bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Love Chronicles: Death's Embrace Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 1, 17 12:29 AM
From Vendel Games comes another heartwarming tale from their beloved Love Chronicles series!

Everything was going right for you as the apprentice of the famous mage Lucio, that is, until your beloved Ophelia was struck down by a magical disease! Now her soul has been stolen by Phobos, Lord of the Underworld. Though you were raised as a mage of light, you must now summon dark powers to travel to the Underworld and get her back! To do that, you’ll have to seek the mysterious Blind Witch, who cannot be found on any ordinary map. Can you reunite with your beloved and rescue her soul or will you join her in the Underworld? Find out in this emotional hidden-object puzzle adventure game!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Love Chronicles: Death's Embrace Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 2, 17 12:43 AM
I won't buy this game because:

I am fed up with most scenes being in turquoise and similar dark colours throughout the game.

I am really fed up with games which have yet again RUNES in them.

Try doing something new and original, and bring back colours to the games, for crying out loud.

[Post New]by JirafaVanidosa on Jul 2, 17 4:11 AM
Oh, How much I agree with you! You are very-very right about HO games nowdays! They are all dark blue, gray and similar colours.I have stopped buying them because of that(even my favorite Dark Parables-the last one is too dark literally also). So tired of that atmosphere! I love the first games of Love Chronicles for their Bright colours and beautiful graphics. I am missing true colours and imagination in HO games very much. Now I am mostly playing and replaying my RPG. I`m afraid, no more HO games for me? They are so much the same these days, it`s a pity .

Edited on 07/02/2017 at 4:24:31 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 2, 17 6:03 AM
Yes, unfortunately, nearly all developers use these dark blue/purple/turquoise shades nowadays. Maybe it's easier and cheaper to make games with only 2 or 3 shades of colour, but I am no longer buying those games. I am getting downright depressed when I am in a game with no colours.

And yes, apart from playing Sunken Secrets, I usually just play my RPGs. Have restarted the Millennium games again. One of the best.

bwake47
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by bwake47 on Jul 2, 17 8:55 AM
Hey, silly me! What are RPGs? Just wondering if I have some of those also. ?

[Post New]by JirafaVanidosa on Jul 2, 17 9:21 AM
I love Millennium series too. I replayed it about two months ago and it felt very fresh! I tried to find all secret rooms without help and failed yet again, I have not enough patience.Well, I`ll try next time. Now I`m replaying Laxius Force series, doing LF III now. I know, not everybody likes it because of too many quests and too much stuff but it suits me well and I find many new things every time I play( and I love Aldorlea games for this). Still am waiting for Little Hearts to be released. Hopefully it will be this summer.

Hi, bwake47! Not silly at all,RPGs are Role Playing Games. BFG has some of them, their adress is following:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/genres/82/rpg.html

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Jul 4, 17 7:45 PM
Well, I wanted to reply to a comment someone made in their review but since I can't put it there, I'll put it here.

angelfish106 wrote:
Overall I liked the demo although it was extremely short; mine ended with 42 minutes remaining which begs the question 'why offer a 90 minute demo when your cut off point is virtually half that time?'.

I don't think it's a 90-minute demo as much as that's the average time it should take to complete it? They give you 90 minutes to do the demo.

Edited on 07/04/2017 at 7:48:09 PM PST

Go to: