anywhere. I found a key, but no place for it. Please someone tell me how to start this game? Will be back later to see if answer.

TJPorche
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by TJPorche on Jun 29, 17 1:36 PM
I just thought I'd let all know that I tried to run this game as admin and that didn't work either. So I've deleted the trial yet again. I really really want to play this game. Hope there's a fix soon.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jun 29, 17 4:41 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to report your experiences when playing Grandpa's Table. It sounds like there are some different issues here and most of them seem to be describing a freeze or crash, so I wanted to swim by real fast to provide some steps that may help resolve those issues as well as how to contact our Support Team should more help be necessary.

First, treklady1, thank you so much for telling us those links weren't working properly. Those links are working as expected now, and I want to apologize for us not catching that earlier when it was posted. Now, let's talk about freezing issues with the game.

If the game is freezing or crashing when interacting with it, what we recommend is seeing if the following page of steps is able to help resolve that quickly or if it points to an issue that requires more assistance to resolve. Our general steps on how to resolve a freeze, crash, or a blank screen are below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Those steps should be able to resolve most of the issues that would cause a freeze, crash, or otherwise, but it's possible more assistance is necessary. If those steps didn't seem to help or if you've already tried some troubleshooting to resolve the issue, please contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report so our Reps can look further into the issue. Our Reps will be sure to follow up as quickly as they can and will ensure you're not stuck with a game you are unable to play.

It also sounds like some players are receiving a box or blank message when trying to play. In this case, I recommend using the steps above to contact our Support Team and provide them a screenshot of that message or box so that it can be investigated further. Just in case it's helpful, the following guide can help with taking a screenshot:

Taking a Screenshot

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jun 29, 17 4:41 PM
lcjdqs, it sounds like there may be a technical issue here if the game is not opening. It sounds like you have found a key, but no key is necessary to start the game. If you are seeing the need to enter a Security Key, I recommend reviewing the following article as that may help resolve this issue:

Security Key Error

This will mean getting in touch with our Technical Support Team as they can provide the key necessary should that error be presented. If that's not the error being experienced, please be sure to provide a screenshot of what you are seeing with the key and being unable to play the game. This will help our Reps work with you to see what the next best steps are.

Thank you all for your patience and for letting us know your experiences while playing. Hopefully, those steps are helpful, and if not, that our Reps can assist with the game further beyond the forums. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jun 30, 17 5:08 AM
violet922 wrote:I agree with the other complaints. This game has SERIOUS problems in my opinion.

The Custom Cursor is slow and I can't find an option to get rid of it. I spent 15 minutes of the game trying to find the Options. There was a music box that allowed you to silence the music but that was it. Moving around the screen was very slow. Could not find how to Exit the game at all. I finally had to press the Esc key on my keyboard and a window came up asking if I wanted to exit. You can bet I pressed in the affirmative.

I wanted to play this game, as it seemed 'simple and relaxing' but the developers did a very poor job creating this and I would not take this game even if it were offered free. You can't play it properly and that says it all. I have Windows 7 if that means anything to anybody.
No. I am not going to contact anyone to try to figure out if it is my computer's fault. It's not. Other games play fine and I have over 100 in my game manager. This one is simply faulty. Back to the drawing board for this one!

I'm also running Win7 and the game plays perfectly. Some old games did require the player to hit the 'esc' key before getting the option to exit, although I must admit I've not seen it in years!

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jun 30, 17 5:34 AM
lcjdqs wrote:I have tried 5 times to play this game. Still can not figure out how to get anywhere. I found a key, but no place for it. Please someone tell me how to start this game? Will be back later to see if answer.

You don't need a key; I haven't even found one. At the top right of the table is a box with a large right pointing arrow on it (the arrow has a red jewel in the centre). Click the arrow and you get a screen with what looks like a tin box or a pad that says 'Youth'. There's also a left/ and right arrow as well as a house shaped icon which takes you back to the home page. Click on the word 'youth' and the first puzzle will open.

At the top of the game page are 3 icons; the 'circular arrow' is used to undo the last move; hold it down and you will undo all your moves. The question mark (?) gives you the game guide and also the option to use the coins you've earned from previous levels to solve the puzzle (obviously you can't use this option on the first level). The double lines or 'pause' button icon can take you back to the main menu.

Although the levels will end if you group all the colours together, you won't earn any points; you need them to unlock bonus levels which when completed give you a memento. You find these in the draw at the bottom of the screen. It's also worth mentioning that you mouse wheel will cause the screen to zoom in and out, so might hide buttons you need.

I hope this helps

GRHA
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by GRHA on Jul 1, 17 6:45 AM
Thought this game might prove different from the usual. It certainly is. Gave up trying to load as like other people only got the corner of the table and the name of the makers. As so many people are having a problem shouldn't these things be sorted BEFORE putting on line?

Updating trial to paid wiped out key and collectibles

[Post New]by chdavisjr on Jul 22, 17 10:03 AM
I played the trial through the first level and the bonus game, and had the key and other items in my drawer. I purchased the activation a few minutes ago. When I started the full game, all my levels showed the 3 stars and was ready to play the 2nd level, However, after exploring around the table, the bottom right door is locked, and the hidden key nook shows the key has been found, but I am told I need the key. Also, the drawer under the table top is empty. None of my trasures are there. Also, the journal is locked whereas I had unlocked it in the trial. This is the first BF game where activation wiped out all my collectibles. I can not find an option to restart from the beginning, so will uninstall it and then try reinstalling to start over. I am running Windows 10 Pro 2017 edition.

[Post New]by purplescapolite on Jul 26, 17 4:57 PM
I get a message that reads "Open GI, is not supported by the video driver."" I have no clue what this means. Can anyone help?? Thanks!

[Post New]by neonette on Jul 27, 17 10:38 AM
My System is Windows 7 and I also couldn't play the game, because all I got was a black screen, a cursor and music. After some random clicks I probably started a level, but it all stayed the same. Black screen again. Restared it like 4 times with always the same result.

I think this is less an issue on the user side, but more on the programming side, since (in my case) the game IS running, but no graphics appear besides the cursor.

Go to: