Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Re:Starting over

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jun 28, 17 2:50 AM
The only thing I can tell you is that to leave the game I had to do a Ctrl-Alt-Delete, and despite me clicking on every single thing on the menu page there was no Exit or Quit button.

[Post New]by moonfish1956 on Jun 28, 17 3:59 AM
After 5 mins of clicking around, the only way I could find out of the game was to press the escape button which brought up an exit menu. Turning on and off the lamp seemed to do only that - what's that about? Am I missing something?....I realise l deserve all the answers l get to that question

sadeyes0722
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by sadeyes0722 on Jun 28, 17 5:19 AM
game doesn't play. deleted it. would have loved to try this game.

Martyheinz
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,130 Posts

[Post New]by Martyheinz on Jun 28, 17 7:20 AM
To exit game, hit escape.

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

Starting over

[Post New]by Bartsister on Jun 28, 17 9:59 AM
cbtx wrote:Can you replay this game?

Can you start the game over at any point? (new game)

If there is no in-game way to set a new profile and you wish to start over, the easiest way would be to delete your saved game. If you have a Mac, I can't help you but for PCs:

Navigate to the Users folder on your C drive and then select your name/computer name.

Then go to App Data and look in the Roaming folder for the developer's name. If you delete the game folder there, that should do it.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need more precise info to get to the saved game folder.

[Post New]by Dayanablack on Jun 29, 17 4:02 AM
if you want to restart a level, just return to the table..... then go back to the level and it will be restarted.... like it was a new level.....

[Post New]by pennypops on Jun 29, 17 3:26 PM
sadeyes0722 wrote:game doesn't play. deleted it. would have loved to try this game.
dont worry. you are missing nothing. Its crap...really really crap

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jun 30, 17 5:59 AM
pennypops wrote:
sadeyes0722 wrote:game doesn't play. deleted it. would have loved to try this game.
dont worry. you are missing nothing. Its crap...really really crap

Is it really necessary to say that about a game that the devs have worked hard over?? If you don't like it, fine but others do, including myself. If you can't find something nice to say, don't say anything at all rather than be so denigrating about it.

Personally I love the game; it requires you to think.

lamp_post
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by lamp_post on Jul 3, 17 8:44 AM
Yes, you can start over. Simply go to the table click on it. The book will come up, click on it where it says youth and you can choose which one you want to go to, including the very first puzzle.

I am on the last youth puzzle and and loving every minute of it. It is a logical process but you must have your thinking cap on!

Have fun and enjoy!

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Jul 8, 17 2:56 PM
Pennypops, I don't think it is necessary to refer to any game as crap. That attitude really shows a lack of thinking. There are thousands of games out there; some I like; some I don't.

I own over a hundred, maybe two hundred, haven't counted lately. I am enjoying this game more than any I have played in a long time. Is it just perhaps too taxing for your underworked brain?

rainbowtree
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by rainbowtree on Jul 10, 17 6:46 AM
I agree with the previous posts. If you don't like a game simply don't play it. To be unkind is a reflection on you. Personally, I also love games that make you think. The only problem I have is that there is no reset, only undo moves.

Found a neat trick. Go to the APP DATA per previous user, and delete only the saved levels file. You start over, but get to keep your coins to help you with the trickier levels.

Also found hitting the ESC key several times will take you back to the BFG Game Manager.

Love this game. Wish there were more like it.

Edited on 07/14/2017 at 3:13:04 PM PST

mainegamer
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by mainegamer on Aug 11, 17 6:56 AM
Like several others, I loved the game but didn't like being unable to start over once I'd completed it. I'm technology-challenged and don't know many tricks, so thanks so much to those of you who have posted solutions!

Go to: