Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirit of the Ancient Forest here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jun 29, 17 2:38 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 06/29/2017 at 6:33:44 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirit of the Ancient Forest here.

[Post New]by clilo66 on Jun 29, 17 5:40 AM
i can´t drag and drop any item in the game

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 29, 17 6:34 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help. Checking out the help articles in Big Fish Games Help is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.[/color]

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by Glesni on Jun 29, 17 7:28 AM
I can drag and drop the jigsaw puzzle but, having reached level 6, I can't drag and drop the items from the heap. When I try they just wobble. So I'm stuck. I'm on Windows 7.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 29, 17 8:00 AM
Hi Glesni,

Welcome to the forums! I'm sorry to hear that when trying to play this game, there is some trouble progressing at Level 6. It is recommended to try to run the game as an administrator. This will allow the game to obtain the necessary permissions and resources to run properly. Please refer to the following Big Fish Games Help page for this specific steps:

If you continue to have issues, feel free to reach out to our Customer Support Team. The Support Team has the tools to look into this for you.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to PM any of the moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 29, 17 9:15 AM
The part where you have to disassemble items, taking them from the top and putting them anywhere else on the space, is not well done. I managed to take most items off the heap by holding the cursor down for a while and then trying to move the object. Didn't always work. It's best done when the object doesn't jiggle about. But it's very badly designed.

[Post New]by Mojocat on Jun 29, 17 11:44 AM
Me too. Stuck on level 6, where you drag and drop an item. The item can be chosen but it will not drag. Tried all the advice from the tech folks (compatibility mode, run as administrator) and it didn't work. Also tried the holding it a bit longer, but it wouldn't move for me. Can't move past level six if it can't be fixed. Using Windows 10. Like this game, please fix!

Edited on 06/29/2017 at 6:45:03 PM PST

[Post New]by Snyder77 on Jun 29, 17 5:55 PM
I am also stuck on Level 6. Cannot drag and drop the items. I've tried the fixes, and nothing seems to work. I was enjoying the game, too. I am using Windows 10. Hoping for a fix!

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Jun 29, 17 9:10 PM
Level 6 is extremely clunky! The devs should do a bit of fixing ASAP!

I managed to finish the level but it was very hard.

My laptop is Win 10 anniversary edition

muonquark
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by muonquark on Jun 30, 17 5:11 AM
Same here, unable to move any objects on level 6 in the demo.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jun 30, 17 10:33 AM
Hello Everyone,

Thanks so much for reaching out, and I'm sorry to hear your games aren't running properly. I'm swimming by to offer troubleshooting support.

Whenever a game won't respond to commend or runs choppily, I recommend checking that the computer's video card driver is up to date. This can help the game and the computer work together more smoothly. I also recommend running the game with administrator privileges, which can allow it to access necessary resources. I've included the help pages containing those respective instructions below.

If the troubles with the game persist, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to provide further support. I also want to assure you that although the Moderation Team doesn't have control over changes made to games, we always advocate for our players, so I'll pass this information along to the appropriate teams.

Thanks again for your patience. If any further questions arise, please don't hesitate to PM me or another active Moderator. We're always here to help.

bfgBeruna

kaitlinn
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by kaitlinn on Jul 1, 17 8:40 AM
Can't drag anything either - windows 10

Kazzie_UK
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Kazzie_UK on Jul 1, 17 12:41 PM
Having the same problem... I cannot drag and drop. Any up-date on a fix yet?

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jul 1, 17 2:05 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for reaching out. I wanted to swim by and respond to Kazzie_UK. At this time, there isn't an update to fix what's preventing items in Chapter Six of this game from being moved. The Moderation Team doesn't receive advance notice of updates, but if and when one is published, we'll post an announcement in this forum immediately.

For those who cannot move items, I'd recommend trying the troubleshooting steps outlined above. Checking that the computer's video card driver is up to date and running the game as an administrator could resolve the glitch by making the game and the computer interact more smoothly. I've included help pages with those instructions below.

If the troubles still persist after following those directions, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to provide more help.

Thanks for your patience and your understanding. Please PM me or another active Moderator if more questions or concerns arise. We're glad to be of service.

bfgBeruna

Monkeygus
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Monkeygus on Jul 1, 17 4:52 PM
Unplayable after you get to level 6. I tried everything suggested and nothing worked. The objects cannot be moved. Too bad. It's actually a fun game. I will give the dev some time to fix the problem. If they don't come up with something soon, I will ask for my money back.

[Post New]by tjshere on Jul 2, 17 5:52 PM
Same problem with level 6.
Changed permissions to admin, no difference..
Drivers all up to date.

[Post New]by dianne_bradshaw on Jul 4, 17 6:29 AM
Hi I have just downloaded the game and all the writing is blanked out in pink. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but the problem still persists. I have also updated my drivers and that has not made any difference. Has anyone else had that issue or know of a fix please?

karenmusik
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by karenmusik on Jul 4, 17 8:34 AM
I can't even get to Level 6. My game froze after the very first puzzle. Guess I'll skip this one.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jul 4, 17 8:46 PM
To everyone stuck on the "drag the items from the heap puzzles", which includes level 6, there is a workaround. I think the problem with moving items off the heap only occurs when you play in "very casual" mode (untimed). I don't know why and it's definitely a game error, but if you play any of those levels with the timer, you can move the pieces normally. Obviously, it's not the greatest solution, especially if you can't play timed without great difficulty, but if you want to continue on it does work and will allow you to progress in the game. Or at least, it has worked for me on every "heap" level so far and I'm currently on level 54.

Once you get to any heap level, go to the menu, then options, then difficulty and change it to casual. Exit the menu and click the restart button on the top right (circular arrow). Then you'll be playing timed, but able to move the pieces normally. You may have to replay the level a few times to finish, but I found the timer wasn't too bad on these heap levels. Once you finish the level, you can change the difficulty back to very casual - until you come across the next heap level, that is.

Hopefully, there will be a patched version of the game coming soon, but in the meantime you can keep playing.

Kazzie_UK
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Kazzie_UK on Jul 12, 17 3:49 AM
It has been a couple of weeks since the issues were reported, but still no information regarding a fix (is someone actually working on this problem or do we request a refund?).

Thank you Burf for taking the time to post a temporary solution x

Go to: