Countdown timers

Love_rnr
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

Countdown timers

[Post New]by Love_rnr on Jun 30, 17 4:13 PM
Has anyone noticed the timers for pet sleeping, fortune wheel, and HOS countdowns look different. Just wondering what the green circle is for.

~Paula

Re:Countdown timers

[Post New]by welshrarebit56 on Jun 30, 17 4:24 PM
I noticed that just now????????? But with the AirShip.

Out of curiosity, I hit it and it sent me to "Green Landscapes" another Big Fish Games.

What gives......Devs.

I quickly hit the close button, waited a few moments and logged back onto Midnight Castle. This new thing is still there.

Cheers

Welsh Shelley

Vstromval
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by Vstromval on Jun 30, 17 4:43 PM
Well, I watched the advert, and then my iPad returned to MC

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Jun 30, 17 4:49 PM
It's not showing up on my game. I play on PC. Hmmm......

[Post New]by welshrarebit56 on Jun 30, 17 4:52 PM
I played that game, when I 1st got my Ipad, many many s ago. It was sooooo boring.

Then my son found Midnight Castle for me to play, and the rest is history

I digress................still doesn't answer why these "Timers" are though Vstomval.

Was it just an advert?

Cheers

Welsh Shelley

PS
I was going to bed just under 1 hour ago. Have done the Download, haven't started it yet, will do it when my eyes and brain work a bit better

Countdown timers

[Post New]by welshrarebit56 on Jun 30, 17 4:56 PM
Love_rnr wrote:Has anyone noticed the timers for pet sleeping, fortune wheel, and HOS countdowns look different. Just wondering what the green circle is for.

~Paula

They are Not on my pets or fortune wheel???????????? Or Trina's game machine

BUT are on my Airship, Dice Game and HOS'

HELP Mods and Devs

Cheers

Welsh Shelley

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jun 30, 17 5:05 PM
Hello Everyone!

I completely understand wanting some more information about this new feature, and I'm happy to paddle over and provide just that.

Players on iOS and Android mobile devices now have the option of watching brief advertisements in exchange for some fun rewards. The reward that's received varies based on the location that the advertisement is watched and is listed in a tab next to the small film icon. There is also a limit to the number of videos that can be watched each day.

Thanks for your patience and for your enthusiasm about the game. If any more questions arise, please don't hesitate to PM me or another active Moderator. We're always here to help.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by welshrarebit56 on Jun 30, 17 5:15 PM
Thanks Beruna, for your answer. I have also just placed a question on the IOS Tech Thread.

Cheers

Welsh Shelley

tennco
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,001 Posts

[Post New]by tennco on Jun 30, 17 5:27 PM
Ok so I watched a video. Where do I see my reward?

[Post New]by welshrarebit56 on Jun 30, 17 5:32 PM
That I don't know Tennco. I haven't watched any yet, well not straight through, I shut it down as soon as it started, thinking I got hacked or something.

I thinks us Ios Players need a bit more info, the Mods will put us right soon I hope with all the questions that will flood through.

Cheers

Welsh Shelley...........it's 01.30 AM here in The Welsh Valleys and I am def going to bed, my eyes need old pit props now not matchsticks to keep them open

tennco
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,001 Posts

[Post New]by tennco on Jun 30, 17 5:37 PM
Ok so I had one at dice game and feeding one pet. It looks like a film strip with a number I believe first one said 5 and minus 30 min: second one 4 and minus 20 min. I'm not sure what the reward is. Maybe it cuts the minutes off the wait time. If that is the case it is just plain annoying to have to deal with pop up ads during the game. NO THANKS!!!! Any one else seeing this on iOS?

Love_rnr
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by Love_rnr on Jun 30, 17 5:51 PM
tennco wrote:Ok so I watched a video. Where do I see my reward?

Lol, I watched too, no reward.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jun 30, 17 5:51 PM
Hello Everyone,

I definitely understand wanting a bit more information about the video advertisements, so I'm paddling back in this direction to supply it.

Android and iOS players with the option to watch videos will receive the following rewards by watching advertisements:

- Speed up a HO scene's cool down period by 60 seconds
- Speed up the airship's cool down period by 30 minutes
- Speed up the dice game's cool down period by 30 minutes
- Speed up the Fortune Wheel's cool down period by 30 minutes
- Speed up the pet cool down period by 20 minutes
- Receive 10 coins for viewing a video in the Coin Bank
- Receive 1 diamond for viewing a video in the Diamond Bank

If you watch a video at the airship tower, 30 minutes will be subtracted from the cool down timer. If you watch an advertisement in the Diamond Bank, one diamond will be added to your diamonds. Where the reward appears depends on where you watch the advertisement and what is earned.

Not all iOS and Android players will have the option to watch videos in exchange for rewards. There are also cool down periods between watching the videos, and only a certain number of videos can be watched in a 24 hour period.

Thank you for your patience and your understanding. Please don't hesitate to PM me or another active Moderator if further questions arise. We're here to provide help!

bfgBeruna

Love_rnr
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by Love_rnr on Jun 30, 17 5:56 PM
I'm thinking I like the rewards! Thanks Beruna for the clarification!

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jun 30, 17 5:58 PM
And PC players get ...nothing.

Yet some iOS players feel that Elephant Games/Big Fish treat iOS players unfairly.

tennco
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,001 Posts

[Post New]by tennco on Jun 30, 17 6:10 PM
I've yet to figure out the rewards. It looks like a 20 to 30 min reduction of wait times.? Excuse me, but cutting 30 minutes off a 12 hour wait time for the dice is hardly a reward. And for that we have to watch ads for other games? Sorry, Tamara sue, but you certainly aren't missing anything unless I haven't figured it out yet.

tennco
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,001 Posts

[Post New]by tennco on Jun 30, 17 6:13 PM
So another question is why some on iOS and android have this feature. What is up with that?

napoeon
Catfish
Catfish
1,565 Posts

[Post New]by napoeon on Jul 1, 17 1:45 AM
bfgBeruna wrote:Hello Everyone,

I definitely understand wanting a bit more information about the video advertisements, so I'm paddling back in this direction to supply it.

If you watch a video at the airship tower, 30 minutes will be subtracted from the cool down timer. If you watch an advertisement in the Diamond Bank, one diamond will be added to your diamonds. Where the reward appears depends on where you watch the advertisement and what is earned.

bfgBeruna

Thanks bfgBeruna for the info and Welcome to the Pond!
Any video advertisements, bonus-rewards for PC players?
....I can make coffees , do the paperwork, anything!!!!???

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Jul 1, 17 6:18 AM
TiramaSue wrote:And PC players get ...nothing.

Yet some iOS players feel that Elephant Games/Big Fish treat iOS players unfairly.

I don't think that my poor brain could deal with any more complexities in the game of the kind mentioned by bfgBeruna!
This new update is quite sufficient for my "little grey cells" and is generating heaps of dust bunnies that need sweeping up!
The other guys in our Special Room are ecstatic over this update and are drinking themselves under the table in toasting the Developers!

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jul 1, 17 6:25 AM
playingthegame wrote:
TiramaSue wrote:And PC players get ...nothing.

I don't think that my poor brain could deal with any more complexities in the game of the kind mentioned by bfgBeruna!
This new update is quite sufficient for my "little grey cells" and is generating heaps of dust bunnies that need sweeping up!
The other guys in our Special Room are ecstatic over this update and are drinking themselves under the table in toasting the Developers!

Well, obviously I'm not ready for the special room because I'm disappointed that we received a so-called 'content' update. I prefer those 'non-content' updates because they provide much more to do than 56 quests. Seriously, how difficult would it have been to have included achievements tied to the puzzles? Back to DQing.

Go to: