lamp_post
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

Has anyone tried the Update yet?

[Post New]by lamp_post on Jun 30, 17 12:13 PM
I went into my game and it said an update is available. I have not tried it yet . Let me know if all goes well.
Thanks
Done at last/Lamp_post

Re:Has anyone tried the Update yet?

[Post New]by GoMinnesotaWild on Jun 30, 17 12:26 PM
Looks like new levels have been added. The description said "bug fixes" and "bonus levels". The map now shows Level 77 "Start the Envoy from the East Quest".

I am only on Level 69 (main game). The experts will have to let us know what is in this current update

Did not have any problems with the download

segough
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by segough on Jun 30, 17 12:27 PM
I tried and it tells me I have to sign in again with e-mail and password - when I try it tells me there is no game connected to that account BUT when I get out of the game and then back in I can continue playing without the update or signing back in.
If this sounds confusing, it is because I am.

[Post New]by MysteriousMoods on Jun 30, 17 12:31 PM
I'm doing mine now.

pandora7777
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by pandora7777 on Jun 30, 17 12:35 PM
Mine updated fine so far. It appears there is new content as Henry's quest is now open. Have fun everyone!

FlaFig
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by FlaFig on Jun 30, 17 12:35 PM
I too, am confused. I did the update & downloaded all the Additional Content, and still no way to get new stuff. All the "key quests" are still showing.Usually when new stuff to do is available they go away. Any one had luck getting new quests to do?

lamp_post
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by lamp_post on Jun 30, 17 12:37 PM
Thanks everyone.

I am always hesitant to try an update when it first happens. I usually wait until it shows up on my game manager and so far, this has not, but I know it will.

Have fun in the castle

Done at last

Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

[Post New]by 1457051 on Jun 30, 17 12:38 PM
Everything went well for me. New region open. That's as far as I've gotten so far.
Off to check it out!

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jun 30, 17 12:46 PM
Just posted by a mod:

- 56 new quests
- 4 new areas
- 2 new characters
- 8 new hidden object scenes
- 12 new zoom zones
- 56 new inventory items
- 2 new puzzles
- Bug fixes and optimizations

So, no new achievements, nothing done about airships.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 30, 17 12:48 PM
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to pop in here and confirm that a new update is indeed available for the PC platform of Midnight Castle. If you would like to know more information on the update, please refer to the following announcement:

NEW UPDATE available for Midnight Castle (PC) - June 30, 2017

If any issues are present, players are encouraged to post in the designated technical issues thread. I'll include a link below:

Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

Feel free to also reach out to our Midnight Castle Support Team with your player ID if able, along with details of what is occurring. The Support Team has the appropriate tools to provide assistance.

Happy gaming everyone!

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by MysteriousMoods on Jun 30, 17 12:57 PM
segough wrote:I tried and it tells me I have to sign in again with e-mail and password - when I try it tells me there is no game connected to that account BUT when I get out of the game and then back in I can continue playing without the update or signing back in.
If this sounds confusing, it is because I am.

Try loading your game then click on the gear like your going to exit now click download extra content. I did after the update and there is 23 extra mb to be downloaded.

[Post New]by MaryCricket on Jun 30, 17 1:01 PM
I installed the new update, will try the game tomorrow or Sunday, working tomorrow, no need to rush, have a lot time to play the new update/ levels

Edited on 06/30/2017 at 1:07:24 PM PST

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Jun 30, 17 1:06 PM
Thank you! Thank you!
Now I may stay up all night!

segough
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by segough on Jun 30, 17 1:24 PM
Thanks, MysteriousMoods, but it tells me there is no additional content - have contacted Tech Support. Like looking at the cookies through the window - I know they are there, just can't get to them.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Jun 30, 17 1:28 PM
playingthegame wrote:Thank you! Thank you!
Now I may stay up all night!

If you stay up all night and have it finished by the end of the weekend (or sooner) then you'll be right back were you started this morning waiting for new stuff.

Why not do a little bit each day and savor it until the next update? Enjoy it a little bit before it's gone in a flash.

I just hate to see anyone rush through with jubilation and then a hard crash when it's realized that you've reached the end so suddenly. Stretch it out and enjoy it slowly.

Take it from someone who would do that in the early days when MC was brand new. Now, I'm slow and steady and I'm more than ok with being last to finish.

[Post New]by MysteriousMoods on Jun 30, 17 1:30 PM
segough wrote:Thanks, MysteriousMoods, but it tells me there is no additional content - have contacted Tech Support. Like looking at the cookies through the window - I know they are there, just can't get to them.

I am so sorry I hope Tech Support can help and that it comes quickly. I'm holding off on playing the new content in hopes of winning some of the items I need for the achievement. I played way to fast the first time.

FlaFig
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by FlaFig on Jun 30, 17 1:36 PM
Got mine to work - finally. Heres what I did -
Downloaded update, installed it.
Additional Content tab in the game ( where we turned off night mode) downloaded it
(at this point nothing had changed for me)
Shut down game, shut down computer & Re started computer
Started BF game manager, entered game normal
went from room to room, Henry was still a lion but had a ! over his head. Then I got new stuff to do.

Good luck

Edited on 06/30/2017 at 1:37:19 PM PST

Audres
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by Audres on Jun 30, 17 2:15 PM
Taking forever to download content. Game installed fine, but download said 366 items to download. Seemed to get stuck at 183 items done, so I restarted computer and game. Now downloading 192 items......done!! Game seems to be working fine. New level 77 on the map.

donnaamelia
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by donnaamelia on Jun 30, 17 2:23 PM
And I guess, the first post will arrive here in forum next week about people are stuck, are boring and crying out for a new update. Let us all enjoy the new update and be happy, - at least to the fall event.
Donna Amelia waiting with my ipad

Edited on 06/30/2017 at 2:51:51 PM PST

jude_todd
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by jude_todd on Jun 30, 17 2:24 PM
This update should keep us busy for a while , pretty as always and personally I think some scenes are harder to spot the hidden objects in . Well done developers .

Go to: